What's new

5Avape Stratum Balance 2

Netvaper

Achiever
A brief review of the 5Avape clone of the Stratum Balance 2 and what rew and I thought of it after using solidly over a few days.

The Specs & Features (* new feature to Balance 2)
  • Delrin (black or white) and stainless steel body, dna60, screen on base, spring loaded 510.
  • Matching AIO top cover and beauty ring for use without cover, spare o-rings for cover and 510. *
  • The orientation of an atomiser can be changed by removing the body and the 510 plate which can then be rotated/refitted, four torx 5 screws (only relevant if using as a sbs). *
  • Maximum stated size atomiser; 22mmx36mm with top cover, 25mm without. *
  • The screen is used instead of up/down buttons, internal micro usb port for escribe. *
  • Size:- H 77mm without cover, 83mm with, W50mm, D26mm.
  • Top cover size:- H 43mm, W and D same as mod, internal atomiser section diameter 23mm.
  • Weight (with 18650): 152 grams without cover, 177 grams with.

IMG20231219114108[1].jpg IMG20231219114251[1].jpg

It feels a solid and well made mod with a largish, easy to locate fire button that has a soft click to it. It’s not quite as dinky as the previous 5Avape Balance being 4mm taller, 3mm wider and 2mm deeper but weighs much the same, the battery tube top now has a tiny air vent. The most interesting new features are the top cover and the screen for the up/down functions.

The Top Cover
This transforms it into an AIO style mod and it feels nice and comfy in the hand and we both really like how it looks. The cover is push fit held by two o-rings, it’s not super tight but is pretty snug, I didn’t but rew found it can come away if you pick it up by the cover. The only airflow is via the 13mm diameter opening the drip tip protrudes through so you need to ensure the atomiser and the drip tip don’t restrict it. The size of atomiser that fits in it is limited, I have two, a Bishop (35mm) and, albeit only just, a Moka clone (37mm) while rew used a Neeko (36mm) and an Arcana 22 (35mm) in his. I swapped the Bishop’s drip tip for another as it’s too short for me with the cover. We both found no lack of air using the cover and it vapes well, there was some minor condensation inside it but nothing to be bothered about.

As to other atomisers that fit Todd’s review of the OG includes a list from FB of high end ones that are said to, clones thereof should too and we imagine there are other 22mm atomisers that also do.

IMG20231219143003[1].jpgIMG20231221103030[1].jpg

The Screen Up/Down Buttons
Instead of up/down buttons you press the left(-) or right(+) side of the screen or both together, no buttons takes a bit of getting used to and your finger(s) do obscure the screen. Both of us tend not to change much on a mod once set up, I only adjust wattage and use stealth and power locked modes (though with the screen on the base there’s no real need for the latter). We both found the screen works well enough though I found pressing up/down together can be a little hit and miss.

SBS Mode & Other New Features
It’s also a very nice dinky SBS mod and a 24mm atomiser sits better on it than on the previous Balance. The beauty ring covers the two o-rings and avoids any overhang with a plus 22mm atomiser, whether you use it or not depends on if you think an atomiser looks better with or without it. While rew didn’t I found it a slightly loose fit with a 22mm atomiser which doesn’t fit over it but it does stay put.

While rotating the 510 plate is a great idea for possible bottom airflow issues as a SBS you have to remove the body and then the plate so it’s a faff especially if using multiple atomisers. The internal port for escribe also requires removing the body but at least it has one, I used it to change some default settings but am unlikely to open it up again.

IMG20231219143219[1].jpg IMG20231219143355[1].jpg

Final Thoughts
It has some niggles as mentioned above with the main one undoubtedly being the restricted atomiser size with the cover but this mod is really all about the design, the innovative AIO top cover, the looks, compact size and it’s a very nice AIO/SBS combination and we both like it.

Great write up @Netvaper . Can't think of anything to add right now. Will keep using the device and see if anything else occurs to me.

Nice review. It is just using the screen as up/down that is or could be the week bit. hopefully not, and they did test it properly. Looks really nice tho!.

Merry Christmas

Nice review. It is just using the screen as up/down that is or could be the week bit. hopefully not, and they did test it properly. Looks really nice tho!.

Merry Christmas

Thanks and merry Xmas and I'm pleased it arrived in time for. Up/down works fine, as the screen's quite small I found pressing both sides at the same time could be a bit hit and miss but it does work. With the screen on the base I've no real need to lock the power as you won't accidentally press up or down so it doesn't bother me. :)

Thanks and merry Xmas and I'm pleased it arrived in time for. Up/down works fine, as the screen's quite small I found pressing both sides at the same time could be a bit hit and miss but it does work. With the screen on the base I've no real need to lock the power as you won't accidentally press up or down so it doesn't bother me. :)
Sure it will be cool. Do like the looks of it tho, and gives you different options on looks too :)

it sounds decent, but it still always makes me think of a portable shaving device. for me the version one was much more pleasing to the eye. might still pick one up if i need a new mod soon.

it sounds decent, but it still always makes me think of a portable shaving device. for me the version one was much more pleasing to the eye. might still pick one up if i need a new mod soon.

Half naked it looks good, fully enclosed boring as fk, I could prob be doing with another side by side, but this is not it.

Half naked it looks good, fully enclosed boring as fk, I could prob be doing with another side by side, but this is not it.

aye it looks a bit big with the top off though. i think a 22mm attie looks a bit lost. the og one seems almost perfect

Personally what I like about this IS the top cap that encloses everything. My hands are mullered and the OG is too small and fiddly - admittedly a kind of niche problem lol, but ideally I would like one that could house a 24mm tank and a 21700. Yes I know it would be a brick, but I have no problems with bricks - it's the tiny stealthy stuff I have issues with.

@Netvaper , Thanks for the detailed review. I just registered to the forum for this device since there is no reviewing for 5avape version of it on the web. How is its feeling, how is Delrin parts? I am about to order Balance v1 with DNA60 or Balance2. I have some doubts about stability of screws attached to Delrin and, pressing to screen for sure. Currently I have clone balance v1 without DNA60, but I would like to have a DNA60 sbs mod.
Btw, If I buy Balance2, I'm planning to use it mostly without top cover. So, while using it without cover, do you feel better than balance v1?

Back
Top Bottom