What's new

Weird sound and Liquid when vaping

drdinovaldo

Hello fam, It's me again xd, If you remember my last post I did fix that it was definitely the coils, I got a 0.2Ohms coil and it has been working perfectly.

Now the problem I have is that ever since I changed to the 0.2 coil it has been doing this weird sound and I think it's spitting liquid into my mouth when vaping, this has been for the past 2 days.

Any suggestions on how to fix it is highly appreciated.

what wattage have you got it set to?
thats spitback and a normal sound but somethimes it can do it too much and burn your mouth/tongue

what wattage have you got it set to?
thats spitback and a normal sound but somethimes it can do it too much and burn your mouth/tongue
It's on 55W the device shows 45-60W as recommended for this coil.

is there any way to get rid of the spitback ?

What ratio of VG/PG juice are you vaping. Preferably it should be 70/30 for most DL vapes - if you're using thinner juice like 50/50 it could be over-wicking and flooding the coil.

What ratio of VG/PG juice are you vaping. Preferably it should be 70/30 for most DL vapes - if you're using thinner juice like 50/50 it could be over-wicking and flooding the coil.
It's a 75/25, do you think weather could be the culprit? I live in a hot city we are at 32ºC constantly and my A/C broke a couple weeks ago, maybe it's melting (?) making it less dense than it should be

It's a 75/25, do you think weather could be the culprit? I live in a hot city we are at 32ºC constantly and my A/C broke a couple weeks ago, maybe it's melting (?) making it less dense than it should be
It can be like that, as the viscosity and then soaking of the coil changes with the ambient temperature. It is not melting per se. Your liquid is 75/25 which is pretty viscous at "standard" temperature of 20-25C. When it goes approx 10C higher it is enough for the liquid to be less viscous, or "thinner" if you like.
Certainly, this may cause oversoaking and spitting.

I think it's very likely that the heat is the reason for the flooding issue. E-liquid is, sort of, like oil - the viscosity changes with temperature and when the temperature is high the 'thinner' the liquid gets.

If it's likely to stay hot for months then it's probably worth trying to find 80/20 or max VG during the hotter months. In the meantime to clear the flooded juice I'd wrap a tissue over the end of the drip tip and turn it upside down so the excess juice runs out - or flick it out - if you're using a pod system just make sure you're gripping the pod so it doesn't shoot out of the end of the mod lol.

please can you send some of that weather over here to the UK :D middle of summer and its rain or max 19c which suks.

Didnt know you was in a warmer country otherwise i would of mentioned risk of flooding caused by heat.
If your coil is in a tank that you can open and remove the coil without the juice flooding out everywhere then you could wrap the coil in tissue or kitchen roll paper to soak up the excess and see if that stops the spitting for a while.

please can you send some of that weather over here to the UK :D middle of summer and its rain or max 19c which suks.

Didnt know you was in a warmer country otherwise i would of mentioned risk of flooding caused by heat.
If your coil is in a tank that you can open and remove the coil without the juice flooding out everywhere then you could wrap the coil in tissue or kitchen roll paper to soak up the excess and see if that stops the spitting for a while.
I'm about to empty the tank but I think the "magic" in the device is that's supposed to not leak juice while changing the coil. Should I wait the 10-20 minutes and let it prime again after letting it soak on the tissue?

Thank you everyone for your prompt responses ♥

I'm about to empty the tank but I think the "magic" in the device is that's supposed to not leak juice while changing the coil. Should I wait the 10-20 minutes and let it prime again after letting it soak on the tissue?

Thank you everyone for your prompt responses ♥
nah, the coil will still be primed and all your soaking up is the excess juice. maybe try with it turned down by 5 watts as well to see if that stops the spitting.
out of around 55 tanks ive gone through i think the only one that i got spitback was the cleito tank with no matter which coil i tried.

Back
Top Bottom