What's new

Newbie - First Ecig Advice

@MrDJ ^^^ Do you get lots of flavour from the crown 2 or is it just an undertone? Maybe it's the juice i'm using :S

I just received mine - see here https://www.planetofthevapes.co.uk/...s/anybody-used-the-ipv6x.116074/#post-1268115

I can't fault the flavour, it's the best I've had in any of my tanks (Nautilus, Cubis, Triton 2, Zeph 2) BUT I have found for around 6 months that there are very few flavours that I can actually taste. I always run a tank of B Bomb by General's Juices to clear my palette when the taste starts to go.

Just wanted to say congrats @dragonbreath - read thru the whole thread and you're doing so well! I've not been vaping long and spent the last 3 weeks or so suffering from no flavour from my juices, spent a few days cleaning my teeth like 5 times a day following with mouthwash every time, and drinking shedloads of water...I'm peeing like a champ but yay my vapey taste senses appear to be returning! Also you gotta remember that you smoked a helluva lot before - your tastebuds, PH of your mouth, your sense of smell..they may just need time to reset and recover a bit. Soon the bloodflow to all those mucous membranes that are instrumental in tasting stuff is gonna recover and I'm sure your juices will taste all the better. Hang in there :)

plenty of flavor for me. its all down to the juice you are using.
in the crown 2 at the moment ive got ethos crispy treats but also use milk mole by mole juice, pancake man, french dude all at 50-55watts.
also had lots of other custards and fruits and they all have decent flavor.
When using the rafale coils am I meant to swap the bottom connector? Take the bottom connector off the crown coil and put it on the rafale ?

I don't but ive read some do.
tastes as good just leaving the rafale coil as it is.

Hey all, I hope you don't mind me butting in here for a question. I recently got hold of the smok h priv/crown II combo as I am trying to get the other half off the evil tobacco. Maybe we are not using it right (we have done some research so am quite sure all the settings are correct) but it just seems to hot to inhale. Is it worth me trying the 0.8 coils and will they be any cooler? Thanks for any advice. :)

It depends on what coils you are using now.

The heat comes from the watts you are using - EG vaping at 40w will be cooler than vaping at 80w. Generally (but not always) you use lower watts on a coil with higher resistance (a higher number) - the range of watts you should use is stamped on the coil.

Generally though people stopping cigs want a cooler vape with a tighter draw as it is more like smoking. A crown is not best at this, most people buy a MTL tank like a Nautilus which will use a 1.8 coil at around 12 w.

This thread is the exception, and as you can see from the 10 pages of posts it's not an easy transition to go for such an advanced / high powered kit as your first ecig!

first things first ............... well done on the avatar:D

secondly if youve found the flavour has suddenly dropped away could be the dreaded vapers tongue...... most of us struggle with it early on. There are a number of solutions..... vape something mentholy, try drinking strong coffee alongside your vape, or try some mouthwash. Decent juice should have plenty of flavour and its what we are all after but as with everything its all subjective

oh and thirdly ................................. FTM;)
A fellow black cat?
Great third point! Hope they are enjoying their time in the Championship :D

Hey all, I hope you don't mind me butting in here for a question. I recently got hold of the smok h priv/crown II combo as I am trying to get the other half off the evil tobacco. Maybe we are not using it right (we have done some research so am quite sure all the settings are correct) but it just seems to hot to inhale. Is it worth me trying the 0.8 coils and will they be any cooler? Thanks for any advice. :)
hope you come back to read the reply @scarymonster

firstly what wattage are you using and with which coil. for the crown 2 these are the recommended wattage for each coil (oh and another thing, make sure it is set to wattage/power mode and NOT TC temperature control mode. also be handy to know what juice you are using at the ratio vg/pg

0.8 = 35-55w

0.5 = 50-80w

0.25 = 60-100w

A fellow black cat?
Great third point! Hope they are enjoying their time in the Championship :D
aye those first two results put a severe dent in the rafulation....... Mind given our current situation I may be in a glass house throwing stones. We desperately need some players through the door and the owner is keeping the purse strings tight but lets see how things stand come sept 1st........ Mind one thing will always be certain...... we'll always have a lot more class than that lot up the road.... no horse punching...... no mock funerals

I don't but ive read some do.
tastes as good just leaving the rafale coil as it is.
I popped to my brothers shop earlier today with some of my e liquids and tried them in numerous tanks and still very little flavour, I think it must be the liquid or maybe vapers tongue, as was mentioned.
Are there any threads on the forum for strong (full flavoured) e liquids?

Back
Top Bottom