What's new

3D Printing vital PPE for NHS workers

If anyone has a better idea about local distribution I'm all ears.

As it stands they will all go into the overwhelmed logistics system and sold in bulk to the NHS who then have to distribute them, I would much prefer to know they are going to somewhere local that's struggling and quicker, I have a contact at a care home I might try first.

I have a few sheets of Acetate so going to try full assembly and leave the receiver to sanitise them? not ideal so any suggestions welcome.

Supplying a local care home with all I can, feels less like pissing in the wind as I know they will be used straight away :)

Acetate will be the main supply problem, I have plenty of filament but not many sheets of A4 Acetate so hoping the care home can source some.

PPE2.jpg

PPE1.jpg

It seems local supply is the way, a care home and mobile carers want as many as I can supply.

Acetate has kindly been donated by @Crewella too so I can just crack on printing as many as I can.
(Made my day thank you!)

If anyone else is thinking of 3D printing some and needs the STL files let me know, this version is the best I have tried, I also recommend supplying local nursing homes and carers as they seem to be low on the list for current supplies.

ADVICE NEEDED
Hopefully someone can answer this, what's the best way to sanitise these without heat? the plastic distorts in hot water methods.

Last edited:
It seems local supply is the way, a care home and mobile carers want as many as I can supply.

Acetone has kindly been donated by @Crewella too so I can just crack on printing as many as I can.
(Made my day thank you!)

If anyone else is thinking of 3D printing some and needs the STL files let me know, this version is the best I have tried, I also recommend supplying local nursing homes and carers as they seem to be low on the list for current supplies.

ADVICE NEEDED
Hopefully someone can answer this, what's the best way to sanitise these without heat? the plastic distorts in hot water methods.
*acetate* ............. though you're very welcome to my nail polish remover too ....... :P :10:

ADVICE NEEDED

You could try Isopropanol, but check a small piece first, as I am not sure if it would smear / make milky the Acatate.

Acetone has kindly been donated by @Crewella too so I can just crack on printing as many as I can.
(Made my day thank you!)

ADVICE NEEDED

I am no expert but would Milton Fluid not do ?

Back
Top Bottom