What's new

How did you stop vaping

I always loved my rollups, averaged maybe 35 a day for 25 years.
Abviously there is a big lump of nicotine there, but more for me it's an excuse to stop what I am doing, and get away. Socially I am awkward, probably "on the scale" somewhere, though never diagnosed , and I always struggled with depression, again though without realising until maybe 10 years ago.
I vape similar to how I smoked, I hit a ml or 2 of very weak diy liquid, for 10 minutes or so like I would have a cig, probably 20-30x a day.
Actually given that there is only 1 nic shot in the 250ml that takes me 7-8 days to consume, I reckon I could stop in terms of nicotine addiction, what I couldn't do without is the act of stepping away from work/people/life even and having a vape

Oh Tony mate, I hear you, I'm getting close to that point too. There comes a point where you need to be happy you shook off the evil of tobacco smoking and look for the off-ramp, 'cos lets face it, it's no mean feat accomplishing it.

I notice you starting to offload some of your gear, so maybe focus on that and just keep a few favourite bits just in case.
Pretty much much what I have in mind. Keep a few bits for easy access in the times of need. Vaping to me is like an after dinner desert something I don't need but really really want .

In the same boat. Constantly vaping all day and all thru the night. The hobbyist side of vaping died for me a long time ago and despite trying to give it CPR and reinvigorate my interest a few times it really is purely functional for me these days with little to no enjoyment. Personally, I can't wait to quit vaping, but am under no illusion that it's going to be easy, so I've set myself a target to quit by the end of the year at the latest. Already started reducing my nic content. Always wanted vaping to be a transitional tool and never planned for it to be a permanent substitute. Smoking is now dead to me and the time is fast approaching for vaping to join it.
Thank you ,that's exactly how I feel.

It’s all POTV’s fault. 😁🦍 I bought a little Innokin pen type which was perfectly adequate and then started googling and landed In the ‘Shiny things’ army. I do of course enjoy vaping immensely and I’m thrilled and a little bit proud of myself that I stopped smoking 7 years ago. My worry is that I will start replacing vaping with eating. 🐷

There is lots of scaremongering about at the moment. Did anyone see the lunch time news on Wednesday? Talking about cell changes in the mouths of vapers mirroring other sinister changes of ppl with C. The piece ended with more research needed, we all know really that it’s not doing us any good. How can it be when we are inhaling things into our lungs. I like it for now and can’t see me stopping anytime soon. Love the hobby side of it too.
Me to love the all the mods and rebuildable, can spend hours making coils and wicking things . Love vaping ,love the taste, love the equipment.

get some nordic spirit. they post you out a free trial tub, mine also had three small packs of four pouches in different flavours.

it’s pretty good, i think i could get used to it when i can’t be bothered puffing a vape any more, and would def be an incremental step to something easier to quit altogether.

and if nothing else it will be useful for aeroplanes :)
Never heard of these but going to try . Thanks for the info I ordered some strong berry samples for free on the site

Never heard of these but going to try . Thanks for the info I ordered some strong berry samples for free on the site

i think they will be really useful for the initial period after you put the vapes away. after that’s sorted my thinking is pouches should be easier to gradually cut down and stop because there is no ritual/fidget related stuff attached.

i think they will be really useful for the initial period after you put the vapes away. after that’s sorted my thinking is pouches should be easier to gradually cut down and stop because there is no ritual/fidget related stuff attached.
Sounds like a plan . Need to busy my hands and fill up that time with something . I will be happy and prepared to take any kind of humour associated with that comment that maybe coming my way.

I loved a burn. Christ, the smell of amber leaf being burned to this day still makes me salivate. I've not smoked in 7 years and vaped for a few years on and off prior to that. I just enjoy inhaling something that isn't fresh air I guess. I know for a fact, that if I didn't vape, I'd smoke. For that reason, I believe this is the end game for me.

Me to love the all the mods and rebuildable, can spend hours making coils and wicking things . Love vaping ,love the taste, love the equipment.
Same here, it's an enjoyable hobby even if you don't want to vape on the results :) - eg. I keep trying (and failing) to make a workable coil out of far, far too much ribbon wrapped around itself and other very thin wire - but wire is cheap and it's fun to do !

It's a difficult one this as something I am considering/planning to do once my current supply has run out. I want to try and get ahead of the potential increases plus my favourite concentrate is no longer availble.

I work from home (and have done long before it became popular) - 10 years ago when I was smoking I would have to go outside to smoke as the Mrs didn't want the house stinking (and she had a point). Since I started vaping 8 years ago, im on it al day and night (the mrs actually doesn't mind the smell of it in the house) so quitting this will be much harder - didn't realise how often I actually do it but I am a very heavy vaper (often kill at least one set of 21700's a day).

Back
Top Bottom