What's new

Voopoo Drag 4 Kit

Sam Andrews

Achiever
Welcome to my review today we have the Drag 4 Kit from @VOOPOO this was very kindly sent for purpose of review from @Sourcemore

As always this review is my own thoughts and not anyone else's, neither am I paid to do this.

Abit about the kit.....

Another Kit in the Drag range which has been very popular for a long time from the orginal Drag all the way through to the latest. Starting with solid resin panels they've changed through a range of different materials on the battery door and this newest Kit comes with a wooden effect or resin panels.

They've also brought out a new tank to accompany this kit and that's the Uforce L tank.

The kit comes in 6 colours, 3 resin and 3 wooden and I recieved the black walnut wooden version.

DRAG-4-Kit_Color-Frame_2ml_TPD-Version_EN-scaled.jpg

What's in the box.....

• DRAG 4 device

• UFORCE L tank

• 4ml straight glass

• PNP TW20 coil

• PNP TW15 coil

• Type C USB charging cable

• Spare bubble glass (5.5ml)

• Bag of spare O rings

• User manual

• Battery warning card

20230310_071415.jpg

Specs......

Mod...

• Dimensions: 52.4 x 25.4 x 89mm

• Material: ZInc Alloy+Leather+Solid Wood

• Battery: 2 x 18650 (not included)

• Display: 6 colour theme Screen

• Output power: 5 – 177W

• User modes: RBA (Variable Wattage), Smart , Eco, TC (Ni200, Ti, SS316, SS430)

• Output voltage: 3.2 – 8.4V

• Resistance range: 0.05 – 3.0ohm

• Charging : USB Type C 3A

• Locking switch

U force Tank...

• Dimensions: 57 x 25mm

• Capacity: 2ml (TPD) / 4ml, 5.5ml (standard)

• Quarter turn top fill

• 3 adjustable top airflow ports

• Compatible with PnP coil range

• Included coil resistance: TW15 meshed PnP 55-70W / TW20 meshed PnP 40-44W

• 510 heat sink base design

Mod.....

The new Drag 4 mod takes many similarities from the previous Drag 3 but also has changed a few parts for the better in my opinion.

To start of it's still a dual 18650 cloud chucking vape. Has a top 510 connection and comes in array of different colours and styles.

However the main screen has changed slightly with the wattage being enlarged and it know showing the double battery bar with a % next to it making it easier to tell your remaining battery amount.

20230328_120808.jpg

Voopoo have also added a new QS switch which the menu system can be changed so it can be used as a lock button, a power on/ off switch or a switch to lock the wattage. This is a great addition to any mod and using it to turn the device on and off saves the little time of remembering 5 clicks on and off.

20230328_120819.jpg

The main difference is the battery door on the Drag 3 it was a rather loose bottom catch which always felt it was on the edge of breaking however Voopoo have brought back the C framed paneled battery door which is solid and locks into place without any problems.

20230328_120924.jpg

Also on the from of the mod is a USB type c charging port for firmware upgrades or emergency charging.

The whole device although looking very in depth and expensive is simple to use. Holding the up and down button brings up voopoos menu system from here you can choose between:

• Mode
• Switch
• Puff Reset
• About
• Screen colour

20230328_120813.jpg

Using the fire button you can select any option, on the mode screen here you can switch between, Smart, Rba, Eco or TC. All which have been used by voopoo before hand.

Switch is the menu which let's you choose what you want the new QS switch to be used for choosing between turning the device on and off, locking the wattage, or locking the device.

Puff Reset obviously clears the puff counter

About gives you information on the chip and voopoos scoring system they use.

Screen colour gives you 5 different colour options for the screen.

The mod is ran from Voopoo new Gene TT2.0 chip which they claim to be there fastest to date in ramp up time of the device, also each battery is now managed individually by the chip meaning it has a more stable and consistent output when using the device.

Tank....

Now for me personally this is the star of the show, the new voopoo U force L tank.

20230310_071749.jpg

Coming in 5.5ml with the included bubble glass (2ml TPD), it features top airflow, an array of coils and replaceable 810 drip tip.

20230328_120839.jpg

On the top you will have a quarter turn top cap revealing 2 filling ports with have a silicone bung over with just 2 small slits in I haven't had any problems with bottle nips not fitting as the silicone easily opens up for all sizes.

20230328_120904.jpg

Also on the top you have the top airflow system which you simply turn the knurling closing off all 3 sides the same on each turn you do, this tank goes from fully DL to a restricted DL depending on the coil you have installed/ where you put the airflow adjustment.

20230328_120850.jpg

The bottom part simply unscrews which is where the coils push into the bottom and also where you can replace or remove the glass section for cleaning etc.

The tank although it looks and feels quite chunky the sleek looks and the fantastic vape it gives really has made this one of my favourite DL vapes I've used.

Coils.....

Both coils included in the kit are right up my street also ranging from 40W- 70W over both coils there's one for every DL vapers needs.

20230310_071437.jpg

I Started off with the 0.2ohm coil also known as the PNP TW20 rated at 40-55W.

Running in smart mode the mod automatically sets this coil to 50W straight away the flavour is bold, flavoursome and plenty of clouds, even with the airflow fully open it's a very enjoyable vape, closing it down just a touch was perfect for me almost the perfect vape I would say.

The next coil is a 0.15ohm coil also known as the TW15 PNP coil, rated at 55-70W.

Smart mode automatically sets this coil too 65W, I went lower starting at 50 and like the previous coil fantastic flavour and airflow coming through this, slowly moving up the wattages I found my ideal vape to be at 60-65W with the airflow 1/4 closed off.

Personally I loved both coils but if I was to pick 1 out of the 2 coils I think I would slightly edge towards the TW15 coil I just felt like it had a little bit more power behind the vape which just gave it a slight edge on flavour and cloud production for me.

Pros and Niggles.....

Pros....

• Great flavour
• Great airflow ranges
• Smooth vape
• Easy to use
• Smart looking
• Pnp coils widely avaible
• Lock switch
• No leaking

Niggles....

• Struggling to find much in my testing period.

Overall thoughts....

Overall this is easily my favourite Drag Kit released to date, the tank produces fantastic flavour, vapour and the coils last a good amount of time. The wooden effect on the C frame battery door looks great and gives the mod a really smart finish.

The menu system is easy to use making it great for any vaper. The switch to lock the device means you haven't got to remember to turn it off every time which is a great addition.

The whole kit is well made, looks premium and works a treat I'm really impressed with it, it's a shame the mod is almost to nice to take to work so the tank will be doing alot of back and forth onto different mods until its time to take it on a day out.

I would highly reccomend this as both a kit or individual mod or tank both are brilliant separately or paired together and I'm very happy I got to test this kit for review.

Discount code.....

Code: VD4K $45.59

Thank you as always to sourcemore for sending me this kit and also you for reading

Sam

264622-9913e4b6069e9d7d7e72457833aed7a9.jpg

Back
Top Bottom