What's new

Vapefest 2018

Unless anyone can tell me how to reduce the size of my phone pics, you'll have to wait for mine. But believe me, they're worth the wait...

Not only did I not take a single pic but I reckon I didn’t appear in a single pic
Was I even there ?

Unless anyone can tell me how to reduce the size of my phone pics, you'll have to wait for mine. But believe me, they're worth the wait...

iPhone pics will ask you if you want to resize if you email them to yourself. Or,

Double click on a desktop image and select the resize option on a computer.

I’m a Mac person, other things are beyond my comprehension. :D

Which hotel is it?
Premier Inn.

I was sitting vaping away on Saturday morning while waiting for Junglist to return - then suddenly saw the sign. I was stunned that no one set the alarms off, although I remember someone saying it was an issue last year.

Premier Inn.

I was sitting vaping away on Saturday morning while waiting for Junglist to return - then suddenly saw the sign. I was stunned that no one set the alarms off, although I remember someone saying it was an issue last year.

Do they have the power to fine us for something that is perfectly legal?

I know it's their hotel and they could throw you our for wearing green socks if they wanted, but surely but surely they don't have the power to impose fines?

Do they have the power to fine us for something that is perfectly legal?

I know it's their hotel and they could throw you our for wearing green socks if they wanted, but surely but surely they don't have the power to impose fines?
No idea mate.

At least they don’t ban delicious cheese-based delicacies ;)

Quick question...did any other campers get asked to show their tickets? I arrived at just after 4 and was pretty much waved in by security. We even had a chat about where to pitch and no mention of a camping ticket. They did come over a bit later to check though.

Just read a comment made on a FB thread and the poster mentioned he wasn't checked at all....

Hardware wise it was all high end squonker related. Which is great, if that’s your thing. Not so much if it’s not. And the couple of vendors that were there selling hardware that wasn’t categorised as squonk related didn’t have any great deals. £25 for a Drop Dead? At a Vape event? No wonder you were quiet. Big players like Evo were missed imo, and lots of the remaining vendors scaled things down and shared tents with one another to save costs.

I can’t help but think VF have done this to themselves though. You spend X amount of years making the event ‘invite only’ for vendors to then have a shit year attendance wise, (2017), then quite literally go begging for Vendors in 2018 to boost attendance by asking they same people to vend who you told to do one in 2016. Proof, if any were needed, that elitism is not and never will be good business.

However, whilst the vendors weren’t what they used to be numbers wise the vast majority that were there were great. @ZT looked chipper (sorry I didn’t say hello man. You were busy every time I poked my head round), Chefs were great with some stunning deals and the likes of The E cig shop and TMB notes were nice additions. But it was all juice.

Then you’ve got the theft. Due to word getting around that there was hardware for sale in our tent there was a constant influx of foot traffic, much moreso than normal. The fact something was stolen is proof, if any were needed, that the infection of unsociables in our community is spreading. But it’ll catch up with them...

Plus, and I really do mean this, it’s genuinely nice to catch up with some of the folks off here. I spent most of Saturday afternoon laughing my head off chatting to the guys that went and for the most part it goes to show what a nice bunch of folk we have here. The social side, for me at least, was the best it’s ever been. I’ve got some genuinely great mates on here, and I cherish that.

But do we need Vapefest to have a social ? I dunno. We were talking about that yesterday too..... but we need to talk a lot more about that I think.

TL;DR regardless of the vendor status, if my mates who I don’t see very often are going to Vf then I’ll go. [emoji4]
I did see you come in Chris! .. then looked around and you had buggered off! .. was gonna grab you a beer!

I have to say .. I think perspectives make a big difference - I had a great VF .. for us .. the atmosphere was actually better than the last two years .. and I mean that as an attendee rather than as a vendor .. but I guess our tent was pretty busy with a thoroughfare of fresh people all the time - and I barely got to leave it, managed about 40 minutes outside of it today.

I always goto VF with the intention of catching up with ppl and chilling out . but as a vendor its generally actually pretty fraught with keeping on top of everything .. I never get the time to go round Id like too.

Looks like you Apes had a great time and the weather was kind.A real pisser that I could not make it,but mum is really into her last few days with her cancer so I wanted to be on hand if I got the call.Look forward to seeing some more pics :-)

Looks like you Apes had a great time and the weather was kind.A real pisser that I could not make it,but mum is really into her last few days with her cancer so I wanted to be on hand if I got the call.Look forward to seeing some more pics :-)
Oh mate, you might still be a cunt but my thoughts are with you. I was wondering where you were with your camera - I just assumed it was taking upskirt shots from a hedge or something. Look after yourself, Rich.

Back
Top Bottom