What's new

VTA

I have a couple

Golden Syrup
Honeycomb

Both good, especially Golden Syrup which tastes so sweet and good. :D

What do you mix your honeycomb with? I tried with capella double choc (I think) going for the obvious crunchie vibe, but I wasn't so enthralled. I found it better with a few nuts in, but still not stellar.

What do you mix your honeycomb with? I tried with capella double choc (I think) going for the obvious crunchie vibe, but I wasn't so enthralled. I found it better with a few nuts in, but still not stellar.

Good question, I've not had it long/used it much but I had reasonable success with a couple of dessert things, A pistachio, hazelnut and honeycomb cheesecake. And a more of a cookie type thing. Always as more of a topping rather than a main flavour.

I had to get a 30ml of FA custard from chef’s so took advantage of their discount and order a couple of these.

I got mastiha, mahlepi and ginger root. They arrived today, I quickly fumigated the package and mixed up a wee 30ml bottle of the mastiha at 3%. This is very different from the atmos labs mastiha. It’s totally clear, less thick and less “heavy” smelling, but still quite pungent.

I have high hopes for it. I’ll test the other two over the coming days. The ginger seems to be popular with folks on ELR.

I've bought 3 of theirs - vanilla ice cream, OK but not a patch on the Liquid Barn version
Milk Fresh which was a bit weak and I didn't think much of it and
Chocolate Milk which is quite nice.

They're quite cheap but I think you need to use more to get enough taste but at least they're not really awful so I'd use them if I can't find anything better.

I’ve mixed up a tester of the mahlepi at 3% and am puffing it now, it’s pretty good I think it will be an excellent addition to sweet and tobacco recipes. It’s pleasant enough on it’s own at 3%, mind.

Not tried the other two yet.

I’m puffing the mastiha. It’s totally different from the atmos labs one, and actually might be more realistic. It will definitely be easier to use in mixes, the atmos one overpowers everything. For anybody who likes the flavour of mastiha, this is worth getting.

I’ve also just mixed up a wee 30ml of the ginger root. It smells excellent, just like fresh grated ginger.

The ginger root has turned out to be very good. It’s fresh ginger, but without the heat you would expect from chewing a bit of ginger. After sampling it i’ve added some FA lemon zest. Perfect.

To the mastiha, I added some b-juice lemon/limeade concentrate for a mastiha lemonade.

The mahlepi now has some FA cookie and INW custard and creme brûlée and will sit in the cupboard for a few days.

I would definitely recommend these three. Fresh and light tasting and quite accurate with no off tastes. They will for sure be good blenders for tobaccos and sweet flavours.

I had to get a 30ml of FA custard from chef’s so took advantage of their discount and order a couple of these.

I got mastiha, mahlepi and ginger root. They arrived today, I quickly fumigated the package and mixed up a wee 30ml bottle of the mastiha at 3%. This is very different from the atmos labs mastiha. It’s totally clear, less thick and less “heavy” smelling, but still quite pungent.

I have high hopes for it. I’ll test the other two over the coming days. The ginger seems to be popular with folks on ELR.
Ah I'm getting mastic muddled with mastiha.
Thread revival.

The ginger root has turned out to be very good. It’s fresh ginger, but without the heat you would expect from chewing a bit of ginger. After sampling it i’ve added some FA lemon zest. Perfect.

To the mastiha, I added some b-juice lemon/limeade concentrate for a mastiha lemonade.

The mahlepi now has some FA cookie and INW custard and creme brûlée and will sit in the cupboard for a few days.

I would definitely recommend these three. Fresh and light tasting and quite accurate with no off tastes. They will for sure be good blenders for tobaccos and sweet flavours.

I'll take you up on the ginger root... I need a good straight ginger. I usually ignore your recommendations because you have such revolting taste, but I'll give you the benefit this time. It better be good or I'll be coming looking for you. :)

Back
Top Bottom