What's new

PPE Acetate Help

Sorry I forgot to mention, I am back up and running (same night), changed a few parts and re-calibrated it, not quite perfect so a little more post processing with excess stringing but managed to shave off 10 minutes per print so now down to 1 hour 30 minutes each.

2 new care homes have requested visors, one only has polythene aprons and disposable gloves - NO face masks :11:

Ouch!
You need any other bits yet mate ?

Ouch!
You need any other bits yet mate ?
I'm all good thanks, fortunately I panic bought plenty of spare parts long before all this started, keeping a close eye on filament though, I think I have enough for a few weeks, I will be pretty shocked if UK manufacturing hasn't caught up by then.

Just supplied a local Pharmacy with 20, they requested them and will be distributing them to anyone in urgent need, (carers etc.) I didn't think of that myself, what a good way to get them out there.

20 will hardly scratch the surface but at least they will go to immediate use.

Pharmacies have been under so much pressure yet they are still managing to go above and beyond. :clapping:

Taking stock of my filament, my stock isn't as much as I thought, 2 rolls aren't any use, a translucent green one hates larger prints and 1 in 3 are failing, the other is PETG which is a nightmare to tune in, so I am left with less than I thought.

I'm not desperate and have around 10 days worth left but looking to getting more in to avoid a rush.

I know some donators have said I can use the surplus money wherever it's needed so ordering a roll while I can.
Shiny Purple PLA 1kg Spool £24.99
Amazon product ASIN B07W473Z7H
Balance is now £39.19

Just keeping you updated where your money is going - you've saved the day again thank you :2thumbsup:

Taking stock of my filament, my stock isn't as much as I thought, 2 rolls aren't any use, a translucent green one hates larger prints and 1 in 3 are failing, the other is PETG which is a nightmare to tune in, so I am left with less than I thought.

I'm not desperate and have around 10 days worth left but looking to getting more in to avoid a rush.

I know some donators have said I can use the surplus money wherever it's needed so ordering a roll while I can.
Shiny Purple PLA 1kg Spool £24.99
Amazon product ASIN B07W473Z7H
Balance is now £39.19

Just keeping you updated where your money is going - you've saved the day again thank you :2thumbsup:

We all support you Si. If you need filament, then get filament. You don't need to justify it mate.

Another 20 just gone out to a care coordinator, some mind blowing stories she had to tell, they are resorting to black market for masks and hand sanitiser, she was overwhelmed when I used the word FREE, 13 are in use tonight by district nurses.

I don't think I've counted wrong but I make that 100 total gone out the door :bliss:

Another 20 just gone out to a care coordinator, some mind blowing stories she had to tell, they are resorting to black market for masks and hand sanitiser, she was overwhelmed when I used the word FREE, 13 are in use tonight by district nurses.

I don't think I've counted wrong but I make that 100 total gone out the door :bliss:
105? ;) :2thumbsup: :clapping:

Absolutely brilliant mate. Am glad to play a tiny part in this thanks to you.

Back
Top Bottom