What's new

VTbox200 **SOLD**

philTBA

Achiever
Vape Cige VTbox200.
The history.
This was my first VTbox200 (no. 0272) this box always gave faultless service. It was the first of mine to get the Turnigy upgrade. It was sold recently, but wouldn't charge, so buyer was refunded & returned the mod. Either the dna200 chip developed a fault, or the Turnigy cell suffered a terminal failure.
When it arrived back with me, the Turnigy was toast, with all the cells reading sub 1.5v, there's no heat resistant cellophane covering the chip. (Shown in separate image.) I connected the mod to escribe, a 'settings incomplete' message box came up. I installed default settings, then reset the base lines to suit a standard VTbox 3s cell, and gave it a full charge. The cell I used is SHIT, so shit it was swollen to the point where it physically won't fit into the mod properly, but it charged as it should, and took 3-4 hours to fully charge. (I found this the 'normal' charge time on stock VT cells. Nano techs have a 5.5-6hr charge time) I used the mod until the 'weak battery' warning showed on the screen and the mod cut off. Checked the cell, bang on 3.3v. Since then, I've gave the cell 5-6 partial charges so I could hit the cutoff point more often, and altering from 3.3 - 3.4v cutoff points and connecting the cell to the condition checker. The mod has cut off at the set voltage every time, and each time it's charging with no issues. There's been no unusual warning/message boxes when connected to escribe, or on the screen, so I can only assume a terminal cell failure caused the problem. There was no sign of any venting or swelling of the cell.
IF there is a random intermittent fault with the DNA200, (I can't get it to reappear) evolve will replace the board for the price of posting the mod to them you don't even need to strip it down or rebuild, they'll do it all for you. :)

You can see the wear marks round the edges of the black finish, and the marks on base. There's a chip in the clear coat on one side plate, just at the top of the V & T. That's how it arrived new from the factory, and it hasn't got any worse since then. It'll come WITHOUT a cell, as A) it won't fit, and B) while I was happy to use the orrigional LiPo for testing, for safety reasons, I'm not willing to send it out to someone else to use ! (A 1300mAh nano tech can be picked up for around £11-12, or a pair for around £26 on eBay. Any I've had test at around 1350mAh) Remember, the nano techs need some prep to fit the VTbox. Details are in the VTbox battery upgrade thread.

The mod will come with the orrigional box & charge/data lead. I'll set the base lines for a nano tech before dispatch. Price includes PP g&s & RM 1st class signed for.

**POST ON THREAD FIRST** if it ain't in the thread, it didn't happen ! :)

RRP £78-98 (Geaarbest, dependant on colour B/W- £98)

Price £40.

It's a DNA200 mod for 35 quid, so NO offers please. :D

(I got all 6 sides this time @Rob ;) )

Back
Top Bottom