What's new

Review Wismec Reuleaux RX300

VapeKingReviews

Initiate
The RX300 is the latest box mod to incorporate 4 x 18650 batteries outputting a whopping 300W of power. Selling for around £50-100 dependant on which model you buy, leather or carbon fibre and where you purchase it from, it truly is a bargain, making it near on impossible for the advanced vapers around to ignore.

Let’s have a look at the features of this beast.

• Design Collaboration by Wismec and Jay Bo Designs
  • Quad 18650 Battery – Batteries Not Included
  • Wattage Output Range: 1-300W
  • Minimum Atomizer Resistance: 0.05ohm
  • Temperature Range: 200-600F
  • Supports Ni200 Nickel, Titanium, and Stainless Steel Heating Elements
  • Ultra-Performance Wismec RX300 Chipset
  • Intuitive Large OLED Display
  • Superior Aluminum Construction
  • Soft Poly-Angular Frame
  • Two Battery Cover Option: Carbon Fiber or Leather
  • Changeable Stickers
  • Magnetized Battery Cover
  • Onboard Reverse Polarity Protection
  • Upgradeable Software
  • MicroUSB Port – Firmware Upgrades
  • Optional RC Adapter – Powerbank Capability
  • Spring-Loaded Stainless Steel 510 Connection
  • Available in Silver, Black

Included in the box you get:

• 1 x Reuleaux RX300 Mod
  • 2 x brown leather effect stickers
  • 1 x USB cable
  • 1 x user manual
The new larger shape is a lot ‘squarer’ and heavier in comparison to the previous triangular shaped RX200 & RX200s. Personally, this fits well in my hand despite its size and is rather comfortable, but I can see a fair few obstacles for the vapers with hands that aren’t that big. Getting used to its sheer weight in comparison to my other mods is something I haven’t quite gotten used to yet. I only use this indoors as it is far too big and heavy to just carry around with me in work or on a day to day basis.

The front of the mod has a nice simple design which incorporates the Jaybo logo on the large fire button sitting at the top of the front side. A large rectangular oLED display sits directly below the fire button with the two adjustment buttons side by side and a USB port just below. A nice crystal clear display matched with great fire button and adjustment buttons, all made to high specification. Finally, off each side there are 3 slot vents to enhance the air circulation within the mod.

The battery cover on the RX300 is magnetised to ensure it stays closed along with a little latch, and is large enough and sturdy enough to house the 4 x 18650 batteries without any worry the cover will swing open. Again, more vents here on each side of the cover for additional air circulation.

The 0.93″ oLED display on the RX300 is the same display as on all Reuleaux models which displays all the relevant information you need to see, with four individual icons for each battery to make you aware of their charge state. I had problems with one of my batteries not fully charging and found it difficult to identify which battery on the display was which inside, but after swapping batteries around a little I managed to work it out. With all mods, it is reccomended you use a full matching set of batteries and charge them with an external charger.

The biggest new feature of the RX300 would have to be the power bank that is available for this mod. The power bank allows you to charge you phone or tablet. In my eyes, the feature itself is kind of pointless because you could easily buy yourself an external USB charger which would have a higher mAh rate, and you wouldn’t waste the charge in your mod batteries, but each to their own.

The top of the RX300 has the stainless steel 510 connector with a spring loaded centre pin, which will accept almost any atomiser. I like how the centre pin is set back enough to allow for atomisers of up to 25mm to sit on top without any overhang on the front of the mod. I personally would have the 510 connector a bit further into the centre of the unit to accommodate for atomisers that are bigger than 25mm. The usual Reuleaux logo is laser engraved on top along with the RX300 branding.

As stated above, the RX300 is available in black or silver as standard with the carbon fibre versions also being available in the same colours. I’d personally would have liked to see the red/black option that is available on the RX200s, and maybe other colours instead of being limited to the black or silver. I imagine they could be something that Wismec may release within the coming months.

I’ve spent the last 7/8 weeks using the RX300 and put it through its paces using a variety of tanks and drippers. As I said above, I’m really impressed with the mod and can’t find many faults. The main problem I have with is just the sheer weight and size of the mod itself and then paired with a tank, it just feels so bulky and definitely wouldn’t be able to use this for every day use whilst out and about. I’ve come to accept the weight and size of the mod over the past weeks and got used to it but I imagine not everybody would be able to.

The performance has never let me down, the sheer power and cloud production are second to none when paired with my Limitless Classic RDTA. I must set the smoke alarm off in my apartment at least 3 or 4 times a day when I’m not even vaping anywhere near the smoke alarms. I now have to use the extractor hood on my oven to take away some of the vape to TRY and stop the alarm from being set off.
In summary, this is definitely not for beginners or anybody that wouldn’t be able to get on board with the weight and size of it. I can’t think of many people, if any at all, that would use the 300W available so this is just overkill on Wismecs behalf. This mod has fantastic features that are consistent each time of using them, no misfires and no problems and paired with amazing specifications. If you’re a fan of the Reuleaux series of mods, have at least 2 sets of 4 married batteries and the patience to get used to the size and weight then this is for you.

Overal Rating: 9/10 – 1 point docked for the size and weight.

Nothing docked for the fact that "The biggest new feature" is "kind of pointless"?

Nothing docked for the fact that "The biggest new feature" is "kind of pointless"?
I don't see it as a problem to dock a point really as it's an additional extra that you buy, if you want it. I see it as a pointless addition as there really isn't a need for it and it isn't related to vaping so I think it'd be unfair to reduce the rating because of that.

fair enough, I thought it was fair review ... but it doesn't stack up to a 9/10 for me. :beerchug

If this is anything like my RX200s then it's probably a good one. I've had a play and it's not for me sadly, but not due to its weight, rather the form factor. I found the Maxo felt better to handle, though I'd say both these are more suitable for the coffee table, rather than lugged far (like the old huge table ciggy lighters). Handy for some serious cloud chucking :)

Hello!,

Thanks for the review. I had a few questions as I'm working on my own review for it, did you not dock any points for the 510 pin? not only does mine randomly throw up check atomizers with my TFV12, i checked the 510 pin and it's pretty poorly designed (i can post picks if needed) I still have to do my tech testing on the mod personally before i can have a good opinion up to my standards but overall I'm not impressed so far.

Back
Top Bottom