What's new

WANTED: People for testing our new device

Mine is broken. :17:

Loved it so much already ordered a replacement.

Last edited:
Mine is broken. :17:

Loved it so much already ordered a replacement.

I was tooting on mine a moment ago thinking "I could probably lob this at the floor and it wouldnt break".
Then I started thinking Top Gear style and wondered if it would survive a bog drop or being driven over? :hmm:
But decided that would be pushing my luck and I'd be sad if it died :58::D

I was tooting on mine a moment ago thinking "I could probably lob this at the floor and it wouldnt break".
Then I started thinking Top Gear style and wondered if it would survive a bog drop or being driven over? :hmm:
But decided that would be pushing my luck and I'd be sad if it died :58::D

It will break, trust me.... I have 2 packets of coils now that I can't use ... I'm going to have to buy a tank to make use of them. :D

My son threw mine and it's been dropped twice , still going strong.

what happened? It is covered by a 6 month warranty or what it an act of nature.
Think I've invalidated the warranty. :D

Drove my car into the curb yesterday at 40mph and blew my tire. Took the car to the garage this morning and as I usually do I forget my vape is on my lap so it fell off my lap onto the floor. The impact seemed to affect one of the contact points. Mod just wouldn't fire.

Poked at the contact to make sure it was moving but it looked depressed and like it was causing the issue. It would fire intermittently if I pushed the tank down whilst firing but only very intermittently.

So I took it home and decided to open it up and look at the two tank contacts. But being in a really foul mood having spent the last couple hours without a vape and walking 2 miles in this ridiculous heat I wasn't in the most attentive frame of mind when I got home. So I used a mini screwdriver to try and get the board out. I obviously touched something I shouldn't have as it caused the mod to instantly autofire and I couldn't switch it off. The board got super hot with a wisp of smoke so I had no choice but to rip the board out to disengage the battery.

It's my own fault. But I would advise others to try and not drop theirs. And don't poke anything metal into the internals to try and remove the board (not my best moment).

I've already ordered a replacement. Just reminded of how much I really love this device as I'm now using my nautilus2 again and it just doesn't compete. I'll take a VIM any day of the week. I've vaped it exclusively for a week straight without touching another device since the .4 coils arrived. Only break was when my mesh pro turned up a couple days ago and I've been testing out the mesh coils. Considering I usually vape on a dozen different devices daily, to vape a single device for a week straight is no mean feat for a manufacturer to achieve. Not only have you retired my nautilus 2 (except for emergency use) I think you've gone and retired 99% of my gear! The VIM has without a doubt been the best addition to my vape gear in a very, very long time. Really grateful to be included in this test phase.

Was also super chuffed to be able to buy just the mod without the tank as the tank is perfectly fine.

Heart breaking scene....

IMAG2039.jpg

Think I've invalidated the warranty. :D

Drove my car into the curb yesterday at 40mph and blew my tire. Took the car to the garage this morning and as I usually do I forget my vape is on my lap so it fell off my lap onto the floor. The impact seemed to affect one of the contact points. Mod just wouldn't fire.

Poked at the contact to make sure it was moving but it looked depressed and like it was causing the issue. It would fire intermittently if I pushed the tank down whilst firing but only very intermittently.

So I took it home and decided to open it up and look at the two tank contacts. But being in a really foul mood having spent the last couple hours without a vape and walking 2 miles in this ridiculous heat I wasn't in the most attentive frame of mind when I got home. So I used a mini screwdriver to try and get the board out. I obviously touched something I shouldn't have as it caused the mod to instantly autofire and I couldn't switch it off. The board got super hot with a wisp of smoke so I had no choice but to rip the board out to disengage the battery.

It's my own fault. But I would advise others to try and not drop theirs. And don't poke anything metal into the internals to try and remove the board (not my best moment).

I've already ordered a replacement. Just reminded of how much I really love this device as I'm now using my nautilus2 again and it just doesn't compete. I'll take a VIM any day of the week. I've vaped it exclusively for a week straight without touching another device since the .4 coils arrived. Only break was when my mesh pro turned up a couple days ago and I've been testing out the mesh coils. Considering I usually vape on a dozen different devices daily, to vape a single device for a week straight is no mean feat for a manufacturer to achieve. Not only have you retired my nautilus 2 (except for emergency use) I think you've gone and retired 99% of my gear! The VIM has without a doubt been the best addition to my vape gear in a very, very long time. Really grateful to be included in this test phase.

Was also super chuffed to be able to buy just the mod without the tank as the tank is perfectly fine.

Heart breaking scene....

View attachment 168509

some day you had there, maybe we should do a neck lanyard for it, that would have solved everything.

some day you had there, maybe we should do a neck lanyard for it, that would have solved everything.
It's better than yesterday. Had sciatica for the last 2 weeks for the first time in my life. Changing a wheel on your own with sciatica trumps everything else.

Some kind of hook on the mod would be awesome. I'd clip it to my belt. If I had a quid for every time I got out of the car with a small mod on my lap and dropped it I'd be rich. One of the reasons I never take my expensive gear out with me. Couple months ago I had the added pleasure of not realizing I had dropped it until after I drove away and started looking for it. When I went back it had been run over. Probably by me as I drove away. Lol.

OK, so new unit arrived today. Thanks @JAC Vapour.

It was the pin that was faulty after the drop. But it wasn't one, it was both. Looking at the new unit the two pins both stick up pretty high. On the unit I dropped (which landed on the drip tip) both pins were fully depressed and stuck in that position. They must have got damaged and bent or something because I spent the 2 mile walk home trying to press them in and out. They never came out anywhere near as far as they are on the new unit. Which also explains why it fired intermittently whilst I pressed the tank down and fired the mod simultaneously.

May have been able to fix it if I hadn't screwed up and sent it into autofire mode. Will never know now as disposed of it yesterday so can no longer mess about with the pins.

my coil is going strong. waiting for a coil change then i'll do the review of it.

Back
Top Bottom