What's new

Wraps & Skins

CzesiuB

Postman
I love the Lost Vape mods (happy owner of Therion 75C, 75C BF, Triade 250C, Drone 250C, paranormal 250C).
In general, I love the replaceable covers/battery doors with the one exception: Drone 250C.
To be honest: I've replaced the original plastic flimsy doors with the metal from the older Drone 200, and it's fine (as long as you like the Ford-T choice: you can have whatever colour you wany as long as it is black).
In 2019 I've put on it the skin wrap from zapwrapz. It is perfect, but after a few years of use it looks now like the alligator's ass.
I have been looking for replacement, but their website seem to be parked domain (company is busted, perhaps??).
Do you know any alternative which would be on the market still providing the adhesive stickers for the mods?

Any hint would be appreciated.

If you are handy with a craft knife, Redbubble do a HUGE range of vinyl stickers that could be used. You’d have to be careful to choose a design that would “fit” as you can only select the small size (as the most appropriate size) which would likely be oversized for a mod and you’d lose some of the image in trimming it.
I recently ordered a few for another project so can’t comment on them at the moment as they are yet to arrive.
Redbubble is a marketplace for other people’s work - you order through them but it comes from the artist, who may be anywhere in the world!

Have you used Redbubble yourself?
I put an order in last night which, they say, will be here before Christmas. I can’t see it myself - One item appears to come from an artist in the UK; the remaining 3 come from artists in Rome, Iceland and Vietnam!
Mind you, they didn’t say which Christmas lol

Have you used Redbubble yourself?
I put an order in last night which, they say, will be here before Christmas. I can’t see it myself - One item appears to come from an artist in the UK; the remaining 3 come from artists in Rome, Iceland and Vietnam!
Mind you, they didn’t say which Christmas lol
I haven’t no. But I’ll look now you’ve mentioned them.

I’ve just bought a Sx Mini VI, in a not altogether fetching purple pink.
I noticed the colour is actually a sticker. So, once I’ve chosen some vinyl, I’ll be stripping and redressing, that.
I’m also toying with wrapping my Gaggia Classic and Niche grinder too.
I’ve had a little practice, and it’s not as easy as it looks. Especially with larger or curved surfaces. But a small mod, isn’t so daunting. And I’ve already got all the tools.

I had a quick look on the site but couldn’t seem to find the vinyl sheets/wraps. Are they under a different section?

I had a quick look on the site but couldn’t seem to find the vinyl sheets/wraps. Are they under a different section?
All (most of?) the art can be had in a number of different formats - t-shirts, posters, phone covers, dog beds (!) etc and …. stickers. If you select stickers it will then show you what is available based of your search criteria. Stickers come in 3 sizes and either glossy, matte or transparent. I found that you could put almost anything into the search and it would give you a good selection of results.
It’s one of those sites where they almost have too much to choose from.

Just gone back on the site (from mobile) - Click on menu and “stickers” is second option. From there, use search to um… search for whatever you want. When you view the potential item, it gives an option for size (& the actual measurement), finish (gloss, matte, transparent). It’ll show you the image on a water bottle to give you an idea of what it could look like.
HTH

I haven’t no. But I’ll look now you’ve mentioned them.

I’ve just bought a Sx Mini VI, in a not altogether fetching purple pink.
I noticed the colour is actually a sticker. So, once I’ve chosen some vinyl, I’ll be stripping and redressing, that.
I’m also toying with wrapping my Gaggia Classic and Niche grinder too.
I’ve had a little practice, and it’s not as easy as it looks. Especially with larger or curved surfaces. But a small mod, isn’t so daunting. And I’ve already got all the tools.

It's black underneath I just left the wrap on as it looked very fetching lol

It's black underneath I just left the wrap on as it looked very fetching lol
You, noticed that too.
I really like the VI, so far anyway. It’s a great size and weight. So it’ll be getting a bit of outdoors use.
My first thought was a simple black carbon fibre wrap. Looking at Redbubble I can’t find a design that would wrap, and still look like the original. So that may be what happens. A decent wrap will come off and leave not trace. So if I don’t like it, I’ll try another.
Though I need a BP Mods dot RBA, first , I’m thinking.

Back
Top Bottom