What's new

need help with new device

Twilight

Initiate
Hi all. Hope you are well. I am currently using a vaporesso gen 200. i am looking to purchase a pod device for work. My partner has also been complaining about the amount of vape in the house. I also prefer MTL. My question is? Is there a small pod device you recommend that can use normal freebase nicotine? i cant use nicsalt. i had a pod before many years ago and used nicsalt and i tried disposibles. For whatever reason,nic salts give me a tight chest/chest pain. i have no issues with free base nicotine. i dont know why. i am a complete noob. Juice i use panters pink colada 60 ml with 1,5 nic shot 20mg. any advice is appeciated

Any pod/ tank will be fine with nic salt or freebase. It makes no difference and is down to personal preference. As long as the 'thickness' of the juice matches the coil you will be fine. Any 50/50 VG/PG juice will be fine for any MTL coil for example.
I'm not an expert on current pods etc but I do use the LVE Orion 2 for MTL. A bit of a premium device so maybe not for you if you want something cheap.

The Vaporesso Xros 3 gets a lot of praise and is worth a look at for a cheap option.

Thanks for the replies. That is good to know. i was always told my vapeahops that the wattage of those small pods wasnt high enough for freebase. I am using the panter pink colada. thats 78/22 i believe,so that would not work?

I like the design of LVE Orion 2. Is it a big device? or pod size?

I had a look at theVaporesso Xros 3 too. Very cheap indeed.
On the vapeclub its says coils from 0.6 for freebase to a coil of 1.2 for nic salt.
It says both MTL and RDL. I presune its restricting direct to lung.
So for MTL do i go for the 1.2 coil? or is it vice versa?
If i would gofor the 1.2 coil i can just go for freebase 50/50?

Last edited:
I'm not an expert on current pods etc but I do use the LVE Orion 2 for MTL. A bit of a premium device so maybe not for you if you w
Is it a big device? Like is is it pod style? it looks nice

It's not small or light for a pod device but will fit nicely in a jeans pocket. It has great flavour and will go down to a tight draw.

I'm not sure the coils will properly wick with liquid that thick. What nic shots do you use? You can get ones that are 100% PG which will help adjust the ratio a bit.

I'm not an expert on current pods etc but I do use the LVE Orion 2 for MTL. A bit of a premium device so maybe not for you if you want something cheap.

The Vaporesso Xros 3 gets a lot of praise and is worth a look at for a cheap option.

It's not small or light for a pod device but will fit nicely in a jeans pocket. It has great flavour and will go down to a tight draw.

I'm not sure the coils will properly wick with liquid that thick. What nic shots do you use? You can get ones that are 100% PG which will help adjust the ratio a bit.

I dont know to be honest, i always ask for 2 normal freebase nic shots at the vapeshop. this is my juice https://www.vapepotions.co.uk/product-page/pink-colada-panther-by-dr-vapes-e-liquid-60ml-shortfill

Would this work on the LVE Orion 2 and what sort of nic base would i need to add?
Again, thank you so much for your replies

I got two pod devices last week Xros 3 from here

https://vaping101.co.uk/products/vaporesso-xros-3-pod-kit?variant=42953765879963

Aspire Favostix from here

https://ifancyone.com/collections/kits-by-brand/products/aspire-favostix-pod-kit

I’ve loads of other rebuildable Mtl kit but I’ve just got lazy lately and can’t be bothered with messing with them.
They’re both a great vape and so far I can’t choose one over the other, variable wattage on the Aspire but no AFC, fixed watts on the Xros but an excellent AFC and a better top filling set up, I’m using the supplied 1.0ohm mesh coils in both with 50/50 12mg freebase nic, the battery life is good the only negative for both is something we can’t get around is 2ml capacity another 1 ml would be great.
I’ve had no leaks or gurgles from either of them, the replacement pods are £7 for 3 for the Aspire and £10 for 4 for the Xros from Vape Club.

I got two pod devices last week Xros 3 from here

https://vaping101.co.uk/products/vaporesso-xros-3-pod-kit?variant=42953765879963

Aspire Favostix from here

https://ifancyone.com/collections/kits-by-brand/products/aspire-favostix-pod-kit

I’ve loads of other rebuildable Mtl kit but I’ve just got lazy lately and can’t be bothered with messing with them.
They’re both a great vape and so far I can’t choose one over the other, variable wattage on the Aspire but no AFC, fixed watts on the Xros but an excellent AFC and a better top filling set up, I’m using the supplied 1.0ohm mesh coils in both with 50/50 12mg freebase nic, the battery life is good the only negative for both is something we can’t get around is 2ml capacity another 1 ml would be great.
I’ve had no leaks or gurgles from either of them, the replacement pods are £7 for 3 for the Aspire and £10 for 4 for the Xros from Vape Club.
Do you make your own freebase with juice and adding nic shots? or do you buy the 10 ml premade ones?
On vapeclub it says the eros comes with
  • 0.6 Ohm Vaporesso Xros Pod?
    Cause im tempted to order it and buy spare 1.0 or 1.2 pods

Back
Top Bottom