What's new

Voodoo kraken

big benson

Achiever
photo.jpgIve Just give this a try,opened wick hole a touch,working good so far.just thought i would share.

EDIT this idea sucks,dont bother,its not been wicking good and been getting dry hits,the problem is i cant drill a hole any bigger than 3mm in the atty and the voodoo wool is 4mm so its just too tight,as said later in the thread by Chegs wick need to be loose in the hole to be able to get enough juice running up it.I FAILED, that is all!

Last edited:
I just cant get my Kraken to work right....On it's second build and still get dry hits unless it lies on it's side...Think I'll go back to silica....Cant be arsed with all the faff...

I'll wait until my RSST is a little older before I try drilling the wick hole out(though it was only 1 hour after dropping through the letter-box before the air hole was enlarged)

Sent by lazer from just north of the world's largest nuclear dustbin

I just cant get my Kraken to work right....On it's second build and still get dry hits unless it lies on it's side...Think I'll go back to silica....Cant be arsed with all the faff...
Was the same for me,i used ss rope or mesh for months and got the odd dry hit,so swapped to silica last week and its miles better.

I'll wait until my RSST is a little older before I try drilling the wick hole out(though it was only 1 hour after dropping through the letter-box before the air hole was enlarged)

Sent by lazer from just north of the world's largest nuclear dustbin
Yes scared the shit out of me too as its a original one,all went well though,i only drilled it out about 0.5mm bigger.

Have you tried thinner mesh wick with less mesh?

Mine wicks like a bastard. Made microcoils just smaller than the wick holes and the mesh is just big enough to pass through them but has a nice gape all around the wick hole.

Tried it with mesh and kanthal wire microcoil 1.5 ohms.....Crap....Tried it with mesh with silica down the middle and ribbon wire 1.8 ohms....better but still crap....next time I'm going to try ekowool with a bit of mesh round it and if it's still crap I'm going back to silica....I just wont let a scabby bit of metal beat me...

Strange thing though, it looks good, sparks up with the juice ok, just tastes shit..?? Go figure ??

Tried it with mesh and kanthal wire microcoil 1.5 ohms.....Crap....Tried it with mesh with silica down the middle and ribbon wire 1.8 ohms....better but still crap....next time I'm going to try ekowool with a bit of mesh round it and if it's still crap I'm going back to silica....I just wont let a scabby bit of metal beat me...

Strange thing though, it looks good, sparks up with the juice ok, just tastes shit..?? Go figure ??
Try lower res?

Try lower res?

Which will need MORE juice to cool the coil,so increasing the likelihood of a dry hit.Does sound like the coil/wick combo need tweaking though,something that wicks faster(stainless cable with a wrap of mesh)as I've seen a few people complain of flooding issues when using cable wicks.

with mesh my gennys tend to either overwick or not wick at all and i cant get em working with silica at all any tips?

Back
Top Bottom