What's new

vendor of the month...some changes needed.....

MrTeaTime

Legend
Im reading through the pages and posts for vendor of the month, and personally, im a tiny bit sad :(

We have some fantastic vendors here, and they deserve a little bit more recognition....and its not much to ask is it?

We're in danger of making the award irrelevant, and that makes me sad :(

We have tens of thousands of members on here and we only have less then 60 votes?

So what shall we do? I do have a few ideas myself, but would love to hear from you for some suggestions......

This is YOUR forum and these are YOUR AWARDS

I only use the iOS app, which doesn't have a way of voting. Is it at all possible to find a way of being able to vote using the app? (@junglist, @OccultScientist)

You have to click the '...' top corner and use web view bud

Agreed on both counts. I use the app 90% of the time and the inability to vote using that I think had a direct impact. (I voted! [emoji16]).

I know it's a pain in the posterior for @junglist and @OccultScientist but I think that'd see a big spike in votes. When you click web view if you never use the web version, or haven't for a while, you get bombarded by lots of notifications dating back to the last time you used that version of it. The app is just more convenient for most.

Either that or simplify it and run it like you would a competition 'names on a list' jobbie but add numbers. So it'd start off with a list of nominees:
1. Dripworx
2. PfVapes
3. Chuffstuff

Etc
Then the next person would have to copy the list in its entirety but add their vote:
1. Dripworx. 1
2. PfVapes
3. Chuffstuff

Then a few votes in it may look like this:

1.Dripworx 4
2.Pfvapes 3
3.Chuffstuff 5

Make sense? That'd skirt around the need to make (possibly) costly software upgrades. The idea being that every next person on the list just amends the number of the vendor they're voting for.

totally agree.
I bumped it enough times to keep it at the top but as said tapatalk (whatever that is) and the app are a different kettle of fish.
also august is always quieter as a lot are on holiday.

I only use the iOS app, which doesn't have a way of voting. Is it at all possible to find a way of being able to vote using the app? (@junglist, @OccultScientist)
Is it possible to get the ios app to work full stop... Notifications are nonexistent as soon as the app ungraded, which my iPad did on its own so now no notifications on either ios device... Using safari or chrome is a pain in the ass on a smart phone before someone suggests this route..

Is it possible to get the ios app to work full stop... Notifications are nonexistent as soon as the app ungraded, which my iPad did on its own so now no notifications on either ios device... Using safari or chrome is a pain in the ass on a smart phone before someone suggests this route..
Hey bud, the problem is that the app is run by a third party company (tapatalk) and while we can make suggestions to them it's not always the fastest thing in the world. Maybe we could look at creating our own app at some point but the expense and time to build/maintain it could be quite prohibitive...

Agreed on both counts. I use the app 90% of the time and the inability to vote using that I think had a direct impact. (I voted! [emoji16]).

I know it's a pain in the posterior for @junglist and @OccultScientist but I think that'd see a big spike in votes. When you click web view if you never use the web version, or haven't for a while, you get bombarded by lots of notifications dating back to the last time you used that version of it. The app is just more convenient for most.

Either that or simplify it and run it like you would a competition 'names on a list' jobbie but add numbers. So it'd start off with a list of nominees:
1. Dripworx
2. PfVapes
3. Chuffstuff

Etc
Then the next person would have to copy the list in its entirety but add their vote:
1. Dripworx. 1
2. PfVapes
3. Chuffstuff

Then a few votes in it may look like this:

1.Dripworx 4
2.Pfvapes 3
3.Chuffstuff 5

Make sense? That'd skirt around the need to make (possibly) costly software upgrades. The idea being that every next person on the list just amends the number of the vendor they're voting for.
Good in principal on a desk/lap top but to copy and paste on a smart phone is not the easiest , I can see this leading to fuckupville in no time....

Good in principal on a desk/lap top but to copy and paste on a smart phone is not the easiest , I can see this leading to fuckupville in no time....

True. Or then you could just manually type the name of the vendor your voting for and whoever is controlling the thread posts an updated list once a day or something?
So if Stealthvape had got 6 votes already I'd then just comment

Stealthvape 7.

Then all it involves is whoever is voting to read the votes registered after the last full list- which'll never be more than 24 hours.

But that's relying on people reading and following instructions [emoji15]

Edit: Scratch all that. It involves following instructions and maths. No chance.

Back
Top Bottom