What's new

Why no love for the GTR?

ZendeR

Postman
Been looking for your learned opinions on this one, but surprisingly not much around. Does the Taifun GTR get no love from the tootle puffers around here? It's been the most positive surprise in a while for me. Retired the prime and the dvarw. Its super smooth, very forgiving coiling and wicking and very practical and innovative jfc and afc. Currently on a mtl Clapton at 0.9, 15w on firewater nr 6. I just really like this one. If you have one, let's hear your thoughts and favourite builds.
IMG_20190822_163659.jpg

I'd never contemplate forking out over £40-50 for an RTA unless it was the only one available.
Does the vape experience really offer that much more value?

The ONLY reason I haven’t bought one is that it won’t fit on my Pico. I think being 23mm has been the reason a few haven’t tried it.

I'd never contemplate forking out over £40-50 for an RTA unless it was the only one available.
Nor would I. Mine is of the Eastern persuasion ;) Compared to the prime I feel it's smoother and the jfc works better. Adjustable afc and top fill made me shelve the dvarw. It can go proper tight. Flavour wise is up there with the best for me. It can take a bigger coil and I have been enjoying mtl Claptons. I guess it just ticks the right boxes for me.

The ONLY reason I haven’t bought one is that it won’t fit on my Pico. I think being 23mm has been the reason a few haven’t tried it.
True.. Not many mods around. It looks a bit weird on the cthulhu tube in 350. I do have a caravela 23m and it looks the tits on it! :D but I don't take mechs out of the house ;)

Seeing as most things are cloned there is little need to spend over £25 these days. However, in saying that I think it depends on what type of person you are rather than quality of the vape. Most things seem very similar at the moment with only marginal gains. But in saying that there is something lovely about a well made, well machined atty. I guess if you like nice quality things then buying expensive atties is just par for the course along with expensive shoes, jeans, shirts et al.

True.. Not many mods around. It looks a bit weird on the cthulhu tube in 350. I do have a caravela 23m and it looks the tits on it! :D but I don't take mechs out of the house ;)
If you have a Pico and can squeeze it on then please post pics!!

I like it more now its to be had for $16 but the width...
Overhang does my swede in.

Seeing as most things are cloned there is little need to spend over £25 these days. However, in saying that I think it depends on what type of person you are rather than quality of the vape. Most things seem very similar at the moment with only marginal gains. But in saying that there is something lovely about a well made, well machined atty. I guess if you like nice quality things then buying expensive atties is just par for the course along with expensive shoes, jeans, shirts et al.

Some folks just like buying and having originals, supporting design and innovation, which is just as well as without originals clones would not exist:)
Cloners don't have design and marketing costs......so there is a fair whack of an atty right there.
It's easy just to look at a chunk of metal n glass and discount these things.

Last edited:
Some folks just like buying and having originals, supporting design and innovation, which is just as well as without originals clones would not exist:)
Cloners don't have design and marketing costs......so there is a fair whack of an atty right there.
It's easy just to look at a chunk of metal n glass and discount these things.
Oh I totally agree and I wasn’t disregarding that very valid point. If I “can” I’ll always try to buy original partly for that very reason. :).

Back
Top Bottom