What's new

Which wire?

Jabz

Postman
So, Im quite a newb to building, never felt the want or need to at all, Always just bought replacement coils for my tanks. But I think its finally time to start. I really like the look of the Goblin mini, and also want a dripper for the convinience of trying juice without having to fill up a tank & for flavour. Most likely will be getting a Derringer clone & also want to start making use of the rebuildable atty that came with my subtank.

The Goblin & Derringer are both in my cart, Along with a coilmaster jig an Ohm meter & a UD 'Clapton' coil reel, but I obviously wont be using that until im up to scratch with building with standard Kanthal A1. Cotton wise, Muji seems to be the popular choice so the one to go for right? So for the question.

What AWG wire would I want to buy for achieving a dual 0.3/0.5 ohm build? & Also any thing else I should be buying? Have been watching videos but they bore me to death, I find reading better to learn from rather than watching videos, Googling does brings up a vast amount of information but some of it is very old and outdated & generally overwhelming. Any help would be much appreciated, Thanks in advance!

Get muji from the muji website, £2.... Elsewhere get ripped off...

Dual builds half the resistance.
Ie 2x1ohm coils = 0.5 build
Chart here sumwhere...

Attachments

• 1441586539023.jpg
    1441586539023.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 86
  • 1441586583128.jpg
    1441586583128.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 75
  • 1441586617530.jpg
    1441586617530.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 82
  • 1441586629940.jpg
    1441586629940.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 66
So, Im quite a newb to building, never felt the want or need to at all, Always just bought replacement coils for my tanks. But I think its finally time to start. I really like the look of the Goblin mini, and also want a dripper for the convinience of trying juice without having to fill up a tank & for flavour. Most likely will be getting a Derringer clone & also want to start making use of the rebuildable atty that came with my subtank.

The Goblin & Derringer are both in my cart, Along with a coilmaster jig an Ohm meter & a UD 'Clapton' coil reel, but I obviously wont be using that until im up to scratch with building with standard Kanthal A1. Cotton wise, Muji seems to be the popular choice so the one to go for right? So for the question.

What AWG wire would I want to buy for achieving a dual 0.3/0.5 ohm build? & Also any thing else I should be buying? Have been watching videos but they bore me to death, I find reading better to learn from rather than watching videos, Googling does brings up a vast amount of information but some of it is very old and outdated & generally overwhelming. Any help would be much appreciated, Thanks in advance!

MUJI Online - Welcome to the MUJI Online Store.

Coil wrapping | Steam Engine | free vaping calculators

Coil Toy - Online calculator for e-cigarette resistance coil building

Vaping Wire

Always remember. If you're dualling to have same number of wraps on both coils.

One 1.0 ohm coil will equate to 0.5 ohm in dual (2 coils)

Best of luck .

I find the UD clapton wire very easy to work with, well worth the money as it saves you a huge amount of time and frustration when beginning.
For simple easy coils try some 24, 26, 28 gauge. I use steam engine to get close. I'd start with single coils till you get your hand in.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom