What's new

Evod not giving flavour like dripper?

I use cotton wool from asda.

Wind the coil round a cocktail stick, install it on the dripper and then stick some cotton wool in.

Lots of tutorial videos on YouTube

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Planet of the Vapes mobile app

Attachments

• 1382305807678.jpg
    1382305807678.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:
Ugh, that's a messy coil. Embarrassed.....

Edit. I must stop biting my nails!

Last edited:
Oh, don't try and dry burn it with wool in, it needs to be kept really wet

Cheers for the photo, do they give better flavour than silica then, would I be right in thinking they don't have much of a lifespan?

I think the flavour is much better. I change the wick whenever I change flavours or once a day regardless. It just slips out of the coil and you poke a new one in. It really does just take seconds. The coil in that picture is at least two weeks old and must have had twenty+ wicks in it.

The best thing about drippers is the disparity between performance and cost. The A7 in my picture was about a tenner and the running costs are bugger all. 4 inches of kanthal wire and half a cotton wool ball over the course of two weeks. It gets hammered every day for at least a couple of hours and just keeps giving great results.

Can you tell that I like my A7? :D

Thanks for the heads up on the YouTube vids tubby I'll check then out.

Simon, It never entered my tiny mind about just changing the cotton from the coil on a regular basis I'd have changed the lot, how many coils have you got in the photo it looks like there's about 10 !!

I think it's 9 or 10, I can't remember. When the coil was new all the winds were touching each other properly and it was at 1.3ohms. Because it's had quite a few wicks in and out some of the winds have started to separate and the resistance had probably risen a bit. It's still working fine so I'll probably leave it for a while longer yet.

You need much less cotton than you think, it really swells up once it's wet.

Just checked a few YouTube vids out on the microcoils.. where have I been those babies smoke like the flying Scotsman, I've always believed fewer coils was better and that none should touch each other, it would appear it ain't necessarily so!!

Will 0.25 kanthal be ok for making them as that's all I have presently?

Back
Top Bottom