What's new

New RTA user, help needed

Aidan_gb

Hello all,

New to this forum and new to RTA's.

So I recently bought a Voopoo drag 4 which came with a UforceL tank. Great piece of kit and the PnP TW.20 coils I'm using produce great clouds and flavour.

As I like playing with things I also bought a Hellvape Dead rabbit 3 RTA to try my hand at rebuildable atomisers. So far what I'm finding is that regardless of wire type or type of wicking cotton, the flavour just seems to be muted.
I've tried standard Clapton wire, multi stranded fused Clapton (both SS) and have just tried some kanthal tiger wire (all dual coil, coming at between 0.15 to 0.3 ohm) and am using cotton bacon as my wick. No issues with dry hits or flooding. Any pointers would be appreciated, it's the flavour I'm chasing most, or are pre made coils like the PnP range just better for flavour?

BTW I have tried both wattage and temp control with the SS wire, not noticing a great deal of difference. Also been adjusting wattage and airflow to try to dial it in

First port of call is to ditch the Cotton Bacon. Horrible stuff. Cotton Gods is my own go to but everyone has their own favourites. CB in my experience takes at least a tank or two before it starts settling in and even then it's still shite.

Ok, thanks for the suggestion. I also have a pack of Hellvape's organic cotton. What are people's experience with that, if any?

Back
Top Bottom