What's new

The future of vaping............

Do you have any idea how much it costs to produce and sell something in this country? Just think about how many bottles of e-liquid you'd have to sell every month to pay a minimal amount of a few staff members along with just the obvious monthly running costs of the business.

Honestly, I'm surprised anyone can make it work... which most aren't, they are either struggling or gone already. If you think they are 'scalping' you and it costs 'fuck all' to produce then you are mistaken.

I've been DIY for years now and yes it's very inexpensive, but that's because I don't have any of the costs that a business does. I don't need to print labels or packaging, I can mix on my kitchen table, I don't need to pay anyone or have anything tested. I don't need stock, staff or premises. That doesn't mean you are getting ripped of when you do have to contribute towards that when you buy something.

I have a rough idea how much it costs but does anyone apart from the company that makes liquid know the true cost. My Scalping comment was mainly aimed at Mods and Tanks. With E-Liquid i agree there might be an initial outlay but don't try to convince me that this high initial outlay continues throughout the E-Liquid Process and E-Liquid Makers are producing E-Liquid for a few Pence per bottle because i don't believe it. Don't get me wrong i am not saying they all do but i would say there is a fair few out there that do scalp people. I have seen Companies have closing down sales where their prices are still higher than what you can get it for elsewhere. Shoot me down for my opinions but don't try and tell me it doesn't happen because you are fooling yourself.

Local independent shop has been selling their own white label brand 10ml liquid @ £3 a pop or 4 for a tenner, since 2016, same price now as then. The 12mg and 18mg bottles will go up to a minimum of £23 for 4, that's some hike.

If they try the idea of taxing PG and VG bought from vape shops that just seems pathetic to me. There are plenty of non vape related places to buy it from and avoid the tax, and if they think I'm going to declare something I already own which is sitting in my kitchen just because I make DIY e-juice from it for my personal use they must be retarded.

PG, VG and Concentrates all come under Food Consumables as far as i know though don't quote me on that. Nicotine is the only Ingredient that should be taxed in my opinion. So E-Liquid without Nicotine shouldn't be taxed. It's all come about since TPD. The this product contains Nicotine bollox is something i could never get my head around. How can they add a warning to something that doesn't contain Nicotine and may never contain it.

I think they will have difficulty taxing stuff that comes in from abroad, I doubt a vendor from France is going to have their cart set up for UK per ml taxation

I think they will have difficulty taxing stuff that comes in from abroad, I doubt a vendor from France is going to have their cart set up for UK per ml taxation

it might get screened at customs. there needs to be a declaration of what’s inside it. so unless they are creative in their description the buyer will get a message to say tax is payable before the package is released.

it might get screened at customs. there needs to be a declaration of what’s inside it. so unless they are creative in their description the buyer will get a message to say tax is payable before the package is released.
It might, it might not though, Im sure there will be plenty of us with fish tanks

Back
Top Bottom