What's new

Some Help Picking The Right Tank & Mod Please

Missvapex

Postman
Hello all im new here and after some help, please go gentle my knowledge isn't great,

So I need some help picking a Mod and Tank please I want to get a more advanced setup

I am a MTL vaper
I use 70/30 juice that I mix myself fruity sweet ones
I vape like a train
I don't want to make my own coils
I really want one that I can vape high watts
I love big clouds

I love the look of the Skystar Revvo and Dynamo Mod Aspire

My past vapes are coolfire mini and now using the Zenith but having no luck with this finding im having to change the coil nearly every few days tried all 3 coils for it vaping within the recommended watts and primed well before hand

Thanks in advance :)

Hi @Missvapex and welcome to the planet.

this thread is worth bookmarking for future reference and you can find all our recommended hardware suppliers on post 5 POTV Vendors & Recommended E Liquid Suppliers

slight contradiction there so best to clear it up before loads start recommending various mods and kits.

your a mouth to lung vapour so i guess at low wattage. what strength nicotine are you using.
changing coils so often might be down to the thicker 70vg juice. i find 50/50 best for MTL tanks.

high watts and big clouds wont work in a mouth to lung tank as these are usually around 10-15watts.
for anything from the low 30watts to the average 50watts upto 200watts you will need a subohm tank which is a different way of vaping. a bit like a bong or a hookah pipe where you inhale directly into your lungs unlike MTL where you inhale into mouth and then take down to lungs just like smoking. subohm tanks give much greater flavour but use much more juice.

next question would be do you want a built in battery or a mod that takes 18650 batteries that you can change out when flat and recharge externally.

Hi @Missvapex and welcome to the planet.

this thread is worth bookmarking for future reference and you can find all our recommended hardware suppliers on post 5 POTV Vendors & Recommended E Liquid Suppliers

slight contradiction there so best to clear it up before loads start recommending various mods and kits.

your a mouth to lung vapour so i guess at low wattage. what strength nicotine are you using.
changing coils so often might be down to the thicker 70vg juice. i find 50/50 best for MTL tanks.

high watts and big clouds wont work in a mouth to lung tank as these are usually around 10-15watts.
for anything from the low 30watts to the average 50watts upto 200watts you will need a subohm tank which is a different way of vaping. a bit like a bong or a hookah pipe where you inhale directly into your lungs unlike MTL where you inhale into mouth and then take down to lungs just like smoking. subohm tanks give much greater flavour but use much more juice.

next question would be do you want a built in battery or a mod that takes 18650 batteries that you can change out when flat and recharge externally.
Hey thanks for your replay and welcome

Thanks for the link with have a good read of that

I guess in my early days of switching from smoking to vaping I tried direct lung vaping and found the MTL helped with the quit of smoking, but been vaping 2 years now so I guess its time to try subohm again I tried my friends a few times I found I can still kinda get that MTL hit from them

I vape 6mg strength and as for the batteries I don't have any preference

I just want a big cloud chasing vape that the coils last and I can continue my liquids that I mix up

Hello Missvapex, with 70/30 juice or liquid. You'd probably do better with a rebuildable MTL tank.

Could we ask what your budget is please?

And, might you consider an RTA?

Yeah, as above. The Revvo tank is anything but a MTL vape, its the most open airy DTL I've used.

Im afraid if you want big clouds then you'll never get that with an MTL style. Regardless of how much vapour the tank is capable of producing you will always be restricted by the amount you can actually take in via the sucking process as opposed to the breathing in method.

Hey thanks again for replies

budget wise no real budget if its good and worth it I don't mind paying

I have never looked into rebuildable tanks wouldn't know where to start

I guess if im not going to get the clouds im after with mtl its time to consider dl so advice on best there be great and one where coils actually last :)

thanks again

there was another long post this week about nic OD and they were only using 6mg but in a subohm tank at high wattage.
it will work but you could start getting headaches and nausia as it affects people differently.

personally im only buying vaporesso mods and kits lately.
you can get the polar which is 220w for under £35 https://www.cloudstix.com/electronic-cigarettes/vaporesso-starter-kits but then you will need 2 or 4 batteries and an external charger as well.
bateries from fogstar on my list.
i really like their latest kit the luxe which is a touch screen and comes with their new skrr tank.
im using this at 65w which gives plenty of cloud and flavour.
but the best tank out there at the moment for me is the freemax mesh pro.

Don't know if this idea may interest you Missvapex.

Mod: Smoant Naboo, it's cheap decent and looks interesting.

Tank: Geekvape Ammit MTL, looks easy to build and top airflow helps prevent leaks. Loads of airflow options as well, so can do restricted DL to MTL.

And you can match the colours if you like as well.

And, cheap if you get from fasttech.

Don't know if this idea may interest you Missvapex.

Mod: Smoant Naboo, it's cheap decent and looks interesting.

Tank: Geekvape Ammit MTL, looks easy to build and top airflow helps prevent leaks. Loads of airflow options as well, so can do restricted DL to MTL.

And you can match the colours if you like as well.

And, cheap if you get from fasttech.

I have the Smoant Naboo and it is a superb mod, also have the Smoant Charon the battery life on this is amazing.

Back
Top Bottom