What's new

Voopoo Drag M100S Kit

Gitchy

Achiever
Kavis @Sourcemore sent me this to try out. I am not affiliated with POTV or Sourcemore, nor do I get paid to review things.

PXL_20230629_144631812.jpg

Voopoo Drag M100S Kit

https://www.sourcemore.com/voopoo-drag-m100s-kit.html

I was given a discount code for this as well and it’s DM100 and brings it down to $42.29 which is about £33.

The Drag M100S is a single 21700/18650 mod that goes up to 100w max. It’s got the Gene. TT 2.0 chip in it so has all the usual modes that the dual Drag mods have. There’s also the handy switch under the adjustment buttons to lock the mod up totally. Always a bonus for me as I pocket fire mods quite a lot. It comes with the UForce-L tank which is 5.5ml capacity here but, as always, it’ll be different in TPD areas and limited to 2ml.

In the box you get:
1 Drag M100S Device
1 UFORCE-L Tank (5.5ml)
1 PnP-TW15 0.15ohm Coil
1 PnP-TW20 0.2ohm Coil
1 Spare Bubble Glass (5.5ml)
1 Silicon Rubber Pack
1 Type-C Cable
1 User Manual
1 18650 Adapter

Design/looks wise it’s a nice looking mod. It has a circular metal body with the rectangular front jutting out, giving it an almost teardrop shape. The finish on it is smooth so there’s always the danger of fingerprints but to be honest I’ve not really noticed. I’m a constant mod wiper myself, it’s almost absentminded these days. With a 21700 battery in it has a good heft to it and the circular back makes for a comfortable fit in your hand. The buttons click nicely and the USB C slot is at the front at the bottom for charging if that’s how you roll. Branding is surprisingly subtle for a Voopoo mod. There’s a Drag M100S on one side at the bottom and on the side panels of the front there is Voopoo on one side and Gene TT 2.0 printed but you do have to really look for those as they’re not immediately noticeable. The battery door is on the bottom and the slider is solid on it and there’s no rattle from the battery.

The tank is the UForce-L, which uses the PnP coils. It’s got good airflow for the higher rated coils and gives a decent RDL when you close it down somewhat. This version of the tank makes it look a bit top heavy if you ask me. I’d have preferred a slightly smaller tank so the TPD version might look a bit better, I don’t know as I’ve not got one yet. It’s still a cracking tank though.

PXL_20230731_190058530.jpg

Function wise it has all the bells and whistles of the Gene TT 2.0 chip. You have to hold the 2 adjustment buttons together to get into the main menu and it gives several options. Mode, switch, puff reset, about, colour and exit. The modes are; smart, RBA, eco and TC. The smart sets the wattage automatically for you, RBA lets you do as you please, eco (I assume) uses the most efficient power curves etc to save power and TC is the usual SS, Ti, and Ni modes so you can temp control as you like. The switch menu lets you adjust what you use the wee switch at the bottom for. You can let it lock all the buttons, turn the mod off or lock the wattage. That’s a nice wee touch that I do actually really appreciate. The rest of the options explain themselves really.

In use I started off with the 0.2 ohm coil as that’s my preferred kind at the moment. At 55w it gives a good plume of vapour and a very good flavour. You can lower it a bit as well and adjust the airflow to get a more sedate RDL draw, I liked it around 40w for this myself. One thing I will never like about the Voopoo mods is the fact that if you don’t draw on the mod for a bit it goes to sleep and you have to click the fire button once before taking a hit on it. I get so frustrated when I go to take a draw and there’s nothing there and I always forget about it so I get frustrated quite often. It’s the only thing that’s bothered me about this mod and other Voopoo mods. Please stop doing it Voopoo!

I moved onto the 0.15ohm coil and the smart mode set it at 80w for me. That was a bit much, albeit tasty and cloudy. Down to 65w was more my speed and I did enjoy using the 0.15 coil at this wattage, I think I even preferred it to the 0.2, which is my usual preference. It just brought out the flavour in my juice a bit more.

The tank is a good one. I have had the UForce-L on a previous mod and it’s probably my favourite stock coil tank at the moment. It is built for airflow and clouds but you can get it to give a decent RDL draw if you faff about with the airflow ring. I’ve had no leaks but have found if you leave it for a bit the coil might flood sometimes and give you juice in your mouth. This is after days of non-use mind you so it’s not like it’ll flood overnight or in a few hours. Even then there’s only a little condensation in the bottom when you unscrew it so their claims of being leak proof seem to hold up quite well.

PXL_20230731_190159328.jpg

Overall the Drag M100S is a good mod and the UForce-L a good tank. I like that the mod’s a 21700 as I have plenty of those batteries and sit at a desk all day. It’s quite compact for a 21700 and my other tanks look pretty good on it. Just wish I had a red tank now to match with the colour I got. The Gene TT 2.0 chip gives you plenty of options and the added bonus of being able to adjust what the wee switch does is a nice touch.

Last edited:
It`s a very capable kit in a sea of very capable kits, I`m very pleased with mine it does everything I expect of it very well.

It`s a very capable kit in a sea of very capable kits, I`m very pleased with mine it does everything I expect of it very well.

Thanks mate. Yeah, I like this one. Not been too keen on the design choices Voopoo have made for recent mods but this one suits me. The chip is pretty damn good as well. I know that doesn't matter as much to people as it maybe used to but it does everything I'd want it to do.

Thanks mate. Yeah, I like this one. Not been too keen on the design choices Voopoo have made for recent mods but this one suits me. The chip is pretty damn good as well. I know that doesn't matter as much to people as it maybe used to but it does everything I'd want it to do.
To tell the truth mine came in VW mode and that`s how it stayed, I do like that I can switch it off with the flick of a switch.

Kavis @Sourcemore sent me this to try out. I am not affiliated with POTV or Sourcemore, nor do I get paid to review things.

View attachment 328126
Voopoo Drag M100S Kit

https://www.sourcemore.com/voopoo-drag-m100s-kit.html

I was given a discount code for this as well and it’s DM100 and brings it down to $42.29 which is about £33.

The Drag M100S is a single 21700/18650 mod that goes up to 100w max. It’s got the Gene. TT 2.0 chip in it so has all the usual modes that the dual Drag mods have. There’s also the handy switch under the adjustment buttons to lock the mod up totally. Always a bonus for me as I pocket fire mods quite a lot. It comes with the UForce-L tank which is 5.5ml capacity here but, as always, it’ll be different in TPD areas and limited to 2ml.

In the box you get:
1 Drag M100S Device
1 UFORCE-L Tank (5.5ml)
1 PnP-TW15 0.15ohm Coil
1 PnP-TW20 0.2ohm Coil
1 Spare Bubble Glass (5.5ml)
1 Silicon Rubber Pack
1 Type-C Cable
1 User Manual
1 18650 Adapter

Design/looks wise it’s a nice looking mod. It has a circular metal body with the rectangular front jutting out, giving it an almost teardrop shape. The finish on it is smooth so there’s always the danger of fingerprints but to be honest I’ve not really noticed. I’m a constant mod wiper myself, it’s almost absentminded these days. With a 21700 battery in it has a good heft to it and the circular back makes for a comfortable fit in your hand. The buttons click nicely and the USB C slot is at the front at the bottom for charging if that’s how you roll. Branding is surprisingly subtle for a Voopoo mod. There’s a Drag M100S on one side at the bottom and on the side panels of the front there is Voopoo on one side and Gene TT 2.0 printed but you do have to really look for those as they’re not immediately noticeable. The battery door is on the bottom and the slider is solid on it and there’s no rattle from the battery.

The tank is the UForce-L, which uses the PnP coils. It’s got good airflow for the higher rated coils and gives a decent RDL when you close it down somewhat. This version of the tank makes it look a bit top heavy if you ask me. I’d have preferred a slightly smaller tank so the TPD version might look a bit better, I don’t know as I’ve not got one yet. It’s still a cracking tank though.

View attachment 328127

Function wise it has all the bells and whistles of the Gene TT 2.0 chip. You have to hold the 2 adjustment buttons together to get into the main menu and it gives several options. Mode, switch, puff reset, about, colour and exit. The modes are; smart, RBA, eco and TC. The smart sets the wattage automatically for you, RBA lets you do as you please, eco (I assume) uses the most efficient power curves etc to save power and TC is the usual SS, Ti, and Ni modes so you can temp control as you like. The switch menu lets you adjust ewhat you use the wee switch at the bottom for. You can let it lock all the buttons, turn the mod off or lock the wattage. That’s a nice wee touch that I do actually really appreciate. The rest of the options explain themselves really.

In use I started off with the 0.2 ohm coil as that’s my preferred kind at the moment. At 55w it gives a good plume of vapour and a very good flavour. You can lower it a bit as well and adjust the airflow to get a more sedate RDL draw, I liked it around 40w for this myself. One thing I will never like about the Voopoo mods is the fact that if you don’t draw on the mod for a bit it goes to sleep and you have to click the fire button once before taking a hit on it. I get so frustrated when I go to take a draw and there’s nothing there and I always forget about it so I get frustrated quite often. It’s the only thing that’s bothered me about this mod and other Voopoo mods. Please stop doing it Voopoo!

I moved onto the 0.15ohm coil and the smart mode set it at 80w for me. That was a bit much, albeit tasty and cloudy. Down to 65w was more my speed and I did enjoy using the 0.15 coil at this wattage, I think I even preferred it to the 0.2, which is my usual preference. It just brought out the flavour in my juice a bit more.

The tank is a good one. I have had the UForce-L on a previous mod and it’s probably my favourite stock coil tank at the moment. It is built for airflow and clouds but you can get it to give a decent RDL draw if you faff about with the airflow ring. I’ve had no leaks but have found if you leave it for a bit the coil might flood sometimes and give you juice in your mouth. This is after days of non-use mind you so it’s not like it’ll flood overnight or in a few hours. Even then there’s only a little condensation in the bottom when you unscrew it so their claims of being leak proof seem to hold up quite well.

View attachment 328128

Overall the Drag M100L is a good mod and the UForce-L a good tank. I like that the mod’s a 21700 as I have plenty of those batteries and sit at a desk all day. It’s quite compact for a 21700 and my other tanks look pretty good on it. Just wish I had a red tank now to match with the colour I got. The Gene TT 2.0 chip gives you plenty of options and the added bonus of being able to adjust what the wee switch does is a nice touch.
Good one Gitchy. :thumbup:
The L Tank and coils are great. My misses favourite tank now. She loves it. Used to use a Zeus but these coils last longer.

Back
Top Bottom