What's new

How did you stop vaping

tony68

Veteran
I love that vaping made me stop smoking. It worked instantly for me. I went all out from smoking to vapes and never looked back. I'm now 7 years or so without ever touching a roll up and hate the smell of tobacco but vape all day and all night.
Now I need to stop vaping because vaping has done the job. Anyone stopped vaping yet after giving up the cigs.
Tips and advice would be wonderful.
I tried stopping vaping with a bang and tried no nic at al but still love the vape experience. Its like nice ,vaping is nice , smoking isn't nice but vaping is. How to stop the nice bit.

difficult one to answer mate. most that have stopped over the years sadly dont visit the forum anymore.
for me i dont think ill ever stop as i think as soon as i do id be back on the cigs so not risking it but good luck.

Oh Tony mate, I hear you, I'm getting close to that point too. There comes a point where you need to be happy you shook off the evil of tobacco smoking and look for the off-ramp, 'cos lets face it, it's no mean feat accomplishing it.

I notice you starting to offload some of your gear, so maybe focus on that and just keep a few favourite bits just in case.

Here’s an idea - let’s run it up the flagpole and see who salutes…..

Impose a draconian rate of duty on juices and limit their flavours to tobacco, mint & menthol.

Silly idea I know, but I reckon it’s gonna work for me 😕

Jokes (& sarcasm) apart, I’m not far behind your thinking @tony68

All this madness of duty and flavour bans has focused my mind on quitting vaping - For me, it’s done its job of quitting cigarettes and I saw it, initially, as a cessation method. But you are so right - vaping is “nice” and I enjoy it.

As has been mentioned already, the vast majority of ex-vapers will not longer visit POTV so we won’t get to know their journey.

I’ve been transitioning from 12mg nic over the last month or so with the goal of getting to 3mg by the summer and then be in quit territory.

I believe that, for me, quitting is going to be a case of muscle memory and the habit of regularly shoving a mod in my mouth and sucking. I’ve thought that maybe a mod minus its battery and/or coil may be an answer until I get to realise the futility of it and break the cycle.

Dunno - but for me quitting vaping may be harder than quitting smoking ☹️

Can't be much help despite having dropped to 0mg. Had to give up the nicotine due to developing a hypersensitivity to it. Am still vaping but don't know how long for.

I gradually cut the nic down to where I am now which is 0.25ml, basically just for show I doubt its doing much and I should go to 0 really. I will definitely struggle with the manual habit of vaping though.

In the same boat. Constantly vaping all day and all thru the night. The hobbyist side of vaping died for me a long time ago and despite trying to give it CPR and reinvigorate my interest a few times it really is purely functional for me these days with little to no enjoyment. Personally, I can't wait to quit vaping, but am under no illusion that it's going to be easy, so I've set myself a target to quit by the end of the year at the latest. Already started reducing my nic content. Always wanted vaping to be a transitional tool and never planned for it to be a permanent substitute. Smoking is now dead to me and the time is fast approaching for vaping to join it.

I too am thinking of quitting Vaping but unlike some i am not that concerned if i return to smoking which i suppose may help. I think if you can keep yourself occupied doing something else then it won't be so hard to quit. If i am busy and have my mind set on other things i don't tend to Vape. Depending what i am doing i can go 2 - 3 hours or more without Vaping. The downside to that is when i am sat down watching TV or reading i am constantly reaching for a vape.

Almost at zero nic myself. I have about 50ml left of 72mg nic in the freezer which I reckon will last about a year or so. After that I plan to go zero nic and continue vaping as I enjoy the flavours and the whole DIY hobby side of it. I'll probably be rewicking on my death bed.

Back
Top Bottom