What's new

Views on shortfill flavour

the 10ml bottles have nic in them so it must be mixed separately from the runs they do for shortfills. maybe that would explain a difference.

also salt nic doesn’t help improve flavour. the production method for their 10ml nic salt might not be as straightforward as adding premade nic salt. @Jefftow maybe you should try regular nic and let the liquid sit for a bit before you puff it?
I left them for 4 days shaking twice a day, with fruit my understanding is that steeping isn’t really needed. Looking at the reviews for the worst one there were lots of 5 star full of flavour and equal amount of 1 star say no flavour at all so id guess its down to the individuals taste buds

Using nic salts is a bit more of a challenge. What you’re experiencing may be due to the fact that the 10ml are steeped at the manufacturer’s, while you’re only giving yours 3-4 days. I have been told by several mixers that nic salts don’t steep well, and this is my experience, too. I’ve been using a 50:50 blend of nic salts and freebase for a while now, and it seems to steep better than nic salts alone.

But taste is always going to be subjective ;)

I think you`ll find that all of the vendors on the forum are commercial juice vendors, the clues are they are selling juices commercially on the forum.

Yeah, you have to use your imagination to interpret what I mean.

It's like your local independent coffee shop and Starbucks.

There are so many variables when it comes to liquids, the atty you are using, the build, the voltage, the airflow and even your own taste. Not trying to say something you already might know, but it can sometimes take a whole lot of experimenting and taking notes as you go to get the full potential from liquids. On the other hand some are just shit to start with and amount to even more shit if given a chance to steep, others will be fine straight out the bottle whilst others will improve rapidly over a couple of weeks or more.

Yeah, you have to use your imagination to interpret what I mean.

It's like your local independent coffee shop and Starbucks.
Same applies, when I say commercial manufacturers I mean all companies large and small who make juices with the intention of selling to others, not just the massive companies.

I've had liquids that have tasted better in 10ml form than shortfill (Anarchist Green springs to mind), but most of the liquids I buy taste exactly the same in both.

@u8myufo raises some good points, lots of variables involved.

I left them for 4 days shaking twice a day, with fruit my understanding is that steeping isn’t really needed. Looking at the reviews for the worst one there were lots of 5 star full of flavour and equal amount of 1 star say no flavour at all so id guess its down to the individuals taste buds

aye, but there is little t no “steep” effect with salt nic so after four days they will be no different than had you puffed them straight away. this is what i was getting at in my earlier post. that the salt nic might be the flavour problem.

I use salt nic exclusively and I cant say that I`ve noticed a difference in taste, I taste all my new juices without nic, I`ve always assumed that any juices I buy will have steeped from the time that they are bottled to the time that I use them. I should add that I dont buy tobacco,bakery or custard vapes.

aye, but there is little t no “steep” effect with salt nic so after four days they will be no different than had you puffed them straight away. this is what i was getting at in my earlier post. that the salt nic might be the flavour problem.
Just did some research and it seems salts do take more time, I’ve never used salts before so new to me, when i vaped previously salts were a new thing

Back
Top Bottom