What's new

Voopoo Argus GT II with UForce-L Kit

Gitchy

Achiever
Kavis @Sourcemore sent me this to try out. I am not affiliated with POTV or Sourcemore, nor do I get paid to review things.

PXL_20230408_113834926.jpg

Voopoo Argus GT II Kit with UForce-L Tank

https://www.sourcemore.com/voopoo-argus-gt-2-kit-with-uforce-l-tank.html

No discount code as it’s on sale right now on Sourcemore. If you make an account and log in it's even cheaper!

The Argus GT II is a 200w mod that takes dual 18650 batteries. It has the Gene.TT 2.0 chip in it so has several output modes to choose from. The mod is IP68 rated so is water, dust and shockproof. Charging in the mod is done at 3 amps so it’s a fast charging mod for those who dice with not using an external charger for their batteries. The UForce-L tank uses the Voopoo PnP coils and has a capacity of 5.5ml. It’s got 3 top airflow holes that give a good blast of air for the lower ohm coils.

In the box you get:
1 Argus GT II Device
1 UFORCE-L Tank 5.5ml
1 Spare Bubble Glass 5.5ml
1 PNP-TW15 0.15ohm Coil
1 PNP TW20 0.2ohm Coil
1 Silicon Rubber Pack
1 Type-C Cable
1 User Manual

Style wise it kind of looks like an Aegis Legend mod, similar to others that have copied it with the IP ratings. It has the soft, leather type cushion on the back and the usual zinc alloy body to it. The front of the mod has a 0.96” TFT display, a fire button, the 2 adjustment buttons and a lock switch that will lock all the buttons so it doesn’t adjust or fire in your pocket. The battery door is on the bottom with a slide button to open. It seems secure enough and has only opened on me once in the 2 weeks I’ve been testing the device, but that was because I didn’t close it properly. The USB Type-C slot is on the top of the mod. There’s a slide to open bit there, which I do not personally like as I feel it takes away from the look of the mod.

The tank uses push to fit PnP coils that are easy to fit. It has a good capacity and the top airflow is pretty quiet for a sub ohm, stock coil tank. There are 3 airflow slots and they do give a good blast on the higher rated coils, while still managing to give a decent enough restricted draw when the airflow is closed over halfway.

PXL_20230424_084044687.jpg

Function wise there are the usual modes on this device. It was a bit weird for me finding how to change things as I’m used to 3 clicks on the fire button; but with this mod you have to hold both adjustment buttons to get into the menu. Once there you can find a mode sub menu; letting you choose from smart mode, RBA mode, turbo mode or TC mode. In the TC mode you can choose the coil material and there are memory slots for remembering the settings.

You can change settings as well in another menu. The choice is from brightness, puff counter reset and puff duration. There’s also an about menu that lets you see the current firmware version you’re on.

In use it is a decent mod and a good tank. You start up in smart mode and this selects what the mod thinks is the best wattage for your coil. I always change that right after my first draw as I’m not being told what to do. I popped the 0.2 coil in first, it’s rated from 40-60w and I was told 55 would be best for me through the smart mode. It wasn’t, I turned it down to 45 and that was more my speed. You get a good plume of vapour from the 0.2 coil and the flavour is good.

A wee edit to note that the mod goes to sleep after a bit and you have to hit the fire button to wake it up. This is so annoying if you've just picked up the mod to take a draw and get nothing. It really bothers me and I wonder why the hell Voopoo have done this. I've had it with one of the drag mods before and it infuriates me to no end.

The UForce-L tank is really good, there’s not much whoosh from the airflow and it’s a nice smooth draw. I ended up taking the mod and tank with me on a stag do to Poland and the coil lasted me the whole weekend, even with a fellow vaper turning it right up to about 65w and banging away on it in a boozer over there. Cheeky sod that he was. The tank did piss itself on the flight home but that’s happened to every tank I’ve had on a plane because I forget to close the airflow so I’m not blaming Voopoo for that one.

Once I got home I swapped the 0.2 coil for the 0.15 and stupidly, in my hungover state, papped some 12mg nic salt juice in there as my tank testing juice bottles are the same size with the same juice in them. It blasted my head off at a suggested 65w and made me feel decidedly worse. After a wee gag I flushed the 12mg out and put in a more sensible 3mg juice in so I could test it properly, at 60w this time. The tank is much better with the 0.15 coil in. The vapour production is really good for me at about 60w and the flavour is definitely better than the 0.2 in my personal opinion. And the 0.2 coil is still pretty damn good. I’ve had experience with the PnP coils before and never really rated them so it must be the tank that’s elevated them.

PXL_20230424_084034216.jpg

Overall the Argus GT II and Uforce-L kit is decent. I’m more a fan of the tank than the mod, the design is a bit too copycat for me and the raised lip for opening the USB slot isn’t my cup of tea if I’m being honest; I’d rather have a flat top on my mods. The UI and the screen on the mod are very good, easy to use and easy to see, and the battery door is solid if you push it in properly. The chip is good, with a decent turbo mode if you want to go a bit harder than the standard wattage.

The tank is a keeper if you like stock coils. The top airflow is very good and nice and airy. The coils last a decent amount of time and do give pretty good flavour, along with a good plume of vapour too. At 5.5ml capacity on this version it’s definitely worth a punt as you’re not filling up every 2 minutes. Also, other than on a flight, I’ve had no leaks at all while vaping and there has been no gurgling after filling either like you get on a lot of the other stock coil tanks.

I have seen reports elsewhere on the forum about bad quality on this particular mod. One user’s mod crapped out on them after a few months and another has found that the whole top section came off and was only glued in. I haven’t had that experience but then I’ve only been using it for a couple of weeks so time will tell and I’ll report back if it does go bad. So far it’s all been fine, bar a couple of tiny scratches to the paint, probably due to drunken adventures abroad, but I do worry about that, I would expect that after a few months, not a few weeks. Overall though, it’s been a solid mod and tank combo. I’m not sure I’d buy the mod on it’s own, due to my preferences, but I would buy the tank.

PXL_20230424_084121490.jpg

Last edited:
Kavis @Sourcemore sent me this to try out. I am not affiliated with POTV or Sourcemore, nor do I get paid to review things.

View attachment 317575

Voopoo Argus GT II Kit with UForce-L Tank

https://www.sourcemore.com/voopoo-argus-gt-2-kit-with-uforce-l-tank.html

No discount code as it’s on sale right now on Sourcemore. If you make an account and log in it's even cheaper!

The Argus GT II is a 200w mod that takes dual 18650 batteries. It has the Gene.TT 2.0 chip in it so has several output modes to choose from. The mod is IP68 rated so is water, dust and shockproof. Charging in the mod is done at 3 amps so it’s a fast charging mod for those who dice with not using an external charger for their batteries. The UForce-L tank uses the Voopoo PnP coils and has a capacity of 5.5ml. It’s got 3 top airflow holes that give a good blast of air for the lower ohm coils.

In the box you get:
1 Argus GT II Device
1 UFORCE-L Tank 5.5ml
1 Spare Bubble Glass 5.5ml
1 PNP-TW15 0.15ohm Coil
1 PNP TW20 0.2ohm Coil
1 Silicon Rubber Pack
1 Type-C Cable
1 User Manual

Style wise it kind of looks like an Aegis Legend mod, similar to others that have copied it with the IP ratings. It has the soft, leather type cushion on the back and the usual zinc alloy body to it. The front of the mod has a 0.96” TFT display, a fire button, the 2 adjustment buttons and a lock switch that will lock all the buttons so it doesn’t adjust or fire in your pocket. The battery door is on the bottom with a slide button to open. It seems secure enough and has only opened on me once in the 2 weeks I’ve been testing the device, but that was because I didn’t close it properly. The USB Type-C slot is on the top of the mod. There’s a slide to open bit there, which I do not personally like as I feel it takes away from the look of the mod.

The tank uses push to fit PnP coils that are easy to fit. It has a good capacity and the top airflow is pretty quiet for a sub ohm, stock coil tank. There are 3 airflow slots and they do give a good blast on the higher rated coils, while still managing to give a decent enough restricted draw when the airflow is closed over halfway.

View attachment 317577

Function wise there are the usual modes on this device. It was a bit weird for me finding how to change things as I’m used to 3 clicks on the fire button; but with this mod you have to hold both adjustment buttons to get into the menu. Once there you can find a mode sub menu; letting you choose from smart mode, RBA mode, turbo mode or TC mode. In the TC mode you can choose the coil material and there are memory slots for remembering the settings.

You can change settings as well in another menu. The choice is from brightness, puff counter reset and puff duration. There’s also an about menu that lets you see the current firmware version you’re on.

In use it is a decent mod and a good tank. You start up in smart mode and this selects what the mod thinks is the best wattage for your coil. I always change that right after my first draw as I’m not being told what to do. I popped the 0.2 coil in first, it’s rated from 40-60w and I was told 55 would be best for me through the smart mode. It wasn’t, I turned it down to 45 and that was more my speed. You get a good plume of vapour from the 0.2 coil and the flavour is good.

A wee edit to note that the mod goes to sleep after a bit and you have to hit the fire button to wake it up. This is so annoying if you've just picked up the mod to take a draw and get nothing. It really bothers me and I wonder why the hell Voopoo have done this. I've had it with one of the drag mods before and it infuriates me to no end.

The UForce-L tank is really good, there’s not much whoosh from the airflow and it’s a nice smooth draw. I ended up taking the mod and tank with me on a stag do to Poland and the coil lasted me the whole weekend, even with a fellow vaper turning it right up to about 65w and banging away on it in a boozer over there. Cheeky sod that he was. The tank did piss itself on the flight home but that’s happened to every tank I’ve had on a plane because I forget to close the airflow so I’m not blaming Voopoo for that one.

Once I got home I swapped the 0.2 coil for the 0.15 and stupidly, in my hungover state, papped some 12mg nic salt juice in there as my tank testing juice bottles are the same size with the same juice in them. It blasted my head off at a suggested 65w and made me feel decidedly worse. After a wee gag I flushed the 12mg out and put in a more sensible 3mg juice in so I could test it properly, at 60w this time. The tank is much better with the 0.15 coil in. The vapour production is really good for me at about 60w and the flavour is definitely better than the 0.2 in my personal opinion. And the 0.2 coil is still pretty damn good. I’ve had experience with the PnP coils before and never really rated them so it must be the tank that’s elevated them.

View attachment 317576

Overall the Argus GT II and Uforce-L kit is decent. I’m more a fan of the tank than the mod, the design is a bit too copycat for me and the raised lip for opening the USB slot isn’t my cup of tea if I’m being honest; I’d rather have a flat top on my mods. The UI and the screen on the mod are very good, easy to use and easy to see, and the battery door is solid if you push it in properly. The chip is good, with a decent turbo mode if you want to go a bit harder than the standard wattage.

The tank is a keeper if you like stock coils. The top airflow is very good and nice and airy. The coils last a decent amount of time and do give pretty good flavour, along with a good plume of vapour too. At 5.5ml capacity on this version it’s definitely worth a punt as you’re not filling up every 2 minutes. Also, other than on a flight, I’ve had no leaks at all while vaping and there has been no gurgling after filling either like you get on a lot of the other stock coil tanks.

I have seen reports elsewhere on the forum about bad quality on this particular mod. One user’s mod crapped out on them after a few months and another has found that the whole top section came off and was only glued in. I haven’t had that experience but then I’ve only been using it for a couple of weeks so time will tell and I’ll report back if it does go bad. So far it’s all been fine, bar a couple of tiny scratches to the paint, probably due to drunken adventures abroad, but I do worry about that, I would expect that after a few months, not a few weeks. Overall though, it’s been a solid mod and tank combo. I’m not sure I’d buy the mod on it’s own, due to my preferences, but I would buy the tank.

View attachment 317578
Good one Gitchy.
Tank is great. Seriously Im onto it over my Zeus which I thought was good. The coils just last and last mate.
So small but just keep delivering! Don't know how they do it!?
Dont drop the mod though. ;)

Back
Top Bottom