What's new

We WON!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Common sense Prevails!!! Power to the People!!!! IMAG0102.jpg

Good news, but the UK Government is still intent on implementing the Tobacco Directive as UK law. ANoher battle. Strange that the EU speaks sense but the UK

Regulation is not a bad thing to get rid of impure e-liquids, but I fear the dead hand of the tobacco lobby guiding the UK so they can tie up research for years and get us people back on the weed, all in the name of 'safety'. I Know I'd return. No wonder the tobacco lobby support it.

As I understand it if the UK implemented the TPD as voted for today (with ammendment 170) that's a good thing.

It would ban sales across the internet to EU states (not so good) and puts a 30mg hard limit on the nicotine content of e-liquid, not ideal but *much* better than the talked about 4mg/ml limit at least most vapers are catered for at 30mg/ml

It stops a lot of home mixers selling shite on Facebook as you would need to get tests done as you need to provide a list of ingredients and things found in the vapour, so e-liquid sellers will have to pay for emissions tests GC-MS tests that kind of thing (few hundred quid a batch as well as a bit more paperwork)

About the worst thing is that it dents home DIY mixing somewhat - mixing anything much past 18mg strength would be tricky.

There is going to be new e-cig regulations. There needs to be. Politicians have to be seen to be doing "stuff" As long as the regs that are developed are reasonable then I'm happy. Tobacco companies are just going to shift mostly in e-cigs in 10 years or so's time. It's progress.
Burning dead leaves is going to be about as popular as bonfires are now that we are advanced enough to have things like central heating :) (nice once in a while but that's about as far as it goes)

As I understand it if the UK implemented the TPD as voted for today (with ammendment 170) that's a good thing.

It would ban sales across the internet to EU states (not so good) and puts a 30mg hard limit on the nicotine content of e-liquid, not ideal but *much* better than the talked about 4mg/ml limit at least most vapers are catered for at 30mg/ml

It stops a lot of home mixers selling shite on Facebook as you would need to get tests done as you need to provide a list of ingredients and things found in the vapour, so e-liquid sellers will have to pay for emissions tests GC-MS tests that kind of thing (few hundred quid a batch as well as a bit more paperwork)

About the worst thing is that it dents home DIY mixing somewhat - mixing anything much past 18mg strength would be tricky.

There is going to be new e-cig regulations. There needs to be. Politicians have to be seen to be doing "stuff" As long as the regs that are developed are reasonable then I'm happy. Tobacco companies are just going to shift mostly in e-cigs in 10 years or so's time. It's progress.
Burning dead leaves is going to be about as popular as bonfires are now that we are advanced enough to have things like central heating :) (nice once in a while but that's about as far as it goes)

You might deem some of this as acceptable with conditions attached but I dont :(

Firstly, I have had the pleasure of dealing with loads of vendors, who mix e-juice out of passion and commitment rather than just for financial gain, and costing them a few hundred quid to get the correct certification can make a whole world of difference to their already tight profit margin, and to see these companies go to the wall would be heartbreaking.

I also dont agree with the 30mg Nic limit. What about all of those DIY mixers who would see less than half of the total yield from the same amount of what is the most expensive ingredient of any e-liquid. Also it impacts on people that dedicate in the supply of nic base to all of their customers who are end users.

As for the dodgy FB sellers, if people are stupid enough to buy from them, that is their issue, there is enough information and advice out there to advise people not to purchase it. I wouldnt purchase anything from 'Dodgy Dave' down the pub, whether it is headache tablets, alcohol, DVDs, meat, and that includes e-liquid. As a consumer you have to use a degree of common sense.

None of the above personally affects me, but I know of others that it does/will affect, and we have a duty to support and stand by our fellow vapers and freedom of choice is what is at stake here.

And I bloody love a good fire.

Children and wives would never just switch the fire on the second I walk out of the house and then pretend the heat was due to them just having finished cooking a load of cakes the minute I return.

No.

Central heating is the invention of the Devil in the pay of our once beloved but now privatised and corrupt utilities.

Also, a fire is a great place to get ride of the unwanted plastic bits from 4-packs. Fire saves the lives of tuna fish and baby seals.

I don't want to live in a Vaper Caper world without tuna and seals.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom