What's new

Bodgefest - my first tin mod

Bryan123456

Achiever
Here's Bodgefest - my first completed tin mod. It actually worked. The tin's not my ideal image choice, but someone at work picked it up in a package deal - disposable lighter, packet of fag papers and the tin, which is quite sturdy, in a bag, for a quid in some sort of pound shop.

-Ves

1) It's horribly glued and scratched and I made a complete bodge. with my relatively new dremilish drill at cutting the hole for the voltmeter
2) I used a different 510 connector to my first attempt (yet to be scraped apart from its unset glue) and the other one was a firmer tighter fit for the +ve post and easier to both solder and use
3) The 510 connection is erratic - its possible, despite my attempts to seal things, to get the needle between the +ve post and silicone ring (other 510 connector type - no problems
4) It could be a hell of a lot tidier
5) Lid has to be opened to switch on, change voltage and squonch (not too bothered about this)

front.jpgback.jpginside1.jpg

+Ves

1) It's Variable Voltage
2) It's a bottom feeder
3) It has an on/off switch
4) It works
5) It was cheap to make (V V Bottom feeders are expensive)
6) It's reasonably robust for work
7) It has a voltage display
8) It has 2 batteries and 1800 mah of power
9) My atomizer and drip tip fit inside when not in use

Makes me admire Lee and the other modders for their skill and the quality of finish they achieve.

Well done :) it must be really satisfying to vape on something you've made with your own hands!

Thank you - it's my first V V bottom feeder and the taste is fantastic as is the vapour. MKII will be better :)

Nicely done mate ... a top first time .. i wouldnt know where to start!

That's a decent job Bryan! Bearing in mind you've got a voltmeter, stepdown board AND tank in there for the bottom feed, I think you deserve a big ole' congratulatory pat on the back mate! :encouragement::loyal:

AND - you should have seen the pile of molten plastic and solder which was my first attempt at a box mod - in fact I think there was a fairly high percentage of molten finger flesh mixed in as well! The second attempt wasn't much better either.

Last edited:
you'll be knocking them out next now you know it can be done Ethel King lol

That's a decent job Bryan! Bearing in mind you've got a voltmeter, stepdown board AND tank in there for the bottom feed, I think you deserve a big ole' congratulatory pat on the back mate! :encouragement::loyal:

AND - you should have seen the pile of molten plastic and solder which was my first attempt at a box mod - in fact I think there was a fairly high percentage of molten finger flesh mixed in as well! The second attempt wasn't much better either.

That's very kind of you. This one is being used for work so the poor aesthetics are not a problem. MkII needs a 'make' button that has a smaller rear footprint and will have a different voltmeter mounting - maybe internal - though it is wired currently to act as a 'device on' warning. I also need to be very careful regarding the style of 510 connector - I had one with a bolt head where the +ve terminal is flush; this was far better on all levels than the skirted one where the +ve was recessed (as used i the above device). Am pleased with it as a start and it was a good learning experience. Best though was - I couldn't find it - then realised, it was in my pocket. Pocketable was one major criteria - I can see the value of the Altoid tins in that.

Looks great Bryan ... The good thing when you build it yourself, you now if it ever breaks down it can be fixed and not just binned :strawberry:

excellent bryan, is that a ready made circuit board or did you make it yourself?

Back
Top Bottom