What's new

fully mechanical vs hybrid mechanical

silk186

Achiever
I'm wondering what is the difference between a full mech and hybrid mech (not sure if this is the right term). I know the later has safety features built in. What are the disadvantages and why would I want a mod without them?

a hybrid mech is a full mech, the atty has direct to battery contact

a standard mech will have a connection between your atty and battery like the 510 of a regulated mo, neither have any protection

you may be thinking of something that has a switchfet type design which does have a few safety features built in

A hybrid mech is where the Atty connects to the battery directly without a 510 pin so no safety features in fact they add a extra point to check for saftey [emoji6]

a hybrid mech is a full mech, the atty has direct to battery contact

a standard mech will have a connection between your atty and battery like the 510 of a regulated mo, neither have any protection

you may be thinking of something that has a switchfet type design which does have a few safety features built in

Theres also the "Chinese mech" which half the time arent mechs at all :)2

@Leni A hybrid should really be a mech & rda made for each other that actually fit together to make a complete device. Usually this'll mean the atty screws directly into the top of an open tube, or is actually part of the tube, but nowadays, rather lazily, any mech without it's own built-in atty contact is called a 'hybrid' and you may use whatever you fancy on top of it.

Last edited:
Are all unregulated mods mechs?
not really if I’m right n thinking a device that has a swichfet and the likes is in is own right unregulated it works like a mech but isn’t it has some safety features were as a mech is a box/tube that doesn’t have safety features its a simple electronic circuit that when you press the button it makes a contact then fires if that makes sense but unregulated mods should still be used and treated like mechs

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom