What's new

Vaporesso sky solo plus, very hot

First things you need to decide really are what is your budget? and do you want MTL or DL?
So my budget would be about 60 euros. I do think I would like MTL over DL. DL makes me cough the whole time. MTL mostly makes me cough at the point where you switch from inhaling to exhaling. I also like flavors, and my justfog q16 hardly had any flavor.

So my budget would be about 60 euros. I do think I would like MTL over DL. DL makes me cough the whole time. MTL mostly makes me cough at the point where you switch from inhaling to exhaling. I also like flavors, and my justfog q16 hardly had any flavor.
I don't know what prices are like in Euros if I'm honest! If you prefer MTL over DL then look at an MTL kit. Might be worth looking at some of the pod or AIO systems, check out some reviews by DeeDee as some are very good indeed, such as the vaporesso target pm30. If you want a mod and tank setup then there are some good ones that use the Innokin Zlide tank.

The sky solo plus is a direct to lung hitting device so is not the same kind of draw as smoking.
Could it be you are trying to use it as a mouth to lung device?

I am having a similar problem... We might just describe it differently because i feel like I am sucking down ejuice. I am type of pen styles more like the innokin t18, jem pen, joytech ego aio. I think they are mtl? Me and hubby do it like former smokers. I think that's mtl? We nearly died our first few hits with this sky solo plus device. Im in the usa and maybe because we are rude and not considerate because I even emailed the site i bought this at and no one mentioned that would be different for smokers to hit... They said "you are not inhaling ejuice. It is a high rated device".. "well gee Whitakers, thanks but i HATEE IT". LOL. I Love this site though... you all respond as if we don't understand all vape related things... I know I don't... Because im here. Lol.

The sky solo can also be a little "Hot" when new due to the battery really holding a lot of power. If you have the 0.15 coils included it will be delivering its full power which can indeed be hot. As previously mentioned pick up some of the more gentle GT coils (0.4) and open up the airflow to cool the vape, that should help considerably.

I am having a similar problem... We might just describe it differently because i feel like I am sucking down ejuice. I am type of pen styles more like the innokin t18, jem pen, joytech ego aio. I think they are mtl? Me and hubby do it like former smokers. I think that's mtl? We nearly died our first few hits with this sky solo plus device. Im in the usa and maybe because we are rude and not considerate because I even emailed the site i bought this at and no one mentioned that would be different for smokers to hit... They said "you are not inhaling ejuice. It is a high rated device".. "well gee Whitakers, thanks but i HATEE IT". LOL. I Love this site though... you all respond as if we don't understand all vape related things... I know I don't... Because im here. Lol.
Even though you smoked mtl previously, so you feel the draw on your current devices is too tight.

With any simple tube style mod like this with no way of adjusting the power output the mod simply sends all of the power, all of the time to the coils - in the case of the 0.18 coils it will probably be close to the maximum the coil is rated to handle and unfortunately all you can do to lower the temperature of the vape with these coils is to open up the airflow as much as possible and take short hits.

I used a V8 Smok Stick for a while (basically the same thing) and had the same problem - similar low ohm coils just got too hot for comfort - and on the one occasion I tried a 0.15 mesh coil it was as hot as hell and burned the cotton almost instantly (don't be tempted to try out the 0.15 ohm coils on this mod as the heat problem will be even worse). If you decide to keep using the mod then take @eyeball kid 's advice and try to find higher resistance coils which will run on the mod at lower power settings - 0.40 ohm coils will pull much lower power levels from the battery, but you will probably have to reduce the airflow quite a bit as they tend to run cool on this type of mod.

If you can afford it I recommend you buy an external battery mod with adjustable wattage - the tank you have will run on it without problems, regardless of which coil you decide to use as you can tailor the power output to your preference.

Back
Top Bottom