What's new

What did you order today?

Interesting, I picked up a Thelema mini last week, which pretty much only fits a 22mm deck, when I was mooching in a shop and got the new Wasp Nano to put on it, but a DR Solo would fit just as well, maybe I'll try one out.

I think you're right about the small chamber, a lot of the larger RDAs and tanks that I use most (i.e. didn't become ornaments after a short while !) have a small chamber either by metal inserts like the chimney in the Zeus tank (one of my favourite RTAs) or the profile mesh tank; and the not-sure-what-material cap thing in the Recurve that cossets the coil very closely within the larger body - it even has 2 different inserts for single and dual and it's a dashed nice tasting deck.

Now I think of it, it seemed almost all RDAs started having a curved inner top a few years ago; older models like my previously beloved Aequitas, Drop and Limitless have much sharper corners there and I don't seem to use any of those any more, guess the extra metal is good for airflow and cooling too.

It's interesting you mentioning cooling.

In the DR Solo I have deliberately gone for a slightly bigger diameter 3.5mm coil. The idea being that the more liquid that gets delivered to the coil, along with a good amount of airflow in a very confined space all combine to prevent allowing the coil to ever get too hot and cook the juice on the coil. Also bringing the aluminium side walls closer to the coil is probably also helping to conduct the excess heat away faster. I tried using TC mode but that never really worked that well, even on a DNA250C mod. This setup with the Solo just seems to produce a perfect amount of vapour without overheating the build and building up too much gunk.

Can't remember the last time i used a RDA, i seem to think it was the Drop i used last. I found it to be quite good and seemed quite popular for a while, not heard mention of it for quite some time.

It's interesting you mentioning cooling.

In the DR Solo I have deliberately gone for a slightly bigger diameter 3.5mm coil. The idea being that the more liquid that gets delivered to the coil, along with a good amount of airflow in a very confined space all combine to prevent allowing the coil to ever get too hot and cook the juice on the coil. Also bringing the aluminium side walls closer to the coil is probably also helping to conduct the excess heat away faster. I tried using TC mode but that never really worked that well, even on a DNA250C mod. This setup with the Solo just seems to produce a perfect amount of vapour without overheating the build and building up too much gunk.
I did mean to try out building some larger diameter coils and got a new tool with larger rods than 3mm before I packed all my stuff up a couple of years ago, both my Recurves have a 5mm single coil in (it comes with a 5mm Ni80 fused clapton in the box) and yep, I bet you're right about more liquid being immediately available in the core of the wick helping - very good RDA that, just wish it didn't have the concave sides, just looks wrong on every mod !

Same here with TC... and as you say, even with a 'serious' mod like my Odin DNA250 and others that are supposed to be very good with TC like Lost Vape - it's either too cool for my liking or too hot, so I turn the temp down and it's too cool again, whether with coils or mesh, steel or Kanthal, bought in mesh strips or steel cut from a reel - the sweet spot in the middle always seems to be missing !

Since I'm digging out all my old kit recently, yesterday I set up the big Aromatizer V3 monster that's been sitting on a shelf for a couple of years, plonked in a mesh thinking I'd have a go at TC again on the DNA Odin - the only mod I have that fits the Aromatizer without overhang ! - scorched the bloomin cotton - so put my Zeus on it with a pair of beefy juggernauts in watts mode.

Similar with the VPC modes with the user-defined curve of power over time, again, something I play with occasionally but always go back to watts, I find that I unconsciously lift and press during a pull and that seems to be far better than the machine deciding or me trying to predict in advance.

1709846348932.png

Small Order From Everything Eliquid.

500ml Fairy Liquid and 2 Shortfills to get Free Delivery.

iLsTqXgh.png

Back
Top Bottom