What's new

Arse Finale, gobble gobble

• Thread starter Deleted member 54254
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 54254

Tracked down Nicks delisted review of this turkey...

It pretty much confirms my suspicions as I found all the one's that came before it lacking too.

Lets face it, the Siren ate its lunch.

Oh dear, it looks like they managed to make it even worse. Meanwhile Grimm seems to have became a pod junkie.

Not sure where the truth lies, somewhere in the middle possibly.

For me, none of the Ares RTA's were much good, i still have mine, think it was the 1st or one of the 1st MTL RTA's i have bought or used. Ares sits somewhere in the Middle for me, not bad but not that Great either. I remember watching a Phil Busardo build video for the Ares and it took 20-25 minutes before he even got to it, Not a big fan of his,think it was the last one i watched of his. He looked like someone from the Soprano's. Makes money from designing mediocre RTA's.

I picked up one of these for £20 delivered. My thoughts, if you like the two previous ones, you will like this, if you don't like the two previous, you won't like this. I have had no issues with the wicking, does not gurlgle or leak, you can get a very tight draw or a loose draw. My one criticism is that basically it's no different to the other two for flavour, so it's not really much of an upgrade, but I do like this series so happy I bought it, its not going to replace my favourite rtas, but as I still use the other two in rotation now and again, this will get some use

I'm surprised anyone actually cares, but fair play if you da...

I've got a few Ares 1 now BNIB for a couple of quid, I really like them for the 3 tobacco's I've tried, zero flooding or gurgling on all 3 I've set up. Trick is saturating the wick before folding into the open slot and leave it protruding the thread a bit.

Watching Grimms video I knew it would flood watching him wick it, he pushed the wick past the thread that leaves a gap between the cotton and the bell. That would happen on any rta if you left a gap.

The finale looks pointless though, looks uglier and from close up the of the build deck the machining and finish looks poorer.

The tools that it comes with will come in handy:)

upload_2024-2-18_21-7-18.png

Back
Top Bottom