What's new

Vaporesso F(t) mode

Andy S

Postman
Ive just bought a Target 100 mod and have a query about the F(t) mode.
According to the blurb it's a type of temperature control, however there's none of the setting up you usually have to do with TC mods so I'm wondering if this mode is intended for use with any type of coil. Specifically, is it OK to use with kanthal? The reason I ask is because kanthal (allegedly) has a flat resistance, i.e. doesn't change with temperature, and the usual advice is to not use TC on kanthal coils but the manual says nothing about that and F(t) is the default mode. Should I change to normal Wattage mode?

Iirc it isn't anything to do with TC just VW so yes fine with kanthal which shouldn't be used for TC.

It's not TC as you know it. More like marketing blabber. I don't think it matters what the coil material is...

Have a look at the gen200 review link in my signature below. there's an explanation about Ft.

The reviewers really noticed a difference when using regular round-wire coils in this mode. Not much difference in pulse/Ft using the GTI coils however

I notice the difference between F(T) mode and power on my Gen 200. I use Replay mode on a couple of DNA devices, and it seems very similiar. I'm not techy, so have no idea what it does.

Thanks for the replies.
Interesting... I've just tried all three modes on the same Wattage setting and they're definitely different flavour wise. The juice is a raspberry jam doughnut and in F(t) mode it's a bit more raspberry and in "Pulse" mode (which as far as I can tell is just constant Voltage) it's more doughnut and slightly warmer. The normal Wattage mode seems a bit muted compared to the other two. My guess would be that with a single flavour juice it won't make any difference.

As far as i recall from the blurb, Ft was a mode introduced to modulate the power to the coil in a way that a constant and consistent flavour output is achieved similar to temp control. While its not full-on TC with selectable temperatures, it does an ok job of imitating it just based on wattage alone.

Back
Top Bottom