What's new

1 year ago today

SubSSC

Postman
I wasn't sure if this should go here or the "Your Vaping Story" thread (but obviously decided here :))

1 year ago today is when I decided to go into a local vape shop to see what this vape thing was all about.

I had smoked tobacco in some form all of my adult life. Over 40 years I had smoked cigarettes, cigars and then pipes. I knew that I had to quit, but the thought REALLY depressed me.

So, back in the vape shop, I was a little apprehensive, as all the young pierced, tattooed dudes working there stood and listened as I said that I was a pipe smoker. Turned out I was the first (tobacco) pipe smoker that they had helped, but they were really good and I ended up with my first little kit – a Geekvape Z50. The guy in the shop showed me how to prime the coil and from the first puff – I knew that this could actually work! I haven’t smoked tobacco since!

So, over this year, I have progressed to mixing my own liquids, making my own concentrates, owning dozens of RTA’s and 8 mods.

I love vaping! I treat it more like a hobby. All the mixing, experimenting with liquids, different tanks and builds etc.

Smoking tobacco used to make me feel guilty (even though I loved it). When I vape now, I just thoroughly enjoy it! There is virtually 0 health implications (in my view compared with burning tobacco anyway).

Ironically, my wife loves the smell of pipe tobacco and didn’t mind if I smoked in doors, but again, I always felt that it lingered too long and only did so in really bad weather. Now I can vape in doors, outdoors – it doesn’t matter!

I am just so glad that I made that decision to go into the vape shop 1 year ago today!

Thanks for sharing your story, congrats on your one year of not smoking a good achievement well done.

Just realised my two year anniversary of not smoking is fast approaching so very happy with myself. Would’ve been the same for my wife had she not passed away so sad from that part.

Back
Top Bottom