What's new

The future of vaping............

andywilliams1187

Initiate
Afternoon all,

Hope everyone is well.

Just wanted to get peoples thoughts on what the future of vaping looks like and what people's plans are. With disposables being banned (no issue with this) coupled with the taxation in 2026, how to people see the industry working in the future?

Personally, I mix my own liquid at home and usually have a stockpile of around 5 litres (of both PG and VG) but I am a heavy vaper (work from home so on it all day). With the proposed changes, my initial thoughts were to buy a new deep freezer, throw it in the garage and stockpile up on nicotine/concentrates (I am not worried about PG/VG as this will always be available) but now I am thinking I might just try and jack it in all together and not restock at all. I really enjoy vaping but the way it is looking with the proposed taxation it will not be that much cheaper than smoking.

I also wonder how it will affect local shops and online stockists - especially the tax and requirements for storage; I can see a lot of them going out of business or simply walking away from the stores (especially if they are on a high street location with initial reduced rates from the local council, as it will be a double hit when both the reduced rate and tax come into force)

I might be wrong, but the future of vaping looks very bleak to me

No it's not looking good with all the proposed changes coming. I'm planning on going the DIY route. Vaping is my hobby and I don't want to stop.

I'm sure vaping will still be around but at this point it's hard to tell in what form it will be.

No it's not looking good with all the proposed changes coming. I'm planning on going the DIY route. Vaping is my hobby and I don't want to stop.

I'm sure vaping will still be around but at this point it's hard to tell in what form it will be.
Thats kind of my thought process with it - at the moment nicotine is realativley cheap but if they do tax it like the proposal says, it will become too expensive for me to justify (even though I only vape at slightly under 3mg). I suppose I could always go down to 0mg.

Thinking about it, there will also potentially be a price drive in mods/batteries etc. so I might stock up on a few more just so I have them

Can't see how many will survive, once they cost it all in verses the amount of customers they have and will probably loose a lot will be forced to throw the towel in.

its going too be grim, but cant see me packing in though, i use to be a quite heavy vaper mostly 70/30 but since january ive been using pods with salts & the amount of liquid i use too go through has gone down & know im buying longfills & shortfills every week too build up my stash.

Get the bunker stashed. Wine cooler and argon. I think DIYorDie did a YouTube video on the process. It's looking well grim.

Can't see how many will survive, once they cost it all in verses the amount of customers they have and will probably loose a lot will be forced to throw the towel in.
Agree - I can see a lot of the bigger named rip off brands staying in place as they have the financial backing but for the smaller independents its going to be difficult for them to run at a profit.

its going too be grim, but cant see me packing in though, i use to be a quite heavy vaper mostly 70/30 but since january ive been using pods with salts & the amount of liquid i use too go through has gone down & know im buying longfills & shortfills every week too build up my stash.
I was the same with smoking (I know it sounds stupid but if it was a lot cheaper I would still do it as I did really enjoy it) but I had not thought of moving to pods (unless they will be next after the disposable ban)

Agree - I can see a lot of the bigger named rip off brands staying in place as they have the financial backing but for the smaller independents its going to be difficult for them to run at a profit.

.. and that isn't even the future, it's the now.

A lot of shops have disposables as the majority of their stock so it's hard to see how they will survive.

Also if the government plan to make the hardware more expensive it's going to be a very niche market. Whatever happens I'm going to start hoarding and stockpiling for the Vapocalypse starting from now.

Back
Top Bottom