What's new

worried about the Popcorn Lung diacetyl rumour (please read)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello there fellows, how are you guys :D

Well you don't know that because I never told it here, but I do work on the medical field, and I understand a bit on the investigation on long term effects of Drugs/substances and their impact on the human being.
In the case of the popcorn lung comming from dyacetil well, that is a totally unfunded story, without any scientific proof attached to it, what I mean is in other words, there is no evident or consistent proof that links the Dyacetil inhalation to the effect/risk of contracting popcorn lung disease. Where do I base my conclusion from ? Simple grab a cigar any cigar we can easily get the constitution of the components needed and present on the processing of the tabacco until the final product CIGAR is present for human consumption, one of those components among 2000+ substances capable of harming the human body is the DYACETIL.

Right so In all story life of human kind has in contact with the CIGAR there is NONE, not even one isolated case of popcorn lung reported, and further more there is NO, NONE importance given to the presence of this component they call Dyacetil.

Now comparing combustion to vaping, the first thing that stands out is, temperature vaping temps are way lower than combustion, does this high temperature affect the molecular structure of this dyacetil? I DON'T KNOW!!! WHY? they don't care about it.

This leads me to draw a conclusion, Dyacetil is nothing other than a good escape goat for the anti vape society, and for the pro tabacco companies that FINANCIALLY benefit from humans consuming tabacco products.

What you guys need to understand is that VAPING is now threatening the giants tabacco industry, and when it involves big lobbys like tabbaco companies they will find all lies to deter people from adhering to stuff other then TABACCO.

Well I could go on and on about this, but I have patients waiting for me :P

speak soon friends.

Ps - VIC mentions a few documents that are worth a read boring stuff but worth a read for the most concerned and uninformed ones.
PEACE

6AF282AF-AA62-490A-B82D-4DDEB917FE9F-12434-000002DB820CC9B4.jpeg

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Yes sadly, cancer.

She said 'Escape Goat' though, that's the only reason..... wasn't trying to be a arsehole about dead people.

Ah ok. I wasn’t trying to imply that you were, was actually wondering if I’d made a mistake. For years I was convinced Ronnie Barker had died when he hadn’t.

Ah ok. I wasn’t trying to imply that you were, was actually wondering if I’d made a mistake. For years I was convinced Ronnie Barker had died when he hadn’t.

Yeah, she was only in her mid 20's I think.

It's a sad tale really, the way the media and the public treated her was pretty weird. It reminds me of social media these days.

Thanks for this...I was vaping 8 years ago for a couple of years, but went back the fags...gave them up 18 months ago and started vaping again. I was a little concerned by this "popcorn lung " thing, but figured, vaping was and is, better than smoking, even with the " popcorn lung " risk...which actually isn't a risk at all.

Thanks for this...I was vaping 8 years ago for a couple of years, but went back the fags...gave them up 18 months ago and started vaping again. I was a little concerned by this "popcorn lung " thing, but figured, vaping was and is, better than smoking, even with the " popcorn lung " risk...which actually isn't a risk at all.
im still getting asked about this monthly from new vapers. its just a shame that all the shite of old posts from the papers and on facebook could be deleted to stop all the scaremongering which was proved over 2 years ago to be total bollox.

Been vaping for a bit more than a month (haven't smoked since), last night the missus mentioned popcorn lung... Worse part is that she works in health care.
Obviously there is a lot of bad press still going around.

Been vaping for a bit more than a month (haven't smoked since), last night the missus mentioned popcorn lung... Worse part is that she works in health care.
Obviously there is a lot of bad press still going around.
Same. I work in a hospital and this is still brought up by staff and patients.
Worst part for us is we still have to breath in second hand smoke at the one and only smoking shelter.

Same. I work in a hospital and this is still brought up by staff and patients.
Worst part for us is we still have to breath in second hand smoke at the one and only smoking shelter.

I bet you do! I had to send her the post from the gov blog about the vaping myths this morning because she didn't actually believe what I said!
I do agree with you, it just stinks so much that it disgusts me sometimes.
It's not so bad where I work as not much people smoke but there are few vapers now :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom