What's new

MTL SXK 4.51 RTA

Netvaper

Achiever
I found Naturevape selling this for £19.99 so thought I’d take a punt, after using for a while and putting a few builds through it this is what I made of what turned out to be an unusual rta in terms of airflow.

Crammed in a small plastic box, so no gushing on presentation, is the 22mm 316 SS atty with a 4.51ml clear PMMA tank with narrow bore clear 510 drip tip, 1 extra top collar, 2 other chimney bell inserts, spare o-rings/deck screws and a little blue Philips screwdriver, total height is 58mm. No spare glass or a user manual which would have been handy and I couldn’t find one online. The only threading is to secure the top to the chimney section and hold the tank in place, everything else is secured by o-rings. It’s a single coil deck with one under coil airflow insert (3x0.8mm holes), external afc ring (1, 1.2, 1.4, 1.6, 1.8, 2mm), top side fill, variable jfc and pull/push fit deck.

It’s a very light tank but the build quality seems pretty good and it all fits well and comes to bits and back together easily. The chimney base has small markings < ON FEED OFF > for the jfc on one side and a TOOTH : HERE on the other to line up the : with a small arrow on the base of the deck and push to fit. Screwing it on a mod fully opens the jfc and removing it fully closes it, you can have 1,2,3 or 4 of the jfc holes open on both sides, turning the tank clockwise opens and anti-clockwise closes, you will feel a slight stop when fully opened or closed. It worked well with no issues.

To fill close the jfc, pull off the top collar which is tight and fill through the side hole, a 60ml shortfill bottle just fits, tilting the atty helps, push the top collar back on and open the jfc. I filled up to the line just below the top collar, some condensation collects around the top collar and in the drip tip but there was no leaking when filling or from the top when using.

To access the deck close the jfc and pull the tank up ensuring the top is screwed on otherwise the tank comes free. To refit line up the tiny arrow on the deck with the TOOTH : HERE mark on the chimney and push the tank down. Once in place it is held securely but ensure it is before opening the jfc. The deck has 2 opposite facing posts that are fairly close together, quite wide juice wells with 4 juice hole inlets on each side, I didn’t try it but a 3mm coil should fit. Fitting a coil is easy and wicking is straightforward and apart from not enough cotton on a first build it was fine thereafter with no leaking or gurgling.

As to how it vapes I wondered if the under coil airflow might be on the airy side, it wasn’t but the airflow was a surprise. If you fully close the afc ring it produces a very tight mtl draw while opening it up doesn’t make as much difference as you’d expect, it gets airier as you go along but not by that much and never quite gets to what I’d call a loose mtl vape. The draw is quiet and smooth and the flavour is very good. I vaped a 50/50 NET with a simple round wire 2.5mm coil, the afc ring on 1mm and 2 holes open on the jfc. I only used the pre-installed plain doomed chimney bell insert as to swap it requires draining the tank plus I’m not convinced they make much difference.

My only niggles are the top side fill as the top collar is a bit stiff to pull off so you need to be careful you don’t pull the tank off the deck and lining up the tank with the deck is a slight faff. Once you get used to it though this clone of the Angry Fox original is a pretty easy to use mtl rta with very nice rounded flavour and was well worth the punt.

IMG20230614122742[1].jpg IMG20230620105220[1].jpg

I found Naturevape selling this for £19.99 so thought I’d take a punt, after using for a while and putting a few builds through it this is what I made of what turned out to be an unusual rta in terms of airflow.

Crammed in a small plastic box, so no gushing on presentation, is the 22mm 316 SS atty with a 4.51ml clear PMMA tank with narrow bore clear 510 drip tip, 1 extra top collar, 2 other chimney bell inserts, spare o-rings/deck screws and a little blue Philips screwdriver, total height is 58mm. No spare glass or a user manual which would have been handy and I couldn’t find one online. The only threading is to secure the top to the chimney section and hold the tank in place, everything else is secured by o-rings. It’s a single coil deck with one under coil airflow insert (3x0.8mm holes), external afc ring (1, 1.2, 1.4, 1.6, 1.8, 2mm), top side fill, variable jfc and pull/push fit deck.

It’s a very light tank but the build quality seems pretty good and it all fits well and comes to bits and back together easily. The chimney base has small markings < ON FEED OFF > for the jfc on one side and a TOOTH : HERE on the other to line up the : with a small arrow on the base of the deck and push to fit. Screwing it on a mod fully opens the jfc and removing it fully closes it, you can have 1,2,3 or 4 of the jfc holes open on both sides, turning the tank clockwise opens and anti-clockwise closes, you will feel a slight stop when fully opened or closed. It worked well with no issues.

To fill close the jfc, pull off the top collar which is tight and fill through the side hole, a 60ml shortfill bottle just fits, tilting the atty helps, push the top collar back on and open the jfc. I filled up to the line just below the top collar, some condensation collects around the top collar and in the drip tip but there was no leaking when filling or from the top when using.

To access the deck close the jfc and pull the tank up ensuring the top is screwed on otherwise the tank comes free. To refit line up the tiny arrow on the deck with the TOOTH : HERE mark on the chimney and push the tank down. Once in place it is held securely but ensure it is before opening the jfc. The deck has 2 opposite facing posts that are fairly close together, quite wide juice wells with 4 juice hole inlets on each side, I didn’t try it but a 3mm coil should fit. Fitting a coil is easy and wicking is straightforward and apart from not enough cotton on a first build it was fine thereafter with no leaking or gurgling.

As to how it vapes I wondered if the under coil airflow might be on the airy side, it wasn’t but the airflow was a surprise. If you fully close the afc ring it produces a very tight mtl draw while opening it up doesn’t make as much difference as you’d expect, it gets airier as you go along but not by that much and never quite gets to what I’d call a loose mtl vape. The draw is quiet and smooth and the flavour is very good. I vaped a 50/50 NET with a simple round wire 2.5mm coil, the afc ring on 1mm and 2 holes open on the jfc. I only used the pre-installed plain doomed chimney bell insert as to swap it requires draining the tank plus I’m not convinced they make much difference.

My only niggles are the top side fill as the top collar is a bit stiff to pull off so you need to be careful you don’t pull the tank off the deck and lining up the tank with the deck is a slight faff. Once you get used to it though this clone of the Angry Fox original is a pretty easy to use mtl rta with very nice rounded flavour and was well worth the punt.

View attachment 323810 View attachment 323811
It looks pretty good - nice review, thank you :thumbup:

I considered getting it, as I quite liked the look and the YT netvaper compared it to the arcana. Then I got a small bonus from work and went for the arcana instead :)

It looks pretty good - nice review, thank you :thumbup:

I considered getting it, as I quite liked the look and the YT netvaper compared it to the arcana. Then I got a small bonus from work and went for the arcana instead :)

I think the Arcana will be better but then it should be for the price, I'd quite like one too. :)

Back
Top Bottom