What's new

Wackygt sent me here !

Well I’m still confused by all the “ohm” stuff and what could work with what wattage and oh my god don’t even get me started on what resistance each one has lol!

The coils that come with the tank my fella has ordered for me are a mixture I think. But yeah was told the Plexus ones aren’t particularly great. I think I’m gonna have to experiment tbh cos this is all so confusing to me lol.

I’m glad I joined this forum
Though cos everyone has been so helpful, my fella told me he’s learnt sooo much from all you guys and he was a massive noob last year!
So if I do have any questions my fella can’t answer I will defo be asking on here!!!

Honestly there isn't a massive major difference in the two coils

they operate at slightly different wattage range

1.6 Ohm say 10w to 14w
0.8 Ohm say 14w to 18w

You just adjust it on your kroma and you get a bit more vapour/cloud on the 0.8 Ohm than the 1.6
They say 1.6 Ohm is cooler & 0.8 is a little warmer blah blah blah

you just bump up the watts a smidge to find a level that provides taste but without going nutz too hot that can cook the juice/flavour
But all depends on the liquid - some need a smidge more watts than others etc.....
But it isn't rocket science - just a bit of trial & error to tune to YOUR tastes

It really isn't a massive deal & everybody will use slightly different settings/stuff/juice so take what I said as a GUIDE only
As I say coils you can get cheaply - most places do 5 for £10 but a few places about £8 posted
so a new coil doesn't break the bank - whatever one you decide

The coils should last ya 10 to 14 days but depends as sweeter flavours or thick juice can shorten coil life
I can't remember exactly when I put this coil in the main 4ml tank - maybe 3 weeks ago ???
Caned it for a week as my main tank, then played with other stuff that turned up
So on/off for last 10 days if others were charging......
Just cleaned it out as just was getting a bit on the dark inside - tipped last dregs away rinsed warm water
little wipe, or hairdryer to dry out tank from any water drops....
Couldn't be arsed to find box of coils so rinsed and blew out old cruddy coil, left to dry for a day on radiator
used another tank - slung it back together for a laugh and flavour wasn't that bad
But yeah me being a lazy tight arse, I know a new coil would have been the right wise choice
(but if you was on your last coil you can squeeze a bit more life half a week say if waiting for coils in post)

I use 1.6 on about 11w with cheapy slightly sweet tobacco juice - probably "similar" to the RY4 type juice
so I'm not ultra fussy about a wine tasting cascade of flavours on my tastebuds of fruits/custards/cheescakes etc....

Every vaper is different - but is a good tank/kit that really is easy to fill use change coils without fuss
The coil is no biggy - think finding a juice that you really love will be the one to suss out
(would say picking the colour but you fell in love with it - so that was sorted)

The air hole - I'm on the last air hole just - just starting to close but about 90% open
(think all holes are all the same size - not large to small on some others like N2)
You will suss it but that is kinda about the same as a fag draw - from what I remember 2.5 years ago

Nahhhh - don't worry about coil choice too much or overthink it - just vape away and stay off them expensive stinky fags

Last edited:
Haha well luckily my fella has given me his zenith tank cos he has seen how well I’ve got on with it.

I must admit I have had a coupe of stinkies BUT nowhere near as much as I normally do! I think once my new vape arrives I’ll be buzzing to use it a lot so hopefully it will stick and I can say goodbye to the stinkies forever!

See, I don’t wanna be like your other half too much, I really want to try and learn as much as I can about it all without pestering my fella all the time. But whenever he’s tried a really nice juice he has offered to let me try some or order me some too! I suppose it helps when your partner is a vaper too!
It does help but she's not liking the juices I have so have to pick something else for her...

I'm not all that clued up either, so i don't bother with variable wattage and temperature control...just too complicated for me to get to grips with atm. But resistance is Ohms, that much i do know. Watts is power, and amps is current. Basically all you need to know, is to set the right wattage for each specific ohm rated coil. The 0.8 ohm coil I use in the Zenith is works well at around 18-20 watts or so, the 1.8, i guess is somehere around 10-14watts ish, i think. Then it's a matter of adjusting the air valve on the tank to get the desire effect...simples really! :D

Well I’m using one of my fellas mod which is an aspire but not sure which one. Basically looks like a white box lol
And I’m vaping at 13w atm and it’s the perfect set up for me.
Im sure once the innokin kroma-a arrives I’ll shall be annoyed everyone with questions lol!

Honestly there isn't a massive major difference in the two coils

they operate at slightly different wattage range

1.6 Ohm say 10w to 14w
0.8 Ohm say 14w to 18w

You just adjust it on your kroma and you get a bit more vapour/cloud on the 0.8 Ohm than the 1.6
They say 1.6 Ohm is cooler & 0.8 is a little warmer blah blah blah

you just bump up the watts a smidge to find a level that provides taste but without going nutz too hot that can cook the juice/flavour
But all depends on the liquid - some need a smidge more watts than others etc.....
But it isn't rocket science - just a bit of trial & error to tune to YOUR tastes

It really isn't a massive deal & everybody will use slightly different settings/stuff/juice so take what I said as a GUIDE only
As I say coils you can get cheaply - most places do 5 for £10 but a few places about £8 posted
so a new coil doesn't break the bank - whatever one you decide

The coils should last ya 10 to 14 days but depends as sweeter flavours or thick juice can shorten coil life
I can't remember exactly when I put this coil in the main 4ml tank - maybe 3 weeks ago ???
Caned it for a week as my main tank, then played with other stuff that turned up
So on/off for last 10 days if others were charging......
Just cleaned it out as just was getting a bit on the dark inside - tipped last dregs away rinsed warm water
little wipe, or hairdryer to dry out tank from any water drops....
Couldn't be arsed to find box of coils so rinsed and blew out old cruddy coil, left to dry for a day on radiator
used another tank - slung it back together for a laugh and flavour wasn't that bad
But yeah me being a lazy tight arse, I know a new coil would have been the right wise choice
(but if you was on your last coil you can squeeze a bit more life half a week say if waiting for coils in post)

I use 1.6 on about 11w with cheapy slightly sweet tobacco juice - probably "similar" to the RY4 type juice
so I'm not ultra fussy about a wine tasting cascade of flavours on my tastebuds of fruits/custards/cheescakes etc....

Every vaper is different - but is a good tank/kit that really is easy to fill use change coils without fuss
The coil is no biggy - think finding a juice that you really love will be the one to suss out
(would say picking the colour but you fell in love with it - so that was sorted)

The air hole - I'm on the last air hole just - just starting to close but about 90% open
(think all holes are all the same size - not large to small on some others like N2)
You will suss it but that is kinda about the same as a fag draw - from what I remember 2.5 years ago

Nahhhh - don't worry about coil choice too much or overthink it - just vape away and stay off them expensive stinky fags

Wow ok thank you for that!! Sometimes I need info breaking down and explained to me in detail, helps me understand lol!

Well my fella thinks I’ll get on well with the 1.6. But I guess I won’t know till it arrives and I can experiment!

I really do want to quit so much. This is why I want to learn as much as I can so that I know what I’m doing and I’m not tempted to go back to those horrible stinkies!!

Well I’m using one of my fellas mod which is an aspire but not sure which one. Basically looks like a white box lol
Im sure once the innokin kroma-a arrives I’ll shall be annoyed everyone with questions lol!

Think you would have it mostly sussed by then - just finding your perfect juice is maybe the slightly tricky bit

Mine is on an Aspire mod too. You don't really need to worry too much about the mod, especially for plus ohm coils such as yours, as they don't consume much power or require high wattage to run them. My Zenith is currently on a 100 watt twin batteryTyphon..but i could just as easily run it on a small single battery 30-40 watt mod.

As for quitting the stinkies, follow your heart on that one...i vaped and smoked for 2 weeks to begin with, known as 'duel fuelling', reducing the number of cigs each day by one or two...& by the last day i only had the one cigarette..so I quit for good the following day.

Just keep doing what works for you & you'll get there! :)2

Last edited:
It does help but she's not liking the juices I have so have to pick something else for her...

women - huh, they know what they like....

actually they deffo know what they DON'T LIKE, but picking something they really like
well let's just say it can be a little bit more complicated......

men-and-women-shopping.jpg

Mine is on an Aspire mod too. You don't really need to worry too much about the mod, especially for plus ohm coils such as yours, as they don't comsume much power or require high wattage to run them. Mine Zenith iscurrently on a 100 watt twin batteryTyphon..but i could just as easily run it on a small one battery 30-40 watt mod.

As for quitting the stinkies, follow our heart on that...i vape and smoked for 2 weeks, known as 'duel fuelling', reducing the number of cigs each day by one or two...by the last day i only had one cigarette..so quit for good on the next day.

Just keep doing what works for you & you'll get there! :)2

Well I’ve tried the whole “quitting in one day” but it’s impossible for me.
I just hope I can stick to it this time!
If I can keep going for a few weeks cutting down each time I think I will be able to do it!

This is why I wanted to try a different tank because my fella said it’s all down to finding the right set up and juice, which is what a lot of you have said too!

women - huh, they know what they like....

actually they deffo know what they DON'T LIKE, but picking something they really like
well let's just say it can be a little bit more complicated......

men-and-women-shopping.jpg

That diagram.... I must not be a normal woman because I am exactly like the men... know what I want, head straight to it.... pay, go home!! Lol my fella said shopping with me is a breeze! Haha

Back
Top Bottom