What's new

Voopoo drag ia driving me crazy 🤪

jonbean

Hello ladies and gents. As a newbie to vaping after being a heavy smoker, I purchased a voopoo with built in battery, have used it faultless for a few months. I decided I wanted a spare vape for the car.. so bought a voopoo drag , and then purchased 2x fogstar 3500mah 10a batteries.. these wouldn't work as the device just shows" low power" when trying to use , even tho battery indicator shows full., so I then purchased vapcell 3000amh 20a batteries .. same issue. They're charged up on a li ion digital charger so know they're fine.
I've tried a combination of batteries and 0.15ohm and 0.6ohm coils.. literally all the gear and no idea here 😂😂.
HELP a brother out please guys and forgive my ignorance on what I assume is some simple issue. TIA

Hi @jonbean and welcome to the planet.
I dont know much about batteries but have always bought from fogstar. maily samsung 30Q 15amp or Molicel P28A 25amp
the way i understood it many years ago was the 3500mah are more suited to torches than vape so best to stick to 3000mah max. things may have changed though.
hopefully someone else can advise better than me.

Hi @jonbean and welcome to the planet.
I dont know much about batteries but have always bought from fogstar. maily samsung 30Q 15amp or Molicel P28A 25amp
the way i understood it many years ago was the 3500mah are more suited to torches than vape so best to stick to 3000mah max. things may have changed though.
hopefully someone else can advise better than me.
Thanks very much.. hope so as I really.dont understand the ohms/amps stuff.. thought it would be a case of a battery and a coil and off we go 😂😂

Thanks very much.. hope so as I really.dont understand the ohms/amps stuff.. thought it would be a case of a battery and a coil and off we go 😂😂
was it a flat top or a button top.
while were on the subject ill ask a question as well.
molicel new P30B 3000mah 30amp any good for vaping at 30-50watts?

The Drag does internal charging? I wouldn't normally recommend doing that but try charging the batteries internally, see if anything flags up.
What is the model and brand of the external charger you're using, also what Drag model is it, ie: Drag 3 Drag 4 etc.
Do you have access to a multimeter to measure the voltage of the batteries.
Do you have the correct power mode selected, I would assume wattage mode.
What atomiser are you using.

Last edited:
As previously mentioned the 10Amp batteries are really only suitable for modest power settings but the 20 Amp batteries you have should be good for up to 60 Watts. The 3500 mah batteries should be OK for up to 30 Watts but not for higher power levels needed for a 0.15 ohm coil

Although Vapcell batteries are a rewrap brand generally they aren't awful. Personally I'd recommend you buy eighter Molicel, Samsung or Sony 18650 batteries,- not because Vapcell are necessarily bad batteries, it's just that you will have no idea what donor cell is under that wrap. It could be a really decent cell like the Sony VTC6 or Samsung 30Q, or it could be a cheaper no-name cell. There is no real way of knowing.

If you're trying to vape at full power then you really need a good 25 Amp battery like a Molicel P26 or P28 or Sony VTC5A, but if you're vaping at more reasonable wattages - up to 60 Watts, the Vapcell 20 Amp batteries SHOULD be OK, although they will be working pretty hard.

Before assuming you need to buy even more batteries I would contact the seller of the mod as it is probably faulty. If your getting a low battery warning with a new fully charged 20 Amp Battery I strongly suspect the issue is with the mod. Although the 3,500 mah batteries aren't suitable for use with a 0,15 resistance coil - they should be OK for the 0.60 ohm so if none of the batteries will fire the 0,60 it is probably a fault with the mod.

I'd take/send it back/get a replacement before forking out on more batteries.

was it a flat top or a button top.
while were on the subject ill ask a question as well.
molicel new P30B 3000mah 30amp any good for vaping at 30-50watts?
They're all flat top which is what was recommended. Vape will power up one any of the battery/coil combos but then when you try and fire it , it simply shows low power message on screen. . But the battery bar is full

As previously mentioned the 10Amp batteries are really only suitable for modest power settings but the 20 Amp batteries you have should be good for up to 60 Watts. The 3500 mah batteries should be OK for up to 30 Watts but not for higher power levels needed for a 0.15 ohm coil

Although Vapcell batteries are a rewrap brand generally they aren't awful. Personally I'd recommend you buy eighter Molicel, Samsung or Sony 18650 batteries,- not because Vapcell are necessarily bad batteries, it's just that you will have no idea what donor cell is under that wrap. It could be a really decent cell like the Sony VTC6 or Samsung 30Q, or it could be a cheaper no-name cell. There is no real way of knowing.

If you're trying to vape at full power then you really need a good 25 Amp battery like a Molicel P26 or P28 or Sony VTC5A, but if you're vaping at more reasonable wattages - up to 60 Watts, the Vapcell 20 Amp batteries SHOULD be OK, although they will be working pretty hard.

Before assuming you need to buy even more batteries I would contact the seller of the mod as it is probably faulty. If your getting a low battery warning with a new fully charged 20 Amp Battery I strongly suspect the issue is with the mod. Although the 3,500 mah batteries aren't suitable for use with a 0,15 resistance coil - they should be OK for the 0.60 ohm so if none of the batteries will fire the 0,60 it is probably a fault with the mod.

I'd take/send it back/get a replacement before forking out on more batteries.
Thanks so much .. a great informative response. Just what I needed. I will contact the seller as I bought it online 👍

Back
Top Bottom