What's new

PPE Acetate Help

With the printing hell I have had over the past few days using untested overpriced brands I have had to back order a reliable brand (Geetech) that I know prints without issues & more importantly I can leave unattended.
Should be in stock May 3rd plus delivery, hopefully the Blue due tomorrow will behave and will last me until the Black arrives.

PLA Filament 1.75mm Black, GEEETECH 1kg £24.99
amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07MGKYFFP

Balance -£10.79
So that's all the money gone - I know originally it was just for Acetate but it turned out I underestimated filament so thank you for your flexibility of where the dosh goes.

Acetate kindly donated directly by @ZT and @Crewella which got me going so quickly! (not forgetting additional P&P costs they absorbed)

PayPal donations totalling an amazing £140
@Coolie27 @quincey43 @instantlady @Martvb60 @rew @Banjostring
(I'm fairly sure I haven't missed anyone - PLEASE let me know if I have)

Donation money spent:
  • £29.99 for 100 x 240 Micron Acetate Sold by 2dispatch (eBay)
  • £36.84 for 200 x 200 Micron Acetate Sold by sign.print.lab (eBay)
  • £8.99 for Leitz Hole Punch (Amazon)
  • £24.99 for SUNLU (or NOFUNLU as I call it) Purple PLA 1kg Spool (Amazon) - Sorry as I wasted money on this awful filament.
  • £24.99 for PLA Filament 1.75mm 1kg, TINMORRY PLA BLUE (Amazon) - Awaiting delivery tomorrow but hopefully this should print okay.
  • £24.99 for PLA Filament 1.75mm Black, GEEETECH 1kg (Amazon) Back ordered but hopefully should arrive within 10 days.
Total £150.79

I just want to thank you for your donations that has kept me going this long, I would have not been able to produce and or indeed supply any without the help & support I've received and more importantly all the healthcare workers that have benefited from our collective effort, all of whom are aware that this has been a collective effort and asked me to pass on their thanks :clapping:

125 visors have been distributed directly to those in most need: care homes, district nurses, mobile carers, pharmacy (to distribute where they see fit; doctors surgeries etc.).
20 more are being dispatched today and 20 more hopefully by Friday.

If everything goes well I have enough supplies to last at least a month.

Great news, you’re doing a sterling job [emoji106]

Glad to have played a small part in this. You're doing a brilliant job and if you need any more help just ask.

Quick update:
So far 135 have gone out but I'm not sure if demand is going down or the supply chain has caught up some, I have 30 assembled and another 25 ready to assemble with no current takers, I've contacted quite a few places (Doctors, District Nurses, Hospice's, Care Homes etc.) but the are all 'Okay' for now or I've had to leave a message.

I even took some to the local Post Office yesterday as they wanted a few, so I left them with extra to give out to any Healthcare workers that needed any.

Since I don't do FaceFuck I don't feel I have my finger on the pulse and having to be more creative in finding people than need them, ironically I have found a way to print faster with a record 12 yesterday (was 7 to 8).

So do I take my foot off the gas or keep stockpiling them while I search for demand?

Quick update:
So far 135 have gone out but I'm not sure if demand is going down or the supply chain has caught up some, I have 30 assembled and another 25 ready to assemble with no current takers, I've contacted quite a few places (Doctors, District Nurses, Hospice's, Care Homes etc.) but the are all 'Okay' for now or I've had to leave a message.

I even took some to the local Post Office yesterday as they wanted a few, so I left them with extra to give out to any Healthcare workers that needed any.

Since I don't do FaceFuck I don't feel I have my finger on the pulse and having to be more creative in finding people than need them, ironically I have found a way to print faster with a record 12 yesterday (was 7 to 8).

So do I take my foot off the gas or keep stockpiling them while I search for demand?
Just asked in one of the groups as I know there's NHS/Care workers among the members. Will pm if any interest.

Quick update:

My OH is a district nurse and they are all ok. I think private nursing/care homes are still struggling.

Back
Top Bottom