What's new

1 year ago today

Well done on your first year.
I celebrated my first year last month and recall the visit to the local vape shop.
To be fair to them, I stopped smoking and started vaping that day based on their “advice” and the mod they sold me, but if I knew then what I know now…….

Just realised my two year anniversary of not smoking is fast approaching so very happy with myself. Would’ve been the same for my wife had she not passed away so sad from that part.
Thank you for your welcome and so sorry for your loss.

:welcome1:

Hope you enjoy your time here, and thanks for sharing your story!:2thumbsup:

Thanks for sharing your story, congrats on your one year of not smoking a good achievement well done.

Congratulations @SubSSC from another Ex Pipe Smoker :2thumbsup:

Congrats @SubSSC you've come a long way in a year.

Well done @SubSSC a great achievement

Hi @SubSSC , welcome to the forum.

Congrats @SubSSC on one year of vaping :2thumbsup:

Nice one @SubSSC - and congratulations on a year without smokes.

Many thanks to you all for your welcomes :2thumbsup:

I wasn't sure if this should go here or the "Your Vaping Story" thread (but obviously decided here :))

1 year ago today is when I decided to go into a local vape shop to see what this vape thing was all about.

I had smoked tobacco in some form all of my adult life. Over 40 years I had smoked cigarettes, cigars and then pipes. I knew that I had to quit, but the thought REALLY depressed me.

So, back in the vape shop, I was a little apprehensive, as all the young pierced, tattooed dudes working there stood and listened as I said that I was a pipe smoker. Turned out I was the first (tobacco) pipe smoker that they had helped, but they were really good and I ended up with my first little kit – a Geekvape Z50. The guy in the shop showed me how to prime the coil and from the first puff – I knew that this could actually work! I haven’t smoked tobacco since!

So, over this year, I have progressed to mixing my own liquids, making my own concentrates, owning dozens of RTA’s and 8 mods.

I love vaping! I treat it more like a hobby. All the mixing, experimenting with liquids, different tanks and builds etc.

Smoking tobacco used to make me feel guilty (even though I loved it). When I vape now, I just thoroughly enjoy it! There is virtually 0 health implications (in my view compared with burning tobacco anyway).

Ironically, my wife loves the smell of pipe tobacco and didn’t mind if I smoked in doors, but again, I always felt that it lingered too long and only did so in really bad weather. Now I can vape in doors, outdoors – it doesn’t matter!

I am just so glad that I made that decision to go into the vape shop 1 year ago today!
Welcome and well done

I ended up smoking a Pipe after the Rollies, i still have about 10 pipes sat on the shelf including a couple of Petersons, i likes the Corn Cob Pipes though as the always gave me a nice sweetness to my smoke, that may of been my imagination. Also have a few tins of Pipe Tobacco as well. I have been vaping 3 1/2 years but can't let my pipes go for some reason.

I still have all my pipes too. I only owned 1 Peterson, but sold it as I didn't like the way it smoked. Still have a lot of pipe baccy, but I use that only for making net ejuice now.

Back
Top Bottom