What's new

RTA Coil - Sudden dry burned hits - Wick snapped in half?

Could environmental conditions have been a factor?

Don't know, it's been a bit hot here over the weekend though.

I have had it with a tank,tried and checked everything
Changes the juice and all was good again
It was a ridiculously sweet juice and I reckon it was the sweetener or sugar getting too hot and burning the cotton

It might just be that, like I said it's a very sweet candy floss flavour.

I'll have a mess around if it happens again and try to rule out the things I can actually change.

I think overly sweet juice might be the culprit. Maybe sweetener has formed crystals between the coil and wick, caused the dry hits, fucked the cotton and eventually snapped it in half. It could explain why the coil was a bit deformed as well.

Your clouding days are numbered, @StrawberryRipple !
For sure.
Im going round in an extremely large circle or is it flat :hmm:.
Ive spent four years MTL vaping boring tobacco/cig imitation flavours and straight menthol flavours before moving to DTL which is where ive been for the last two and half years and going back to MTL has been in the back of my mind for the last 3-4 months.
Might be tapping you up for some MTL juice making tips soon. :beerchug

Thanks guys I'll keep tabs on it over the next day or two and give you an update if it happens again.

I'll take some pictures of the scorched mess too.

But it's all good I'm rebuilt and back in flavour heaven again.

Everybody knows tobacco flavours taste nothing like fags. That’s the main reason we like them.

Everybody knows tobacco flavours taste nothing like fags. That’s the main reason we like them.

The only tobacco flavour I ever liked was the caramelized one.

Is it ry4? I'd like to try the real tobacco derived liquids I heard about on here today.

I've only ever tried the synthetic kind.

I much prefer the synthetic ones. I like a couple of the NETs but some of the ones I’ve tried tasted like munching a packet of golden virginia, seriously nasty to me. A lot of people love them though.

Aye there are a few good ry4s about. My favourite one is the standard flavour art one I think, simple and perfect. And an excellent base for adding other flavours.

The only tobacco flavour I ever liked was the caramelized one.

Is it ry4? I'd like to try the real tobacco derived liquids I heard about on here today.

I've only ever tried the synthetic kind.
Hummmm
Not sure i could do vape juice from NET tbh although never really thought about it.

Cheers for the thread @StevenC and everyone with the answers. Learning a lot! :)

So it sounds like your juice made toffee on your coil which snapped the wick! :D

Back
Top Bottom