What's new

Weird Goings On.

Rob

Administrator
Staff member
Strange things have just started happening with my 2 DNA devices, 1 being a Lost Vape Paranormal DNA250C and the other being my much loved VapeDroid C1D2 DNA75.

It would seem that the SS316L Wire is causing problems? If I make a New Coil (3mm Id, 6 Spaced Wraps giving me .30 ohms) everything is fine for maybe 2 or 3 Tank Fulls. Thereafter the Coils are tending to only operate when I switch to Wattage Mode? I always check the Deck Screws etc, so am at a bit of a loss.

This has only started to happen recently, let's say within the last 5 days or so? I know the temperatures are cooling what with Autumn arriving, but I don't remember this happening before?

Wire is Stealthvape, Cotton is BP Mods. Liquid is 50/50 or 60/40.

Loose or tarnished 510 pin, or loose/baked on juice post connection? If it is happening on TWO mods recently I'd check the atty first and give all the individual parts a bit of a clean/reassemble.

Another strange thing to consider? If I then switch the Tanks over and use them on my SX G Class in TC Mode (SS316L Mode) they appear to be working as one would expect.

Hey @Rob :)

Been contemplating this question since you posted, and your second post didn’t help me find an answer :18:

Assuming the ohms reading hasn’t changed after the 2-3 tanks, I’m wondering if you’re getting a warning on the dna mods… And have you checked the diagnostics on escribe?

Something is obviously interfering with the board’s ability to read the resistance changes, at least how the dna chip does it. It may be as mentioned above, baked on juice either on the posts or within the rta from condensation. 0.3ohms is a somewhat low resistance for tc and it may be testing the limits of the dna chip, that is, when there’s a slight problem. The Yihi chip can perhaps be more forgiving in regards to fluctuations f ex. :11:

Not sure it helps, but… The only solution I can think of is to check escribe while it’s happening and see if there is an obvious reason there, and dismantle the rta base/deck completely and give it a good cleaning :22:

Not exactly as I'd have liked @vapervince. :hmm:
So I started of by stripping down the RTAs and giving them Ultrasonic Baths, whilst that was going on I also thoroughly cleaned the Mods 510s with Iso Alcohol just to make sure. :2thumbsup:
I then reassembled the RTAs having rebuilt them from the ground up.
The Paranormal DNA250C had the Atmizoo AER on it, The Droid DNA75 had one of the authentic Dvarw MTL FL.
Both RTAs were coiled with Stealthvape SS316L and wicked with BP Mods Cotton.

The Paranormal refused point blank to fire in SS316L Mode. However.... It would work in Replay. :11:, the Droid was much the same, but would fire when in Wattage Mode. After trying them on the DNAs, I then set them on the YiHi SX G Class and "of course" it fired them just fine in SS316L Mode!!

I then ripped out the builds and rebuilt using a different spool of SS316L, just in case, Same results on the DNAs, but worked perfectly on the YiHi :hmm:

I suppose my next Port of Call will be to send both DNA Mods down to @KytanDale and get him to have a deep investigation?.

Not exactly as I'd have liked @vapervince. :hmm:
So I started of by stripping down the RTAs and giving them Ultrasonic Baths, whilst that was going on I also thoroughly cleaned the Mods 510s with Iso Alcohol just to make sure. :2thumbsup:
I then reassembled the RTAs having rebuilt them from the ground up.
The Paranormal DNA250C had the Atmizoo AER on it, The Droid DNA75 had one of the authentic Dvarw MTL FL.
Both RTAs were coiled with Stealthvape SS316L and wicked with BP Mods Cotton.

The Paranormal refused point blank to fire in SS316L Mode. However.... It would work in Replay. :11:, the Droid was much the same, but would fire when in Wattage Mode. After trying them on the DNAs, I then set them on the YiHi SX G Class and "of course" it fired them just fine in SS316L Mode!!

I then ripped out the builds and rebuilt using a different spool of SS316L, just in case, Same results on the DNAs, but worked perfectly on the YiHi :hmm:

I suppose my next Port of Call will be to send both DNA Mods down to @KytanDale and get him to have a deep investigation?.
When I first read your post my first thought was to try re calibrating the cool ohms setting and if that didn`t work maybe adding an extra turn to your coil to take it above 0.3.
I`m still a journeyman tc vaper and I only use YI-HI mod so your post is an interesting learning op.

When I first read your post my first thought was to try re calibrating the cool ohms setting and if that didn`t work maybe adding an extra turn to your coil to take it above 0.3.
I`m still a journeyman tc vaper and I only use YI-HI mod so your post is an interesting learning op.

This. There is very little increase in resistance when SS316L is heated and 0.3 is definitely on the low side for SS TC. Using an extra wrap will increase the amount of resistance change when heated and make it easier for the board to identify it and react.

OK.... Can't really see that this "should" be relevant but..... I am ordering some new Wire anyway as the only SS316L I have left is 24AWG and that means that the coils end up VERY long if I increase the resistance by much and what with the Tremors etc, I'll struggle even MORE than I do anyway. BUT.... Wire longevity?? This Reel of wire is one of the ones I inherited from BadBoyBez and judging by the labelling it could well be "Of a certain age", so perhaps..... it's either Past its useful life, or just plain filthy?
I am no expert about such things, all I do have extensive knowledge about is Guitar Strings and THEY can reach a point where if left unused in their packets for years, are useless. I just wondered if the same could apply to Spools of Wire?

Who Knows..... Who Cares? :D;)

Back
Top Bottom