What's new

This is IMPORTANT... Please Read

This is a thing

vendors I know dropping like flies - be prepared

Guys I cant stress enough how seriously this is going to effect EVERYONE

we have all become used to PayPal both as vendors and users - this is really going to put a spanner in the works and for many companies I know already has - be prepared to have to pay via card or bank transfers etc

this is going to happen

and before anyone says "ill be fine I DIY" Vapable have already had their PayPal removed - the others will follow suit

Indeed - and not just Vendors .. this has a very real effect on buyers - especially those who will only use paypal - coz frankly for VAPE gear very very soon they will not be able to.

All the protections we enjoy with paypal gone - and all because of some puritanical standpoint from the US.

C492C4DE-99C5-4E81-85FA-D4C39A0CCD15.jpeg

Taking the difference between an aggregator/gateway and a payment processor on board, seems to me that:-
a. the processors may be shared by other gateways so the various gateways could be knocked over like dominoes
b. the reclassification of vaping by some of the processors might be adopted by other processors at some point, with the same domino effect
c. even if the reclassification is outside of their control it does not excuse PayPal's behaviour in freezing assets without fair warning (if that is actually happening and it's not a symptom of merchant inaction)

If it's puritanism, as @ZT thinks, by only one or two payment processors, it would be essential to identify which they are and not move to another gateway unless you know they don't use those same processors ... assuming this is transparent to the merchant.

Taking the difference between an aggregator/gateway and a payment processor on board, seems to me that:-
a. the processors may be shared by other gateways so the various gateways could be knocked over like dominoes
b. the reclassification of vaping by some of the processors might be adopted by other processors at some point, with the same domino effect
c. even if the reclassification is outside of their control it does not excuse PayPal's behaviour in freezing assets without fair warning (if that is actually happening and it's not a symptom of merchant inaction)

If it's puritanism, as @ZT thinks, by only one or two payment processors, it would be essential to identify which they are and not move to another gateway unless you know they don't use those same processors ... assuming this is transparent to the merchant.
It’s Friday, I’ve beer and far too little brain to process what the flip is going on.

Neither trade body agrees, one is saying it’s because they are selling CBD products and the other as posted above. Some vendors say they’ve contacted PayPal and been told there isn’t an issue. Then there’s this thread. We’ll only find out the truth when Vic does his latest video.

It’s Friday, I’ve beer and far too little brain to process what the flip is going on.

Neither trade body agrees, one is saying it’s because they are selling CBD products and the other as posted above. Some vendors say they’ve contacted PayPal and been told there isn’t an issue. Then there’s this thread. We’ll only find out the truth when Vic does his latest video.
When Paul (druids) contacted PayPal they didn’t know about it - until
They looked into it and found out it was so

Thing is - the ones I know are not selling cbd products

there are too many going down for it to be just random

and @scrumpox it’s defo not vendor inactivity - paul has most defo had his assets frozen - as did Vapable

Thing is - the ones I know are not selling cbd products

there are too many going down for it to be just random

and @scrumpox it’s defo not vendor inactivity - paul has most defo had his assets frozen - as did Vapable
IBVTA’s words, not mine. My words currently are: “Where’s my bloody Chinese? The women went out for it over an hour ago!”

IBVTA’s words, not mine. My words currently are: “Where’s my bloody Chinese? The women went out for it over an hour ago!”
My deliveroo burger turned up cold and with pasta instead of pit beans

I feel your pain

My deliveroo burger turned up cold and with pasta instead of pit beans

I feel your pain
But you don’t eat carbs, and the bun would’ve kept the meat warm. Think of it as steak tartare.

Back
Top Bottom