What's new

Western Warnings Tarnish Covid Vaccines the World Badly Needs

I am MUCH more or board with anti-virals than a yearly covid vaccine, which i have been saying from the beginning will probably b the most likely scenario.

It also may be something i put up with maybe once or twice, just to make sure my immune system gets the whole update, but after that ill probably just leave it to chance, unless it becomes more deadly

I don't really like the vaccine at all, just as I don't like the dentist or root canal work, it's a necessary evil. Broadly, a lesser evil (for most), than covid, it's Hobson's choice.

I don't really like the vaccine at all, just as I don't like the dentist or root canal work, it's a necessary evil. Broadly, a lesser evil (for most), than covid, it's Hobson's choice.
Well, yes and no, u having a cavity cant give it to 10 ppl in a store and statistically probably kill 1 of em (or 1/2 of the person)
And then infect like 3 or 4 more with some variant of a disease that causes inflammation of all your body innards with sometimes very little outward symptoms)

What we REALLY need to do is stop arguing about it and just give it to the rest of the world that doesnt have medical care.

After over a year if they dont have the staff and equipment at hospitals, its not the government that needs to be held accountable qnymore.

(Well, here where its hospitals for profit anyway. Maybe not in your country)

Last edited:
The experimental jab... I fail to understand why people in good health are having the jab when it doesn’t reduce transmission? So why have it? We don’t hear about the hundreds that MAY of had it and survived. That’s not news.

I’m no theorist, but from the beginning some things just haven’t added up, still don’t.

I reserve judgement until autumn/winter this year, Let’s see if things ramp up again. Already mutters of a 3rd wave from ‘the scientists’

Let’s see what happens.
You say you are not a theorist - and i believe you.

however this compounds the whole reason i think that theorists in this case need jumping on quicker.

you may niot be a theorist, but your distrust of the vaccines and or lockdowns wether you believe it or not has filtered down from the theorists, being watered down to socially acceptable levels before infecting the common sense of a lot of normal people.

im bored of fighting it with people tbh

The experimental jab... I fail to understand why people in good health are having the jab when it doesn’t reduce transmission? So why have it? We don’t hear about the hundreds that MAY of had it and survived. That’s not news.

I’m no theorist, but from the beginning some things just haven’t added up, still don’t.

I reserve judgement until autumn/winter this year, Let’s see if things ramp up again. Already mutters of a 3rd wave from ‘the scientists’

Let’s see what happens.
I'm interested as to why you seem so sure that the vaccines don't reduce transmission? My understanding is that all the vaccine manufacturers think that it does reduce the viral load, and therefore transmission ............. but it's too early for them to quantify and they are still testing?

From the AZ website:

The analysis also showed the potential for the vaccine to reduce asymptomatic transmission of the virus, based on weekly swabs obtained from volunteers in the UK trial. The data showed that PCR positive readings were reduced by 67% (CI: 49%, 78%) after a single dose, and 50% (CI: 38% to 59%) after the two dose regimen, supporting a substantial impact on transmission of the virus.
https://www.astrazeneca.com/media-c...the-primary-analysis-of-phase-iii-trials.html

I'm interested as to why you seem so sure that the vaccines don't reduce transmission? My understanding is that all the vaccine manufacturers think that it does reduce the viral load, and therefore transmission ............. but it's too early for them to quantify and they are still testing?

From the AZ website:

The analysis also showed the potential for the vaccine to reduce asymptomatic transmission of the virus, based on weekly swabs obtained from volunteers in the UK trial. The data showed that PCR positive readings were reduced by 67% (CI: 49%, 78%) after a single dose, and 50% (CI: 38% to 59%) after the two dose regimen, supporting a substantial impact on transmission of the virus.
https://www.astrazeneca.com/media-c...the-primary-analysis-of-phase-iii-trials.html
Only just caught up with the last couple of pages of this thread but was just about to post exactly that. The vaccines absolutely reduce transmission.

Last edited:
I'm pro vaccine leaning, despite the problems. The issues for me are more and more jabs, first it was one jab, now it's two, then yearly boosters plus additional rejigged vaccines (due to variants). Then the other day Boris announces intentions for new antiviral drugs for everyone, by the start winter. Hence, we will be expected to pill pop new, hastily developed and approved experimental drugs :hmm:

My racing days are over, I might be ok with imbibing all these new drugs, but if I was young and fit, well, that is a different matter.

I'm with you there. I'll grudgingly get both doses due to the very obvious circumstances but as for boosters, unless there's a variant that's running rampant, I'd pass just like I pass on the annual flu jab. I certainly won't be getting yearly boosters. But IMHO that's an entirely different kettle of fish compared to initial vaccination.

Back
Top Bottom