What's new

Evod not giving flavour like dripper?

I couldn't tell you the exact gauge but it is heavier than.the 0.2 that I use for evods and protanks. Did you flame the wire first? That takes a lot of the spring out of it and makes coiling a bit easier.

Yes gave it a good flaming to try to take the spring out of it, I'll have another crack at it and see if I can get it better, problem is I have no means of testing the coil to see the resistance, are you using on a vv ?

I use a vamo to check the resistance but mostly use mech devices as my vamo is slowly dying:thumbdown:

It did take me a while to get my technique down. Probably chucked the first half dozen coils I made. I'm usually happy between 1.3 and 1.5 ohms

Cheapest way to check coil resistance is probably a multimeter. Maplins have them for under a tenner.

I use a vamo to check the resistance but mostly use mech devices as my vamo is slowly dying:thumbdown:

It did take me a while to get my technique down. Probably chucked the first half dozen coils I made. I'm usually happy between 1.3 and 1.5 ohms

Cheapest way to check coil resistance is probably a multimeter. Maplins have them for under a tenner.

I need to get me a vamo or similar me thinks, apologies but one more quick questions, what is the diameter of coils you make for the wick to go through.

Couldn't tell you exactly, I either use a wooden cocktail stick or I've also got a micro screwdriver with a shaft about the same diameter.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Planet of the Vapes mobile app

Well I'm just attempted this with 0.25 kanthal using a small amount of cotton wool and a larger amount.

The kanthal was really springy even after getting it glowing well first and it came out a bit of a mess both times when I used the long nose pliers to attempt to get the coils tight together, the draw was pretty tight compared to my usual set up (tried different positions with the air hole) and not great vapour or taste, really bummed after watching the vids as I was expecting vaping heaven, any tips appreciated please.

View attachment 13537

First off, it looks like you're using a non variable voltage battery, could you confirm that you're not just using a shitty ego battery with your igo?

Second, y'know you don't HAVE to do a 'micro' coil to get this working well. You can just do 7 wraps, close but not quite touching for a fairy sparse coil. This is the method I use and it's all good. I've done it dozens of times and the only issues I have are related to sudden jumps in resistance whereby a nudge of the coil is needed to get it back to normal (I constantly check the resistance with my vamo, if I don't I can get a sudden massive throat hit if the coil has moved a tad).

First off, it looks like you're using a non variable voltage battery, could you confirm that you're not just using a shitty ego battery with your igo?

Second, y'know you don't HAVE to do a 'micro' coil to get this working well. You can just do 7 wraps, close but not quite touching for a fairy sparse coil. This is the method I use and it's all good. I've done it dozens of times and the only issues I have are related to sudden jumps in resistance whereby a nudge of the coil is needed to get it back to normal (I constantly check the resistance with my vamo, if I don't I can get a sudden massive throat hit if the coil has moved a tad).

Yes bud I am using a 'shitty ego' battery as you so eloquently put it :D
I don't have an issue getting it working I normally use 5 coils of.0.25 kanthal around a 3mm silica wick and it vapes pretty decent but with all the chatter about cotton wool and microcoils being the dogs I thought I'd give it a crack, guess I'm gonna have to invest in one of these vamos, any deals on them?

Yes bud I am using a 'shitty ego' battery as you so eloquently put it :D
I don't have an issue getting it working I normally use 5 coils of.0.25 kanthal around a 3mm silica wick and it vapes pretty decent but with all the chatter about cotton wool and microcoils being the dogs I thought I'd give it a crack, guess I'm gonna have to invest in one of these vamos, any deals on them?

For the love of christ stop using that battery immediately. I am constantly tweaking my voltage and checking the resistance of my coil. I have a home made batch of blackberry crumble (by decadent vapours) and 0.5-1v can make the difference between getting a nice sharp, tart taste on the inhale vs nothing on the inhale.

Get your vamo from FastTech and make sure it's the one that comes with a battery charger and a couple of batteries. Awesome deal.

EDIT: also, if you're using a home made coil on a non VV battery, it's just a matter of days before it shorts and dies on you. VV batteries tend to have short circuit protection on.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom