What's new

Batteries

Mutley1

Legend
well seen as im getting an odin & going to mostly be using my profiles rdta on this around 65 watt & im browing @Ben fogstar site for new batteries & kinda spoilt for choice for what too choose as ive currently got the samsung 30 T so which battery do people recomend ?

I’ve got the Molicell 42As for my Odin (also from Fogstar). They are excellent batteries I would highly recommend.

I only use 18650s so use the Sony VTC5A, 2500 mah and 25a continuous discharge. Never had an issue with them.

The VTC5 has the same capacity but only 20A CD, the VTC6 has 3000mah capacity but again only 20A CD.

By contrast the 21700s you’ll need for the Odin give you much more, for instance the 30T has 3000mah capacity with 35A CD. The Molicell as per the above is 4200mah with 30A CD

I only use 18650s so use the Sony VTC5A, 2500 mah and 25a continuous discharge. Never had an issue with them.

The VTC5 has the same capacity but only 20A CD, the VTC6 has 3000mah capacity but again only 20A CD.

By contrast the 21700s you’ll need for the Odin give you much more, for instance the 30T has 3000mah capacity with 35A CD. The Molicell as per the above is 4200mah with 30A CD
All very good info. I only have Molicells so can’t compare performance as you may be able to. As the OP will be running his atty at around 65w is he likely to need a high CD? Or would longer runtime be more useful? I find my Odin will last a day, or near enough, running at similar wattages.

@Mutley1 I also use the Molicell 42A's and they are pretty good for the Odin, also use them in my Hadron, i can vape heavy some days and they seem to last quite well compared to the Samsungs and i would recommend getting them but it's your choice.

@Mutley1 I also use the Molicell 42A's and they are pretty good for the Odin, also use them in my Hadron, i can vape heavy some days and they seem to last quite well compared to the Samsungs and i would recommend getting them but it's your choice.

cheers bud i want some that will last all day so going the molicell42 A :)

I don’t use the Odin but I believe it is wired in series so effectively pulls 8.4v. This will give a continuous draw of around the 8amp mark @65w so well within the capability of most batteries. In that situation I’d go for the higher capcity

Last edited:
The added bonus with Molicell is that they say they are ok for vaping whereas others don't guarantee that which is another good reason.

I should add to my above post that the maths isn’t as simple as 65/8.4 as it would be for a series mech, in reality @65W, and on a regulated mod you will be drawing around 4V. With a 30A CD rating that means your good down to about the 0.13 ohm level

I've been running the P42A's in the Odin vaping between 55-65W and they're worked absolutely perfectly for me so I don't think there is any issue with the 30A rating. They're always cool to the touch and seem to be handling the load easily and the higher mAh means longer between charges which I like.

Back
Top Bottom