What's new

New RDA user struggling with flavour big time! Can you help..

Thanks. What sort of distance from coil to airflow would be a good target ?
That depends on how hard youre puffing it.
Too many variables.
Start with your juice - what is it now and what was it?
Vg/Pg ratios nic strength etc....

That depends on how hard youre puffing it.
Too many variables.
Start with your juice - what is it now and what was it?
Vg/Pg ratios nic strength etc....
My juice is organic 100% VG eliquid from Kind Juice.

I vape 12mg and it's the same stuff I used before and after. I know all the limitations of high / pure vg and it's impact on flavour. I've spent many months finding this stuff because it doesn't cause a reaction so unfortunately there is no option to change this. But it's very flavourful and top quality ingredients. Not the more subdued flavours you get with other VG juice.

However I don't think it can be just a VG issue as it tastes amazing on my tank and of nothing at all on my RDA.

My juice is organic 100% VG eliquid from Kind Juice.

I vape 12mg and it's the same stuff I used before and after. I know all the limitations of high / pure vg and it's impact on flavour. I've spent many months finding this stuff because it doesn't cause a reaction so unfortunately there is no option to change this. But it's very flavourful and top quality ingredients. Not the more subdued flavours you get with other VG juice.

However I don't think it can be just a VG issue as it tastes amazing on my tank and of nothing at all on my RDA.
High vg juice is notoriously fussy and tricky to get the flavour.
Add to that mtl rda's take some serious fussing to get right (worth it once you get there).
Keep experimenting with airflow, coil ohms, size, height and wattage and you should get there.

High vg juice is notoriously fussy and tricky to get the flavour.
Add to that mtl rda's take some serious fussing to get right (worth it once you get there).
Keep experimenting with airflow, coil ohms, size, height and wattage and you should get there.
Thanks. I've got to say I'm close to giving up which is a real shame. I've finished almost 5ml of expensive juice trying to get it right and it feels like I'm just not going to get it. You mention MTL RDA are notoriously difficult but are MTL RTA's any easier or the same issues? I had no idea how hard it was going to be.

Honestly ........ I love the Berserker MTL - I use the Mini all the time, great flavour ........ but I vape 50/50 PG/VG juice. I doubt very much that it will get you any flavour with a 100% VG juice, no matter what the build. It's the PG that carries the flavour, with 100VG you won't be producing enough vapour to get the flavour, just the clouds that the VG is so good for. :(

Honestly ........ I love the Berserker MTL - I use the Mini all the time, great flavour ........ but I vape 50/50 PG/VG juice. I doubt very much that it will get you any flavour with a 100% VG juice, no matter what the build. It's the PG that carries the flavour, with 100VG you won't be producing enough vapour to get the flavour, just the clouds that the VG is so good for. :(
That's such a shame [emoji21]

How comes I get such wonderful flavour with my normal tank with the same juice then? And do you think the same will be true of the Berserker RTA? I bought this at the same time but I'll return it if so, as it's still in the packaging

Appreciate everyone's input anyway. Shame I haven't been able to solve it. Loathed to give up as heard such good things about RDA's

@Saul Annett IMHO it's not the fact that it's an RDA that's the problem, it's that you have an MTL one ....... and MTL works best on higher PG juices as you get through a lot less of it. I'm an MTL vaper by choice, so can't suggest anything else, but I'm sure plenty on here can recommend a good RDA for 100% VG juice that will give you decent flavour. :)

And no idea why you're getting better flavour in your regular tank ...... :D

Back
Top Bottom