What's new

Western Warnings Tarnish Covid Vaccines the World Badly Needs

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...mber-states-to-re-embrace-astrazeneca-vaccine

EU urges member states to re-embrace AstraZeneca vaccine
Call comes after European Medicines Agency reaffirms benefits outweigh very small risk of blood clots

Brussels has encouraged EU member states to act on a new European Medicines Agency opinion that the benefits of the Oxford/AstraZeneca Covid vaccine outweigh the risks of blood clots in all adult age groups.

The European commissioner for health, Stella Kyriakides, emphasised the vaccine’s importance as part of the EU’s strategy despite months of controversy following the latest conclusions from the EMA.

In reference to member states who have resumed use of the vaccine in recent days following the discovery of blood clots as a very rare side effect, Kyriakides said she welcomed the fact that they had reflectedon the latest evidence.

She has been lobbying capitals to take a coordinated position on the use of the vaccine to rebuild public confidence. Last week, however, Denmark became the first EU member state to abandon the jab.

“It is clear, the overall benefits of the AstraZeneca vaccine in preventing Covid-19 outweigh the risks of very rare and unusual side effects,” Kyriakides said in a statement. “The AstraZeneca vaccine is an important part of our vaccines portfolio. It is an effective vaccine that protects from severe disease and death, in the EU and globally.

“The basis for safe vaccination campaigns and the EU vaccines strategy is pharmacovigilance. The basis for successful vaccination campaigns is citizens’ trust. Trust requires science, clarity and coherence. Let’s ensure that we provide this to our citizens.”

Following a request by the commission for further investigation of the vaccine’s risk profile, the EMA said on Friday that its benefits outweighed the risks for all ages, and that the benefits increased with age and the level of infection.

The EMA declined to update the number of cases of blood clots linked to low platelets in people given the jab, saying it wanted to step away from a regular count.

Instead it has published a series of graphs demonstrating the risk of hospitalisation, intensive care admission or death from Covid against the risk of blood clots for different age groups in low, medium and high infection rate settings.

In the youngest age groups – 20-29 and 30-39 – where infection rates are low, the risks of blood clots is higher than the risk of intensive care and death. But those people are still at higher risk of hospital admission.

“For all age group categories, benefits occur in some scenarios,” said Dr Peter Arlett, the EMA’s head of pharmacovigilance. He stressed that the “favourable effects of vaccination compared with the very rare effects of blood clots increase with age and infection rate”.

It would be up to member states to decide whether to introduce age restrictions on the use of the vaccine. The UK has opted to allow anyone under the age of 30 to choose to have an alternative to the AstraZeneca jab.

The EMA does not yet have enough data on the gender of those suffering blood clots with low platelets, officials said. That is still being collected in some countries.

I dont entirely disagree with you in the political points at all.

i think masks, covid and vaccines are totally seperate from it and not part of any conspiracy though. Most of it is just good sense.

The experimental jab... I fail to understand why people in good health are having the jab when it doesn’t reduce transmission? So why have it? We don’t hear about the hundreds that MAY of had it and survived. That’s not news.

I’m no theorist, but from the beginning some things just haven’t added up, still don’t.

I reserve judgement until autumn/winter this year, Let’s see if things ramp up again. Already mutters of a 3rd wave from ‘the scientists’

Let’s see what happens.

Last edited:
My wife has had notification today to book her second jab, she's saying no, unless/ until we have a 3rd wave. One of my daughters (30yo) is a NHS PPE coordinator and has had her second pfizer jab (no choice I guess), but reports most of her friends arent going anyway near a (covid jab) needle.

So guess what, i heard a report today that this whole time it actually has been the 5g.

They r recommending that in addition to masks to control the spread, you should also wrap your heads in tinfoil and remove any metal fillings to avoid catching it in the first place.

(Just a friendly reminder of how too little info and too much fear can snowball out of conrol)

Last edited:
The experimental jab... I fail to understand why people in good health are having the jab when it doesn’t reduce transmission? So why have it? We don’t hear about the hundreds that MAY of had it and survived. That’s not news.

I’m no theorist, but from the beginning some things just haven’t added up, still don’t.

I reserve judgement until autumn/winter this year, Let’s see if things ramp up again. Already mutters of a 3rd wave from ‘the scientists’

Let’s see what happens.
Because the odds of surviving Covid having been vaccinated considerably improve.
In the uk the death rate is approximately 5% from Covid and the percentage from dying from an extremely rare blood clot caused by a vaccine is miniscule.

Let’s see what happens.

Because the odds of surviving Covid having been vaccinated considerably improve.
In the uk the death rate is approximately 5% from Covid and the percentage from dying from an extremely rare blood clot caused by a vaccine is miniscule.

Just to expound, and this is not an attack, but because apparently ppl need a reminder....we dont care about the young healthy ppl getting it, we care about the other 75% of the population that by you not getting vaccinated you continue to endanger, like half the ppl on this forum.

And we dont know if it stops transmission. But u know what, at some point u have to just do the best u can.

(And they r learning now that 'asymptomatic' may not really be asymptomatic inside u, and because it ran so rampant for so long, it is now getting better and better infecting younger n younger ppl)

Thats why

remove any metal fillings to avoid catching it in the first place.

I'd have nothing left in my mouth, I'm a product of the UK drill and fill culture, something that was rampant in the 70s and 80s.

My wife has had notification today to book her second jab, she's saying no, unless/ until we have a 3rd wave. One of my daughters (30yo) is a NHS PPE coordinator and has had her second pfizer jab (no choice I guess), but reports most of her friends arent going anyway near a (covid jab) needle.

wonder why? Interestingly, Why was big pharma granted immunity from prosecution. Do people ACTUALLY know the ingredients of what is being injected into them, I suspect many don’t.
Just to expound, and this is not an attack, but because apparently ppl need a reminder....we dont care about the young healthy ppl getting it, we care about the other 75% of the population that by you not getting vaccinated you continue to endanger, like half the ppl on this forum.

And we dont know if it stops transmission. But u know what, at some point u have to just do the best u can.

(And they r learning now that 'asymptomatic' may not really be asymptomatic inside u, and because it ran so rampant for so long, it is now getting better and better infecting younger n younger ppl)

Thats why

So to clarify, we don’t know, vaccinated or not if it stops transmission, so those who received the vaccine pose as much threat as those or who haven’t? So to take an irreversible vaccine then on the off chance it may reduce transmission to ‘protect others’ makes no conscious sense whatsoever.

Enjoy the day.

I'm pro vaccine leaning, despite the problems. The issues for me are more and more jabs, first it was one jab, now it's two, then yearly boosters plus additional rejigged vaccines (due to variants). Then the other day Boris announces intentions for new antiviral drugs for everyone, by the start winter. Hence, we will be expected to pill pop new, hastily developed and approved experimental drugs :hmm:

My racing days are over, I might be ok with imbibing all these new drugs, but if I was young and fit, well, that is a different matter.

I'm pro vaccine leaning, despite the problems. The issues for me are more and more jabs, first it was one jab, now it's two, then yearly boosters plus additional rejigged vaccines (due to variants). Then the other day Boris announces intentions for new antiviral drugs for everyone, by the start winter. Hence, we will be expected to pill pop new, hastily developed and approved experimental drugs :hmm:

My racing days are over, I might be ok with imbibing all these new drugs, but if I was young and fit, well, that is a different matter.
I am MUCH more or board with anti-virals than a yearly covid vaccine, which i have been saying from the beginning will probably b the most likely scenario.

It also may be something i put up with maybe once or twice, just to make sure my immune system gets the whole update, but after that ill probably just leave it to chance, unless it becomes more deadly

Back
Top Bottom