What's new

Univapo Miso Pro

red5

Achiever
Univapo Miso Pro review by Antony Lord
DQoGaldKKP_ovNXp5xCgK-dg7Pdtux-1z8P3zB2XatqnOhPDD5ZkurZI4qNi6cLXsdy68pNHSPAyfk2yRhPdjr7tTJemZhDp8Ai-QTDuK74Kay7g-dOwMttJleNMjc7ba-NJkzqn

Univapo has once again sent out their latest kit for me to test, the Miso Pro. The Univapo starter kits have consistently been amongst some of the best MTL starter kits I’ve used over the last couple of years so I was definitely looking forward to trying out their latest offering.

Specifications:
  • 100 x 25 x 15 mm / 49.7 grams (including the pod)
  • 1000 mah internal battery with 2 amp fast charge
  • 3.5ml pod (2ml for TPD regions)
  • 0.8 and 1.2 ohm UNC coils included

yBLpSsAAtsVva3mTj4IsW8l2NlNBzV6q8vTxPm_FPbuqgsfNfIElK6SIgwAhBa6bpQnbuwLm56bBrgCJkDFiA_iWSHk9sX0Ht3lH0nZgZhcVfbbbBLSWMqb3zOxZoKFwXbliplLT

As you might expect from something aimed at the new vaper the kit is fairly basic with the classic pod/battery combination, a second coil (one is preinstalled in the pod), a rather short USB-C charge cable and some basic paperwork. As a starter kit this is pretty decent, just add e liquid and you're all set to go.

jJjT-zzGWjh3t9EiVeK-e2zuVkzGK6-wXDx66naxu7sBteXnuUnCstlQKNOXf25e9XjufVtvYzwIgXMOD-XxYrcmJixbTFuHOH9GTGK506wT4qzHxr0Lui5aDvunvg-6fNnHFJfK

The Miso Pro is available in seven different colours to suit most tastes and I was sent the “sunset glow” and “blue” versions, I would say the blue is really more of a grey to be honest but it’s definitely my favourite out of the two. This is a little larger than your typical starter kit but Univapo have somehow managed to cram a 1000mah battery into what is still a fairly small chassis, it’s still not obnoxiously large or heavy though and will still sit very comfortably in a shirt pocket.

The main chassis appears to be aluminium and although it sports a very rectangular profile all the corners have been nicely rounded off for comfort and up front you have a large 10mm power button, this is raised up slightly off the chassis making it easy to locate, with a bright LED indicator sitting just under this to show your approximate battery charge status. Around one side you will find a USB-C port for charging and on the other there’s a single small air inlet. It all feels nicely put together, there is a little play in the power button but there’s absolutely no button rattle present.

L8jSSLzNkZ729DyIsZe-hpIIkqygewGu_cC_pbsqiika8Tx4siz1-CYzaLxO3Uy7CYlwIx-ZYpsrOa2BGftIhTWmHsUhf-o0IFs19Y27mtk6Zt-QGpcxb63P-wJX6TSpvBShYm0O

The pod itself features a screw in coil design which is sure to please all the plastic eco warriors out there as this means minimal waste when changing the coil, don’t forget to keep the airflow base that the coil screws into though! The pod is held in place with a couple of magnets in the pod recess and you can also see the auto draw tube here as well. Filling the pod is super convenient as the fill port is on one side of the pod and can be accessed without needing to remove the pod entirely which is appreciated.

Two coils are included in the pack and these are the new UNC Coils which will apparently be used in a few other upcoming Univapo devices. There’s a 0.8 ohm mesh coil and a slightly tighter 1.2 ohm round wire coil, Univapo were kind enough to let me know that these are once again both Kanthal coils so you’re safe to go ahead with either of them if you’re nickel sensitive.

oqPCdgXytlz2S2plnXImkH0064cyiRdQ5YIxPsp6ZgS8HGGjmGjHCq-objYSFFVNKtw2d1rF64lKEEJgiLkG2w4ytebjmFa9RPnTP-OCjIr4TmP75h1rnlkC_Vw8NFAXH_j_uMVn

Operation is simple with the standard five clicks on/off feature and the Miso Pro can be used as a draw activated device or with the power button. The auto draw feature is pretty responsive and consistent so I never really felt the need to use the power button and instead found myself turning this off with three clicks which meant I didn’t need to turn it off when throwing it into pockets. One thing that did trip me up with this feature is that this now means it’s eight clicks to turn the device off (3 to unlock and 5 to turn off) and this has to be done in two discrete stages, if the button is locked you can click away until you're blue in the face and it won’t turn off!

Both of the coils are very flavourful which is something I’ve definitely come to expect from Univapo and whilst I would place them both in the MTL category they edge more towards a “modern MTL” draw which is fairly loose. You are supposed to be able to adjust this slightly by flipping the pod around but in practice this makes little difference and I think this is because the pinhole air inlet isn’t the only place air is coming in from, the USB port also seems to contribute just as much air to the system. As I prefer a slightly looser MTL draw this is perfect for me but if you want an old school “it’s not tight enough unless I go cross eyed” MTL draw then you might find this a little disappointing. I did encounter some minor condensation build up in use as well so you might want to periodically have a check under the pod and give things a quick wipe down.

One outstanding feature here is the battery life and quick charging, I was easily getting a day out of this even when I used this as my only device. In my charge test this hit a peak charging rate of 1.85 amps and was fully charged in just 38 minutes with a final recorded capacity of 897mah.

Pros:
  • 1000mah battery
  • Great flavour from the coils

Cons:
  • “Adjustable” airflow doesn’t work
  • Some condensation build up

Conclusion:

Another great starter kit from Univapo, I really appreciate the extra battery capacity on offer here and the coils have been outstanding as usual, it’s nice to see that they plan on using these coils in future products as well. Once again this is something I would happily recommend to someone looking to quit the stinkies and make the switch to vaping.

Many thanks to @Univapo for sending the Miso Pro out for review.

Last edited:
Hey

Great Review, thank u for sharing

Still not tried mine yet but think i will give both away as im not a fan of an airy mtl. Love the Miso C though with the 1.0 pod.

Hi @DeeDee aka (Pod Queen) it’s not super airy, more of a modern MTL like most recent pod systems from the caliburn onwards, so if you liked the previous @Univapo kits you’ll probably like this. Perhaps @Vapaneezer Scrooge can chime in as I know he prefers a much tighter MTL than I do and he seemed to enjoy it in his review: https://www.planetofthevapes.co.uk/reviews/pod-systems/univapo-miso-pro.html

Yeah it saw his review.

Might try it and if i won't use it then i do a giveaway with the 0.8 coil.
I suppose i should give it a whirl.

I love the Kipo and the Miso C, wasnt a huge fan of the original Miso, just a little too airy for me

Cheers x

Hi @DeeDee aka (Pod Queen) it’s not super airy, more of a modern MTL like most recent pod systems from the caliburn onwards, so if you liked the previous @Univapo kits you’ll probably like this. Perhaps @Vapaneezer Scrooge can chime in as I know he prefers a much tighter MTL than I do and he seemed to enjoy it in his review: https://www.planetofthevapes.co.uk/reviews/pod-systems/univapo-miso-pro.html

Top review @red5 Univapo have nailed their coils.

The main issue with the adjustable airflow is that there's a small gap at the base of the sides of the pod, I solved this with a silicone lanyard to block the gaps off.

For those that prefer a looser draw will actually prefer this as Antony has pointed out.

It's one of those draws you learn to live with due to the superb flavour, but I was spoiled by the Miso C as the draw on that was perfect for my tastes so going to this felt like a downgrade.

Back
Top Bottom